walmart/kmart lay away to beat bf rush?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
What are everyone's thoughts to do bf shopping at Kmart/WalMart/other monday or tuesday, putting on lay away, and then on friday day getting the stuff out of lay away and requesting a price match to the bf price?

Will this work? Ive seen a couple things that we want but we're hoping to avoid the bf rush. Just wake up at our leisure friday morning, stroll in, and do my thing from lay away. Even if i have to pay $5 (WalMart), its worth it to not fight the crowds

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's been a long time since I've used layaway...but I think they nixed that loophole many years ago.

Not sure on Kmart - but for WalMart, you can't. All WM BF specials are one time buys. They have pallets for these items that will be pulled out on the day. The items are flagged in the system that can't be sold until the corresponding time (ie 8pm, 10pm, etc) so even if you 'find them', you won't be able to do anything.

Pretty sure the prices are locked in for that day time frame only Whatever you purchase now will be held atthe current price not the bf prices unfortunatly

cajunshopper said:   What are everyone's thoughts to do bf shopping at Kmart/WalMart/other monday or tuesday, putting on lay away, and then on friday day getting the stuff out of lay away and requesting a price match to the bf price?

Will this work? Ive seen a couple things that we want but we're hoping to avoid the bf rush. Just wake up at our leisure friday morning, stroll in, and do my thing from lay away. Even if i have to pay $5 (WalMart), its worth it to not fight the crowds

Many BF items are not in stock until BF.
Even if they have similar now, the BF's will have diff model numbers surely.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014