any deals on ipad screen protector?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just bought a new ipad 3. Is it necessary to put a screen cover?

I saw this one on Amazon, link

the product demo looks good, but I don't have experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzeS2-Au58s

What do you guys think? is it a good price and quality?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I prefer XtremeGuard. They work well, cheap as heck with discount codes, solid warranty (they've replaced items for me with no more questions than what was my order number), and they're a wet application rather than dry. Dry is just too easy to screw up.

My experience for well over a year with an iPad 2 is that you should only look for a back cover if you are using a smart cover or other case. That glass is tough and I still don't have any scratches with only the usual attention paid and ordinary care given. Unless you are constantly scraping it with metal nails or diamonds, why bother with a skin or cover on the screen? An Apple employee at a Genius Bar told me just that a month ago. For a back cover I use a clear hard plastic piece that I bought online for 5 bucks delivered (the kind with the cutouts on the edges for the speaker, camera, controls, etc.) and it has stayed on and kept the back clean and perfect. That's all you really need if you aren't tossing the thing around the room.

I used my original iPad for almost 2 years without a screen protector, and the screen was still in perfect condition. That was with me using it (carefully) and my toddler using it (not so carefully). I've never used screen protectors on my smart phones either, and have never had a scratch. Of course, if you carrying it with keys, change, etc, you might have a problem. Gorilla Glass is amazingly resistant to scratches. I do use a fairly protective leather case on my iPad though, simply because I'm a clutz and drop things.

yes

yes

the screen is the same size and dimensions as previous versions, the stores like marshalls, tjmax, ross are filthy with screen protectors, i put one on my ipad3, it was about $2, i don't think it's necessary, but can't hurt

Dollar Tree has them for the Ipad 2 & 3. Can't remember the price, though.

thanks all for the input. I was afraid of my 2 year old boy, who sometimes is really unpredictable.
I will get one anyway.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014