Is Meritline legit?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
They are a FW cahback site and I see them mentioned frequently but based on my experience they seem pretty shady.

I bought this and three weeks later it still is not here. Meritline is being less than cooperative, saying they have no way to track and making me wait until they will maybe ship out another, which I am thinking won't arrive either.

I bet they got overwhelmed and didn't have enough stock. If I am lucky will get my money back. Glad it was only $0.89.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1226590/

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Meritline has never taken over 4 weeks for me, except when a product wasn't delivered. The average has been almost 3 we... (more)

larrymoencurly (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 2:13p) |

I mentioned the word "most" and the fact that apparently including that word makes some believe they can deliver wheneve... (more)

bru20 (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 3:05p) |

This time you are not most. You are getting very cheap stuff shipped for free from half a world away. They are not exa... (more)

Tom9999 (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 5:04p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Many Meritline products ship from China, which is apparently the case with whatever you ordered. I wouldn't worry about it. Shipments from China and Hong Kong can take several weeks to arrive. Shipping is very inexpensive from China/HK, but it isn't fast. I made the mistake of ordering some cheap audio connectors from China once, and they took months to arrive. I order from HK somewhat frequently, and I think those packages usually take about three weeks to arrive.

"Ships from China warehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks." The exact words listed in Green, Bold font on this items page.

Meritline deals always take awhile to arrive. I've eventually received every item I've ordered from them, with no additional contact beyond placing the order. Typically delivery comes as a surprise, because by the time the item arrives, I've practically forgotten ordering it.

2-3 weeks is an estimate. It doesn't mean you should complain on the 22nd day. I'm guessing this is your first order from them, so I understand your response. (I don't red everything I see like some people!)


*
As another note, watch reviews closely. I ordered an LED blub that is supposed to be worthless. It hasn't burnt out yet, but so far I've only used it for a few hours at a time. I'm sure eventually the reviews will be proven right.

I have used it many times, no problems yet, and the shipping between 2 or 3 weeks, usually 2 for me, In general i like the store for things below 30 bucks

StartByServingOthers said:    Typically delivery comes as a surprise, because by the time the item arrives, I've practically forgotten ordering it.

Same here

just ping them and they will reship

Meritline is legit, and they're really good about providing replacements or refunds for items that are defective or never received, at least for cheaper ones (I don't know about more expensive products), but they're fairly lousy with rebates (last one took 5 months and 3 requests), and product quality can be way down there.

bru20 said:   They are a FW cahback site and I see them mentioned frequently but based on my experience they seem pretty shady.

I bought this and three weeks later it still is not here. Meritline is being less than cooperative, saying they have no way to track and making me wait until they will maybe ship out another, which I am thinking won't arrive either.

I bet they got overwhelmed and didn't have enough stock. If I am lucky will get my money back. Glad it was only $0.89.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1226590/


As others have said, expect slow shipping.

Also expect low quality. I don't deal with them anymore for the latter reason, I've never not received an item.

StartByServingOthers said:   "Ships from China warehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks." The exact words listed in Green, Bold font on this items page.

Meritline deals always take awhile to arrive. I've eventually received every item I've ordered from them, with no additional contact beyond placing the order. Typically delivery comes as a surprise, because by the time the item arrives, I've practically forgotten ordering it.

2-3 weeks is an estimate. It doesn't mean you should complain on the 22nd day. I'm guessing this is your first order from them, so I understand your response. (I don't red everything I see like some people!)



I know what it said about shipping and since I haven't received it in 21 days I thought it was fair to contact them. It didn't start out as a complaint but after my experience with their CS I certainly am not happy with the company. I didn't realize they had carte blanche as to when they would deliver an order. Seems as long as they say "most customers receive in 2-3 weeks." it's ok if some get it after four weeks?, five?

Poster above says he typically gets his order in two weeks so again I don't think contacting them after three weeks was wrong.

Hopefully it does arrive at some point. But I don't think I will order from them again.

Double post, sorry.

I've never had a problem with Meritline. Some of the items ship from abroad and can take a while. They also stand behind their products. I have only had a problem one time, and Meritline shipped a replacement immediately.

Yes, been doing business with them for years.

I wouldn't worry until you hit the 6 week point. Have been buying from them for years - quality ain't great so be careful what you buy, but never didn't receive something i ordered - just takes a LONG time.

Shipments can take a while, but everything I have ordered has eventually shown up.

May be tardy, but never had any delivery issues.

I have ordered many items from Meritline and the only items orginating and marked "from China", takes weeks to arrive but they always arrive.

Ordered from Meritline many times. When shipped from China, takes about 3-4 weeks. Some products are shipped from Singapore and that takes 1-2 weeks. So far I have been very happy with my purchases.

