Good short term prepaid with data?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello, I am coming to Philly for about 10 days, and want to get a prepaid plan that charges talk and data on per-use basis, or something else that would be reasonably priced for the 10 day period. I already have a phone, so only looking for a SIM card.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is it an At&t phone, or is it unlocked?

Most of the providers mandate a monthly data plan for smart phones. Per use data is pretty expensive, 33 cents per MB with AirVoiceWireless Air voice has a pay as you go plan or a $10 monthly plan. They use At&t sim cards.
The $10 plan gets you 4 cent a minute calls and 2 cent per text plus the data.

Straight Talk has a BYOD program. $15 for the sim ard and $45 a month for unlimited talk, text and data (2GB data). At&t or T-Mobile sims available.

If you use google voice and a jailbroke iPhone you can get the SMS GV extension from Cydia for $3. You get practically free incoming texts because it uses the push notificaton for the text and turns it into a full text message. Very little data usage for push. I use it on an iPhone with AirVoice's $10 a month plan.

You can go for the refurb White 16GB iPhone 4S from At&t for $299.99 with no commitment. New customers, you must pick a voice plan and a data plan with the phone purchase. Cancel at the end of the first month, sell the phone anytime you want. You can use the new sim in your current phone, you don't have to use the new iPhone. About $400 initial. They sell on eBay for $310 - $400 buy it now.

iPhone thread

I flatly refuse to pay activation fees and/or for SIM cards. If a provider wants me to start doing business with them, I'll do so for free or I'll find someone who does.

i have 2 unlocked blackberries on hand. Thx for the help, I guess I'll just go with one of the big guys, Tmobile or Att

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014