Intel SSD Rebate Website Glitch

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
In June I bought an Intel SSD at Newegg with a rebate. I'd previously done an Intel SSD rebate but they had been using 4myrebate.com and that rebate arrived routinely. For this newer rebate, Intel used a different company. This processor offered the ability to upload your proof - scan in the UPC code and the invoice.

I submitted everything in June via their website. And waited. And waited. I checked their website for status a few times and all it said was, "Processing."

It's now been more than three months. I finally called them. Oh, oops, we had a glitch over the summer and some of those attachments people uploaded were lost. We were just waiting for people to mail them instead.

Of course, I was never NOTIFIED that they had a glitch or that they hadn't received anything. I guess they were just hoping I'd forget and they'd keep the money.

After my call, they finally sent me an email allowing me to re-submit a scan of the UPC (fortunately still had the scan) and the invoice. Today it was approved. Now I have to wait ANOTHER 6-8 weeks to get my prepaid Visa card!

Anyway - just a note about this particular Intel SSD rebate, in case any of you did the same thing and are also waiting. Contact them!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sometimes, rebate is troublesome

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.