• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi All:

I went to my water company's website and went to rates and was able to complete a form to increase my family's water allotment per month. It allowed me to increase allotment based on the number of people [in my case more than 4], and by square footage. Check it out

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Doesn't it all come through the same pipes?

What do you meen by allotment? Are you only allowed a certain amount each month before they cut you off?
Where do you live?

What happens if I don't increase my allotment ?
Do they turn OFF the water after a certain amount ?
I never heard of an allotment ...
I live in Milwaukee, WI.
No shortage of water here...

They charge you higher rate for over usage just like electricity.

neither in Milwaukee
Where are you ?

How do they monitor our well water?

California

They charge you more depending on how much more you use.

In California also, if you use under a certain amount of water you can get a refund on the sewage portion of your property tax bill. Anybody who is living alone or as a couple should easily qualify for that as the average usage is based on a family of three.

tier plan.

More you use more it costs. You can get much better prices based on your income.

All the red must be from people out of California.

Two years ago San Diego asked residents to cut back 30% because of a drought. The good citizens we are we achieved that... well the water company found it coulnd't pay its bills because of the reduced water usage so they asked the regulators to allow a 30% increase in rates they charge customers, and got it.

That is the LAST time I will ever conserve anything. The double whammy was your allotmants in parts of San Diego, i.e. Escondido, were based on your water usage during the draught. So the guy (my father) who went extreme to help out the city and cut back 50% let the lawn die etc, then had a small cap. His neighbor with the pool and lavish landscaping who has a $600 a month water bill gets allotted that as his normal usage and gets the lower rate. When my father went back to watering his lawn he was stuck with the high rate.

The way California municipaly water districts allocate water is unfair in some areas and fair in others... the ones that do it by sq footage, number of bedrooms, or people living in the house are much fairer than the water useage history.

All people that red don't understand and don't want to take the time to. Typical.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014