• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am buying the biggest and best LED HDTV on Black Friday. Here are the deals so far:

The Sharp 70" appears to be the identical model everywhere. I listed them all since not everyone has these stores near them. Not all the others have the model number in the listing.

Would you just go by price and get the Vizio at Sam's Club? Or would you go for the biggest and get the Sharp at WalMart? Or would you stay home and order the Samsung from Costco.com? Any opinions on any of these sets? Is there an appreciable difference between Samsung and Vizio, or between the 65" and 70" (for the money)? What would you do?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just bought the 60" Samsung LED 1080p 240 CMR HDTV (Item #: 604523) at Sams on-line. Price was $1048 before tax. Ship... (more)

bigdaddy007 (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 8:51a) |

I pulled the trigger at best buy on one of the Samsung 65" after reading all the reviews and fits a little better than ... (more)

jspatch (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 9:53a) |

Waiting for the TV to be shipped but i do not understand why the reviews are so much better for the 65 than the 60 inch ... (more)

bigdaddy007 (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 4:04p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

very helpful. I am in the same boat.

byteless said:   very helpful. I am in the same boat.
any model numbers to check the reviews?
I listed the model numbers (when available) at the end of each line.

I think this is a review for that Samsung from Best Buy.. lots of good reviews on Amazon -> http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65EH6000-65-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/...

I have always been a believer in Samsung. I own 2 of their TV's & 3 of their monitors. Vizio seems to be a step down in my book. If money is tight, I would buy a Vizio though. They are much better than other no-name brands.

The thickness is not impressive (3.8 Inches Without Stand)

skvl said:   The thickness is not impressive (3.8 Inches Without Stand)I'm at a loss trying to figure out why this matters.

dcwilbur said:   skvl said:   The thickness is not impressive (3.8 Inches Without Stand)I'm at a loss trying to figure out why this matters.

My guess is that maybe thickness matters if you wall-mount it, leaving a nice, wide 'gap' to see the wiring/connectors/crappy job of mounting it.

In the vein of things that shouldn't be seen, would you want your plumber to have a 3.8" gap in the back of his jeans, while at your home repairing you dishwasher?

i would just buy the vizio, next year with the money you save, you probably can get a 70in for 1000

dcwilbur said:   The Sharp 70" appears to be the identical model everywhere. I listed them all since not everyone has these stores near them. Not all the others have the model number in the listing.

Would you just go by price and get the Vizio at Sam's Club? Or would you go for the biggest and get the Sharp at WalMart? Or would you stay home and order the Samsung from Costco.com? Any opinions on any of these sets? Is there an appreciable difference between Samsung and Vizio, or between the 65" and 70" (for the money)? What would you do?

I believe that FatWallet has the Sharp model number wrong.
There are a few sites that list it as the "LC70LE600U" ... and the WalMart ad says "Special Buy".
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/gadgetbox/black-friday-hdtv-de...

The 60" 600U model has fewer inputs than the 60" 640U model so I would expect the same to be true of the 70" 600U model.
That's why the 600U at WalMart is cheaper than the 640U model at Sears. HHGregg may also be selling the 600U model.

I would avoid Vizio unless you also purchase an extended warranty.
Search the internet and you will find that Vizio does not manufacture parts, they buy parts and build the TVs ...
when the 1yr warranty expires, major parts cannot be obtained for Vizio TVs and they then become boat anchors.

The other big concern to some folks is that Samsung, Sony, and LG have all gone to glossy screens which cause almost as
much glare from windows and lights as do the plasma TVs. Sharp is probably the only brand that still makes matte screens
that make TV watching more enjoyable since you won't be spending your time trying to look thru the glare of the glossy screens.