Op; can't you read

Read what? That they said 2-3 weeks and it's been over that?

I know what they said. The problem is it isn't true. Several people said it's more like 3-4 or even 6 weeks. They should say that.

I guess you've never taken info from a vendor at face value and then when something wasn't right you questioned them.

Thanks for the red because I asked a question.

newsbinreporter said:   Ordered from Meritline many times. When shipped from China, takes about 3-4 weeks. Some products are shipped from Singapore and that takes 1-2 weeks. So far I have been very happy with my purchases.
Then they should update the info they provide to their customers.

To me "Ships from China wharehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks" means just that. 3-4 (or 6) isn't 2-3.

LiquidSilver said:   Shipments can take a while, but everything I have ordered has eventually shown up.I love getting my packages from Meritline! By the time they arrive, I've forgotten what I ordered, so it's like opening Christmas presents!

bru20 said:   To me "Ships from China wharehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks" means just that. 3-4 (or 6) isn't 2-3.
Why do you keep ignoring the word "most" in their delivery estimate?

Personally I am surprised they don't have tracking for their shiments. I've bought cheap stuff on eBay that has tracking from China.

Been purchasing laser toner cartridges for them for my place of employment for about 5 years. Probably have spent $10,000 over the years.

Totally legit!

Dear OP, be realistic.

Want it sooner? Buy locally. Be prepared to pay more.

Want it cheaper? Expect most to be shipped from China or Hong Kong and it will take longer. I have zero problem with Meritline for years.

You cannot have both.

Me also. Purchased from them for years now with no problems.

I just GREEN'd the majority of the posters supporting Meritline and RED'd the rest.

bru20,

Do your research!

If you want:
  1. High Quality
  2. Fast Shipping
  3. Low Price


...look at vendors like Newegg.

If you want:
  1. "UNKNOWN" Quality
  2. SLOW Shipping
  3. Low Price


...look at vendors like Meritline.

Certainly you're heard the expression "You Get What You Pay For!"

In *MY* personal experience, over *DOZENS* of orders, I'd say (at least) 95% have turned out fine.

I received:
  1. One 'Dud' 9-LED Light, IIRC, where one AAA wouldn't fit into the socket. Multiple reviews indicated the same problem and I received a GOOD replacement immediately WITHOUT having to return the 'Dud'.
  2. One '1AA High Power Flashlight" that worked just fine for the first few months but now won't turn on without a *LOT* of fiddling. To me, it appears as a "Weak Spring" on the Base / Negative end. I plan to add a drop of solder to the Top / Positive end to increase the pressure.


Bottom Line: For the *CHEAP* price, I know in advance what I'm getting. If *YOU* want HIGH Quality and FAST Shipping, shop elsewhere.

Personally, I enjoy the *CHEAP* Prices / *SLOW* Shipping on their "Daily Deals".

Meritline has never taken over 4 weeks for me, except when a product wasn't delivered. The average has been almost 3 weeks, and when I've called them at 4 weeks, they've always offered a refund or reshipment and have never told me to wait longer. Meritline also offers 10-day guaranteed shipping for an extra $1.99, and I think that means they ship from California.

I recently ordered one of these IDE-SATA adapters again, for about the 8th time in the past 2-3 years, and delivery from Singapore took exactly 10 days. All but one were delivered in under 3 weeks, one was a dud, and all had soldering that was not the prettiest. BTW this is probably one of the best IDE-SATA converters available and seems to be compatible with everything, including CD and DVD drives.

billrubin said:   bru20 said:   To me "Ships from China wharehouse. Most customers receive in 2-3 weeks" means just that. 3-4 (or 6) isn't 2-3.
Why do you keep ignoring the word "most" in their delivery estimate?


I mentioned the word "most" and the fact that apparently including that word makes some believe they can deliver whenever. I took what they said at face value, so shoot me (or give me more red, lol).

I'm supposed to believe they shipped somthing on Oct. 17 and it hasn't arrived by Nov. 8? Or did they really not ship it when they said? I understand that no vendor is perfect. But geez they could have put it in a bottle in the ocean and it would have been here by now.

They might as well not say anything and just tell you when it ships. Because it seems 2-3 weeks is the exception and much longer is typical.

This time you are not most. You are getting very cheap stuff shipped for free from half a world away. They are not exactly the Apple Store. You order something, it gets assembled into a bulk shipping system, possibly goes on a boat, sits in customs for awhile, ends up in the US Post Office system and eventually shows up in your mailbox. The fact shipping is free is why they don't have tracking. If you want FedEx International Next Day, you are going to pay for it.

I've ordered all kinds of stuff from them. Agree that it is like Christmas - by the time the crap I didn't really need in the first place arrives, I had forgotten I ordered it.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014