Anymore Costco new membership discount/rewards?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
A few years ago I remember there was a way to sign up for a Costco membership and receive something like $50 of free costco stuff like free coffee, chicken, batteries, etc. Is that still available somewhere?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hello people!

Any recent deals to purchase membership card for Costco stores?
I really want to buy it asap, but don't fe... (more)

Shadows04 (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 9:33p) |

fivetalents (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 10:43p) |

"Current offer expires 10-29-2012" ?
Today we have a middle of November, that's why I wasn't looking into that anymore..... (more)

Shadows04 (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 8:00a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Mypoints has been offering this every few months for the past few years. Current offer expires 10-29-2012. The email the offer to you when available.

You may need to register to see current offer at www.mypoints.com/emp/u/member/costco.vm?src=mmt392655:

Price: $55.00 (Costco raised their membership fees again)

Purchase at Costco Membership certificate online only to Join or Upgrade your membership and receive this special offer:
A free rotisserie chicken
A free Kirkland Signature™ 48 pack "AA" batteries
FREE Kirkland Signature Spring or drinking Water, 35/16.9oz. -
and more!

Use your Costco Membership Certificate to:
Join as an Executive Member when you buy 2 membership certificates
Join as a Gold Star Member*
Upgrade your existing membership
Give the gift of a Costco Membership

*A membership certificate can not be used to renew a Gold Star Membership.

Membership Certificates are offered online only and are not available for purchase at Costco locations. So take advantage of this amazing offer.

Restrictions: Valid for new memberships and upgrades to Executive Membership. Not valid for renewal of existing Costco membership. Membership Certificates have no cash value. Costco Membership Certificate orders are fulfilled by participating National Membership Program organizations. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for processing and shipping. Costco Membership Certificates are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed. To activate your Costco membership, bring your certificate to your local Costco membership counter. See the Membership Certificate for details.

Certificates can only be returned to the place of purchase.

Thank you so much, fivetalents. I've registered and will purchase before the end of the month.

There was also an offer on working advantage that included a gift card and coupons for merchandise.

scottvm said:   There was also an offer on working advantage that included a gift card and coupons for merchandise.

details??

The only cheap thing I can find in Costco are Roasted Chicken, corn chips, and yogart.

TheDealMaker said:   The only cheap thing I can find in Costco are Roasted Chicken, corn chips, and yogart.

I saved over $100 just on a car rental booked through costco travel. Between that and stocking up on diapers when they have coupons for them, the membership paid for itself.

Costco Wholesale Gold Star Membership Certificate with $10 in FREE Cash Cards.

LIMITED TIME OFFER - $10 in savings! Each Costco Wholesale Gold Star Membership purchased between now and Wednesday, October 31, 2012 will receive 2 FREE $5 Cash Cards*.

*Costco has created another convenient way for members to pay for their purchases: The Costco Cash card! Members may use the cash cards to shop at over 600 Costco locations in the United States or on costco.com. Cash Cards do not expire.

Every Costco Membership Certificate purchased comes with coupons worth more than $50, including a FREE rotisserie chicken, Free Kirkland Signature TM 48 pk "AA" batteries, FREE Kirkland Signature Spring or drinking Water, 35/16.9oz. - and more! This coupon offer is valid through 12/31/12

This is a little off subject, but for anyone interested, LivingSocial has a Sam's Club membership today for $40, which includes a $20 gift card and $20 in food (the little pizza/salad/drinks/whatever area in the front) coupons. This is in the Tampa area, but I would think you could redeem it anywhere.

scottvm said:   Costco Wholesale Gold Star Membership Certificate with $10 in FREE Cash Cards.

LIMITED TIME OFFER - $10 in savings! Each Costco Wholesale Gold Star Membership purchased between now and Wednesday, October 31, 2012 will receive 2 FREE $5 Cash Cards*.

*Costco has created another convenient way for members to pay for their purchases: The Costco Cash card! Members may use the cash cards to shop at over 600 Costco locations in the United States or on costco.com. Cash Cards do not expire.

Every Costco Membership Certificate purchased comes with coupons worth more than $50, including a FREE rotisserie chicken, Free Kirkland Signature TM 48 pk "AA" batteries, FREE Kirkland Signature Spring or drinking Water, 35/16.9oz. - and more! This coupon offer is valid through 12/31/12

Can you post a link to this deal or state where/how to get this?