GACrabill said:   I believe that FatWallet has the Sharp model number wrong.
There are a few sites that list it as the "LC70LE600U" ... and the WalMart ad says "Special Buy".
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/gadgetbox/black-friday-hdtv-de...
Sears and electronics expo definitely list the Sharp as the 640U, but you are right that it is hard to tell with the WalMart and HHGregg ad. That could account for the $200 difference if there are other features missing from the 600U.
The other big concern to some folks is that Samsung, Sony, and LG have all gone to glossy screens which cause almost as
much glare from windows and lights as do the plasma TVs. Sharp is probably the only brand that still makes matte screens
that make TV watching more enjoyable since you won't be spending your time trying to look thru the glare of the glossy screens.
Thank you for pointing this out. I do have two Samsungs already that I like, a 52" and a 42", but they are both the matte screens (which was largely why I bought them at the time). This one is going in a basement, so it will be less of a concern, but good to know!

Anyone aware of any deals on Mitsubishi DLPs?

I'm doing the Sam's Club 60" $688 Vizio. Am out of town so I believe Amazon has the same TV at same price, so will try to snag it there.

Don't care about the warranty/parts. If it has a 1yr warranty, that's good enough for me. Remember that if the thing works out of the box, there's a 99% chance you won't have a problem with it ever. If you're going to have a problem, you'll know within the first few hours of running the thing. I always unbox, then plug it in for 24hrs straight.

Look at what a poster said above... next year you'll be able to pick up a 70" for under $1000. Why would I spend $1500-2000 on a 70 when I can buy the following for ~$1600?

$688 60" Vizio this year
$1000 70" something next year

nbha said:   Look at what a poster said above... next year you'll be able to pick up a 70" for under $1000. Why would I spend $1500-2000 on a 70 when I can buy the following for ~$1600?

$688 60" Vizio this year
I don't understand this logic. Why would I hang a 60" on the wall only to take it down and replace it with a 70" in a year?

I bought a 52" for about $1600 about four years ago. Are you saying I should have waited because I could have gotten that TV for around $500 today?

Are any of these prices including shipping? I tried clicking through some of them and they just say "not currently available". Shipping cost could really impact which of these options is the best deal.

dcwilbur said:   nbha said:   Look at what a poster said above... next year you'll be able to pick up a 70" for under $1000. Why would I spend $1500-2000 on a 70 when I can buy the following for ~$1600?

$688 60" Vizio this year
I don't understand this logic. Why would I hang a 60" on the wall only to take it down and replace it with a 70" in a year?

I bought a 52" for about $1600 about four years ago. Are you saying I should have waited because I could have gotten that TV for around $500 today?

If he buy a TV for one year he won't hang it on the wall, he will keep it on the table.

What he is saying that he will buy the 60" for $688 and year later when 70" is for $1000 he will get that one and move the 60" either in the basement or in the bedroom.
Replacing doesn't really mean he will throw that out and get another one.

byteless said:   dcwilbur said:   nbha said:   Look at what a poster said above... next year you'll be able to pick up a 70" for under $1000. Why would I spend $1500-2000 on a 70 when I can buy the following for ~$1600?

$688 60" Vizio this year

If he buy a TV for one year he won't hang it on the wall, he will keep it on the table.

What he is saying that he will buy the 60" for $688 and year later when 70" is for $1000 he will get that one and move the 60" either in the basement or in the bedroom.
Replacing doesn't really mean he will throw that out and get another one.

Bingo.

That's exactly what I meant. I get my 60" now, and can put a 70" in it's place in a year. The 60" can go in a bedroom.
For the same money, I get TWO tv sets, and only have to deal with having a 60" instead of a 70" in my family room for one year (big deal!)

That way if one breaks, needs repair and is down for a period of time, or anything else, I still have a backup!

Learned this years ago when I was buying a PC with a 40GB hard drive. Wanted to spend the money for an 80GB but figured it would be a year or two before I needed the extra space. Pocketed the difference in cost. When I went to buy an upgraded drive, I got a 400GB drive for the amount of money it would have cost to go from 40->80!

I still don't understand the logic. If I waited a year to buy the 70" at $1,000, then I would just want the 80" for $1,600. This trickle down theory doesn't work if all I want is one big TV and I already have TV's everywhere else I need them.

I want to get the best/biggest I can get, and all these are in my price range. I don't really care if I spend $1,000 or $1,999.

nbha said:   I'm doing the Sam's Club 60" $688 Vizio. Am out of town so I believe Amazon has the same TV at same price, so will try to snag it there.

when will Amazon go live??

