Where to Buy American Flag in Wholesale?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi,
I am considering starting a business selling American flags, do you know which wholesalers are selling quality flags in great price? Is there anything I should look out for?

I did research in google, but I don't know which wholesaler is great based just on their websites.

Thanks.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

China

Just selling does not seem that it would be a great business model. I have a 20' flagpole on my lawn with a 4x6 US flag. I typically replace the flag once or twice a year. I just pick one up at Home Depot or meijer when I notice it is looking faded or tattered. What would make me want to buy from you vs. the local stores or the internet? There are a couple flag businesses in my area, but they specialize in flagpole installation and maintenance, mainly for businesses.

Just google "flag manufacturers usa" and you get several, including this one. http://www.annin.com/

Here it one...
Disclaimer
pietromoon said:   China

Ha...reminded me a cartoon in a newspaper back in Dallas. I couldn't locate that but here's another one

yeah annin is THE main quality flag maker in the USA. I would contact them if you want to sell high quality flag products. If you want to sell crap- for cheap, then call china. Tom9999 is probably correct- just becoming yet another flag seller is gonna be a tough battle- business flag/flagpole installation and maintence is probably where you have better than a 2% margin-unless you can think of some other gimick.

Also, I gotta ask (not to be a jerk), if you don't know where to buy good flags, what business do you have getting into the flag business? Shouldn't you at least have passing knowledge of the flag manufactoring/wholesaling market??

TheDealMaker said:   Hi,
I am considering starting a business selling American flags, do you know which wholesalers are selling quality flags in great price? Is there anything I should look out for?

I did research in google, but I don't know which wholesaler is great based just on their websites.

Thanks.

China or North Korea

wp746911 said:   yeah annin is THE main quality flag maker in the USA. I would contact them if you want to sell high quality flag products. If you want to sell crap- for cheap, then call china. Tom9999 is probably correct- just becoming yet another flag seller is gonna be a tough battle- business flag/flagpole installation and maintence is probably where you have better than a 2% margin-unless you can think of some other gimick.

Also, I gotta ask (not to be a jerk), if you don't know where to buy good flags, what business do you have getting into the flag business? Shouldn't you at least have passing knowledge of the flag manufactoring/wholesaling market??

The service business comes with a lot more need for capital equipment, trained employees, insurance, permitting experts, ... There is a place around the corner from my house. They have a fleet of trucks that are not too different than what the utility company uses to put in new telephone poles. They will also fix that broken pully 75 feet up, or just swap out your flag every few months to keep it looking good. Probably not an easy startup.

I absolutely refuse to buy a US flag that is NOT made in the USA! Just something wrong with US flags,Olympic uniforms and military berets NOT made in USA.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014