MacBook purchase timing

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm looking into buying a MacBook Air this month. The current price at Apple is $1,199, and guessing they'll have it for $1,098 for Black Friday. Amazon has it for $1,099.99 right now. Does Amazon traditionally discount them by another $100 for Black Friday, or should I go ahead and purchase from them now?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've never seen Amazon discount any Apple products for BF. Plus Apple usually only offers a 5% BF discount on current gen Apple products not the 10% are you are anticipating.

Fry's usually have it for $999 ($200 off). That model goes on sale every other week. This week, it's the version with retina display for $1,549 ($150 off).

A few weeks ago Amazon list it as $1030 I think.

I have mine like new 13 inch air latest model up for sale at eBay if any one care? Solid 10 mo warranty left

you can get it from MacMall for 1066 after discount code (search appleinsider or FatWallet Cash Back).

no tax and free shipping.

Just pulled the trigger at $1,024.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.