Magnolia05 said:   This is a little off subject, but for anyone interested, LivingSocial has a Sam's Club membership today for $40, which includes a $20 gift card and $20 in food (the little pizza/salad/drinks/whatever area in the front) coupons. This is in the Tampa area, but I would think you could redeem it anywhere.

If you like Sam's or it's your only/more convenient option, that's a pretty good deal. You should post it as a new thread in the hot deals forum. You might get a free FW Black Friday t-shirt if you haven't already.

i'm an Executive member presently, about to expire. it seems i could renew as Gold member, and use the cert to upgrade to Executive? anyone done that?

1. buy membership
2. cancel before the year is up and receive a refund.

cashistrash said:   1. buy membership

FW does not advocate fraud. Intentional abuse of store policies only results in such benefits being cancelled for all of us.

Magnolia05 said:   This is a little off subject, but for anyone interested, LivingSocial has a Sam's Club membership today for $40, which includes a $20 gift card and $20 in food (the little pizza/salad/drinks/whatever area in the front) coupons. This is in the Tampa area, but I would think you could redeem it anywhere.
From LS's fine print:

• Offer must be activated at the 1725 34th Street N. (Tampa); However, once active, Sam’s membership is valid in all U.S. locations.

When I went to purchase at mypoints just now, the offer page has it expiring in June 30, 2013.

fivetalents said:   cashistrash said:   1. buy membership

FW does not advocate fraud. Intentional abuse of store policies only results in such benefits being cancelled for all of us.

That is rather presumptuous.

handyguy said:   fivetalents said:   cashistrash said:   1. buy membership

That is rather presumptuous.

I disagree. The steps were a response to the OP's question about how to save money on Costco membership. Opening a membership with the clear intent to cancel it after you take full advantage of membership privileges ONLY to avoid having to pay for membership is dishonest and abusive. You are being rather generous to believe that cashistrash is suggesting otherwise. If I'm misreading the intent, I hope that cashistrash clarifies that post.

Otherwise, this is abusing a generous policy that allows members who have legitimate complaints, problems, or concerns with their membership to get 100% of their money back at any time. Costco can easily prorate membership fee refunds based on days used or make them non-refundable, just like they drastically limited their merchandise return policy due to broad scale abuse.

therugsucker said:   When I went to purchase at mypoints just now, the offer page has it expiring in June 30, 2013.

That's unusual beacuse they usually only offer this a couple of weeks at a time. I don't see an expiration date when I visit the link though. Maybe that is the date that a purchased certificate will expire (i.e., you can no longer use it at Costco), not the deadline to purchase through the current offer?

fivetalents said:   therugsucker said:   When I went to purchase at mypoints just now, the offer page has it expiring in June 30, 2013.

That's unusual beacuse they usually only offer this a couple of weeks at a time. I don't see an expiration date when I visit the link though. Maybe that is the date that a purchased certificate will expire (i.e., you can no longer use it at Costco), not the deadline to purchase through the current offer?

To clarify, I clicked the link above provided by fivetalents, then I signed in and the Costco Membership certificate page appears with a Buy button on it, after I clicked on the Buy button the Costco Membership Certificates - Exclusive Online Offer page appears and it is on the bottom of that page in blue that states the Offer expires June 30th, 2013.

Received the membership package today, they sure ship it quick. In addition to the free chicken, batteries and water, there's $5 off the 2 lb bag of coffee which was free before, $5 off their fresh-baked pizza, $5 off fresh meat item, $3 off albacore tuna cans, $3 off chocolate chunk cookies, $3 off white meat chicken breast cans, and $1.50 off fresh salad.

Only valid with US addy, not Canadian one

What is the link for the Costco discount membership?

Hello people!

I really want to buy it asap, but don't feel like buying it by simply paying $55 at the Costco website...
I would love to get something extra, out of that fact that I am joining

Shadows04 said:   Hello people!

I really want to buy it asap, but don't feel like buying it by simply paying $55 at the Costco website...
I would love to get something extra, out of that fact that I am joining

This deal is ongoing

www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1228368/m17269353/#m172...

"Current offer expires 10-29-2012" ?
Today we have a middle of November, that's why I wasn't looking into that anymore...

edit:

They extended this offer: "Offer expires June 30th, 2013"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014