GACrabill said:   

+1
any deals on sharp 55 or 50" ? need a matte screen

vickh said:   ... any deals on sharp 55 or 50" ? need a matte screen
I only see one listed in the Black Friday spreadsheet referenced in this thread :
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/black-friday-2012/1231118/

- Sears.com, Sharp 52" Aquos LED Smart HDTV (LC52LE640U), $800

Update :
- HHGregg, Sharp 52" Aquos LED Smart HDTV (LC52LE640U), $800

I am leaning towards the samsung from Costco bc of the brand quality, can order on-line (will be out of town), and the costco return policy. Are the BB and Costco TV the same model?Thanks.

For those who like Plasma - I'm a plasma guy - Amazon has a pretty good deal on Panasonic plasmas. If you want a 50", the panasonic tc-p50u50 is $599.99. Want bigger, check out the 60" panasonic tc-p60u50 for $898. Both great deals for plasma! Further, both tvs are eligible for free shipping too! Of course, those of us in California have to pay sales tax.....

I understand, but haven't verified it yet, that costco has the same deal. Good Luck!

FYI- Best Buy has both the Sharp 70" models available online now at the BF price. LC70LE640U is $1999 and the LC70LE600U is $1799. I just ordered the $1799 model for in-store pickup. The main difference between the two is that the cheaper model is not internet-enabled. Since I use the connectivity options of my connected devices (Apple TV / TiVo), I wouldn't use those features on the tv anyway. Both also have free shipping if you'd prefer delivery.

bigdaddy007 said:   I am leaning towards the samsung from Costco bc of the brand quality, can order on-line (will be out of town), and the costco return policy. Are the BB and Costco TV the same model?Thanks.Probably the same. BB is UN65EH6000F. Costco will probably be the UN65EH6050F. Samsung uses the "50" in the model number to designate the Sams/Costco model, but it is the same TV.

Does anyone know of another retailer that will be selling the Vizio M650VSE 65" for $999.99 on Black Friday other than Sams Club?

It is currently $1300 at Costco.

I am also in the market for the biggest and best TV, but I am looking for 240hz. Anyone know of any deals on that so far?

i think the big difference between the LC70LE640U is $1999 and the LC70LE600U is $1799. is also one is side-lit vs backlit. Any idea if that makes a big difference?

jspatch said:   i think the big difference between the LC70LE640U is $1999 and the LC70LE600U is $1799. is also one is side-lit vs backlit. Any idea if that makes a big difference?

I found this helpfull http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/led-tv.php

jspatch said:   jspatch said:   i think the big difference between the LC70LE640U is $1999 and the LC70LE600U is $1799. is also one is side-lit vs backlit. Any idea if that makes a big difference?

I found this helpfull http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/led-tv.php[/Q

this ---- Samsung 65" Class 1080p LED HDTV - Costco ($1,499.99) got some great reviews!

Just bought the 60" Samsung LED 1080p 240 CMR HDTV (Item #: 604523) at Sams on-line. Price was $1048 before tax. Shipping is free. That's $450 less than the 65inch at Costco which is sold out now and $40 less than best buy for same TV. I have enough with a 60 inch and it is only $250 more than the 55 inch at best buy/Amazon. Any thoughts?

I pulled the trigger at best buy on one of the Samsung 65" after reading all the reviews and fits a little better than the 70. Will be testing soon. At best buy went 1 am after the lines died down. No body people pulling the trigger on the big ones. They did not even have on display. I saw at least 15+ in their warehouse. I know they also have at frys and Costco.

bigdaddy007 said:   Just bought the 60" Samsung LED 1080p 240 CMR HDTV (Item #: 604523) at Sams on-line. Price was $1048 before tax. Shipping is free. That's $450 less than the 65inch at Costco which is sold out now and $40 less than best buy for same TV. I have enough with a 60 inch and it is only $250 more than the 55 inch at best buy/Amazon. Any thoughts?

Waiting for the TV to be shipped but i do not understand why the reviews are so much better for the 65 than the 60 inch on BesBuy. Any idea.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014