• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just came from Sprint store. The store manager confirmed the rumored BF GS3 for $50. Upgrade plans will be eligible...even people with SERO-P plan too. So for SERO customers that will not be able to get Sams's and BB's GS3 promo, head to Sprint store on BF and take advantage of G3 promo

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

very confuse/misleading title, you need change your plan man with SIII phone, not SERO anymore.....BTW, T-Mobile is free now...

pennorchard said:   very confuse/misleading title, you need change your plan man with SIII phone, not SERO anymore.....BTW, T-Mobile is free now...
Care to elaborate on how you get t mobile service for free?

I think OP meant to say with SERO-P upgrade current SERO customers will be able to purchase GS3 at BF promotional rate of $49.99.
Thanks for saving a trip to Sprint store.

pennorchard said:   very confuse/misleading title, you need change your plan man with SIII phone, not SERO anymore.....BTW, T-Mobile is free now...

No intention to mislead anyone. I thought everyone knew that if you have Android smartphone, then your SERO plan has to be upgraded to a premium plan ($50/mo). But just in case if there are people still in the dark about the $50 SERO plan, I have changed to SERO-P on the title. I hope this will make you less confused

BTW, I know T-Mobile is giving away free GS3 phone. But it doesn't work with my SERO plan. I rather pay $50/mo and take advantage of unlimited LTE service I can get with my SERO plan. From what I read in FW forum, to get a free T-Mobile GS3 phone, you have to subscribe a plan that costs more than $50 SERO-P plan. So you may be able to get a free phone from T-Mobile, but after two years you will end up paying more. So I will pay $50 for GS3 and keep my SERO-P.

I guess I'll have to wait and see, I was told by my local Sprint store that new lines of service will qualify for the $49 S3 and those with existing accounts will have to pay $149. They also told me they can't handle Sero plans... That I could try our local corporate store to see of they can do Sero accounts or call Sprint and see if they can get me the discount.

Store has told me same thing in the past that all SERO issues cannot be handled instore.

Hope it is true or we can buy instore and deal with retentions within 14 day return period

LLLosingit said:   I guess I'll have to wait and see, I was told by my local Sprint store that new lines of service will qualify for the $49 S3 and those with existing accounts will have to pay $149. They also told me they can't handle Sero plans... That I could try our local corporate store to see of they can do Sero accounts or call Sprint and see if they can get me the discount.

LLLosingit said:   I guess I'll have to wait and see, I was told by my local Sprint store that new lines of service will qualify for the $49 S3 and those with existing accounts will have to pay $149. They also told me they can't handle Sero plans... That I could try our local corporate store to see of they can do Sero accounts or call Sprint and see if they can get me the discount.

I spoke to a manager at local corporate Sprint store. He assured me that I can upgrade to GS3 on BF for $49.99 plus $36 activation fee. He also told me that if I have $50 SERO-P plan than he will be able to do the upgrade at the store. He did tell me that he cannot change SERO plan to SERO-P at the store. So if you have a regular SERO, then call Sprint employee line (888)603-7981 before you head to a corporate Sprint store. I did not ask if BF price will be honored by calling telesales on BF.

CreveCoeur said:   Store has told me same thing in the past that all SERO issues cannot be handled instore.

Hope it is true or we can buy instore and deal with retentions within 14 day return period

If you call Sprint employee line I listed above, they can confirm that you can do a phone upgrade at Sprint corporate store. About two years ago when I upgraded to HTC EVO 4G, I was told I couldn't upgrade at a store since I have SERO plan. But Sprint must have changed this rule since my last upgrade. I have called Sprint few times this week because I wanted to upgrade to Note 2. But getting $50 GS3 makes more sense than paying for $300 Note 2. Every time I called, different SERO representatives informed me that I can get my upgrade phone either at a corporate store or telesales. I prefer to go to store just in case if new phone needs to be swapped.

I have SERO-P but just got my current phone 1.5 years ago (Moto Photon, it sucks). Am I still eligible for GS3 at the discounted rate on BF?

I'm pretty sure you have to have to be at the end of your 2 year contract to qualify. You can sign on to your account online and shop for a phone...it will tell you if you get the discount or not.
fusQuanto said:   I have SERO-P but just got my current phone 1.5 years ago (Moto Photon, it sucks). Am I still eligible for GS3 at the discounted rate on BF?

fusQuanto said:   I have SERO-P but just got my current phone 1.5 years ago (Moto Photon, it sucks). Am I still eligible for GS3 at the discounted rate on BF?

Call Sprint and ask when you are eligible for an upgrade. Don't quote me on this one, but I think you become eligible once you reach 22nd month of your contract.

If you are not eligible, then Sprint may tell you that you can upgrade early if you pay additional $75 plus whatever current eligible upgrade offer may be. So try this on BF.

Love my Photon. Best phone I've ever had. A $50 GS3 is VERY tempting however.

horsep0wer said:   fusQuanto said:   I have SERO-P but just got my current phone 1.5 years ago (Moto Photon, it sucks). Am I still eligible for GS3 at the discounted rate on BF?
Love my Photon. Best phone I've ever had. A $50 GS3 is VERY tempting however.

Better than paying $199.99 before and after BF for SERO customers. It would have been great if I could take advantage of Sam's BF deal of 96 cents, but $50 for the best Android selling is not bad. I will take it for $50 and continue my SERO plan so that I can use Sprint's LTE service. If I didn't have LTE in my area, I may have considered prepaid option by buying Nexus 4 and use StraightTalk.

so what will the total come out to after ca taxes?

(del)

Does anyone know if I can port my number to SERO-p?

If you already have sero account then going to sero p is just an upgrade so your number stays the same,If you don't have a sero account then you're out of luck because you can't get one anymore.

I upgraded to sero p on friday and ordered the SIII on the Sprint web site. They are out but hope to ship it on time. It looks like Sprint underestimated demand for this great deal.
It was time consuming getting the Sero P upgrade. I tried *2 twice the first time I gave my information and waited on hold till I got disconnected. The second time they gave me another number to call. While I was waiting for them to answer, I found a website that would upgrade me within a week. Eventually they answered and they upgraded me in a short period of time. But my account on Sprint did not change until I tried to buy the SIII and then everything seemed to work. And now I show to be on the premium plan.
Not very straight forward but eventually I got done and I never waited for more than 15 minutes. Some people complained about waiting for hours.

anyone else still waiting for their phone. bought a raincheck & still waiting

ezletzpla said:   anyone else still waiting for their phone. bought a raincheck & still waiting
Have you called the store you got the raincheck from or Sprint? They have been in stock for a long time at my local corporate store. They get shipments on a regular basis.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014