All in one washer and dryer

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Need to buy washer and dryer. Need some inputs on all in one washer and dryer.

I feel that its better as we don't need to put the cloths in dryer separately. But if anybody has any experience using them.

I see mixed reviews on Amzon. Particularly looking for this model

http://www.amazon.com/LG-FRONT-WASHER-DRYER-COMBO/dp/B0039V7JFG/...

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

Member Summary

Looking for this model (6.53kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Both bad ideas. Don't run the dryer when you're not home!

EradicateSpam (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 9:01a) |

So a 2,000 watt washer/dryer that runs off 110V doesn't use twice the amps of a 2,000 watt washer/dryer that runs off 22... (more)

larrymoencurly (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 10:14a) |

You can get 8 load or 80lb machines. Our laundry has one.

handyguy (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 10:35a) |

Craigslist. Find some newer washers/dryers for a couple hundred.

Have had one and broke constantly and needed pricey repairs. Took to the dump and got a regular washer and dryer. Worst waste of my money ever.

We purchased an LG combo unit and used it for two years without issue. They take a longer to clean/dry than a traditional Washer and Dryer, but you put the clothes in and then in a few hours they're done. ABT may save you a few bucks over Amazon. http://www.abt.com/category/2014/Washer-and-Dryer-Combo-Units.ht...

I see these as TV/VCR or TV/DVD combo units. Remember them. Most of the time one of the components broke down so you were left with a product that only somewhat worked.

It will also take much longer to do laundry as you can't wash one load and dry another at the same time.

Can you set them to just dry? I hate ironing, so I tend to just throw my wrinkled items in the dryer for 10 minutes to smooth them out.

Don't do it clothes take for ever to dry and costs more since most are all elec only. Hit craigslist and get one cheap. Replaced with cheap junk stackable in condo and that works better than this euro crap. Gas dryer stackable is better longterm. New sensor models work fast without shrinking.

dble post

i remember these from when i was a kid, someone has always tried making one of these over the last 40 years, and they have always been crap

Thank you all. It seems separate washer and dryer is better option.

The drying cycle is less efficient and takes much longer than a conventional dryer. These are known as condensation dryers, and there are two types: air-cooled and water-cooled. The air-cooled type will significantly heat up the area around the washer/dryer. The water-cooled type doesn't generate this heat, but does use water during the drying cycle, so your water usage will increase significantly. You can get more info from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_washer_dryer#Condensation-bas...

The primary purpose for this type of washer/dryer combo is space savings and the ability to install them without an outside vent. They are not intended for efficiency, as they are less efficient that conventional dryers.

My wife and I bought one of these (not exact model you specify) in 2005 for our condo because we had limited space and needed something that was ventless. I would STRONGLY suggest you buy an extended warranty for this type of product. As has been mentioned by others, once one component breaks the entire system is pretty much worthless. We used the extended warranty twice over a 4 year period and it more that paid for itself.

Overall, I was happy with this type of product. It worked great for 2 people... though we did have to do a load every day or two because capacity is smaller. Only other caveat I would mention is that clothes come out very wrinkled, so it is best to be there when the drying cycle ends, otherwise ironing is required.

good for motorhome also.

Product Description
"Please Note: The Washer/Dryer Combo takes up to 6 hours to wash and dry your clothing"

uhh... yeah pass.

We have one and actually like it quite a bit. Overall it depends on your situation though. Also, it has never taken 6 hours to do a load, even on the most complex settings. I would say average is 2-3 hours.

The big way that this can be a time saver is that you can put your clothes in in the morning and they come out clean and dry when you get home from work (instead of coming home to clean wet clothes). If someone is usually home to change the laundry, then this doesn't matter, but for example, when both people work or if you were single, this can be a good option. Also, runs on 110 vs 220, so I doubt that it actually uses more electricity.

christhescientist said:   Also, runs on 110 vs 220, so I doubt that it actually uses more electricity.
Voltage does not determine current usage, and the power co bills by amp hours.

Well said. If you have space for 2 machines, get 2 machines.

I had a LG model ventless 120v. It would take 6hrs to wash/dry jeans. My model said 8 lbs of clothes MAX. It was a ventless condensation model. If if had to do it again I would get a vented gas model. You CAN get one from Europe that runs on 230v 50hz and it will run fine on US 220v and will dry MUCH faster.

I've wondered if anyone made combined units. They would be great space savers, but most people can spare room for a second machine. Additionally, like Tom9999 said, you can't pipeline multiple loads, but it's great if you are only doing 1 load, since you don't have to be around to transfer items.

Start laundry before you go to sleep and it's dry when you wake up.

Start laundry in the morning before leaving for work, come back to clean laundry.

macosx said:   I've wondered if anyone made combined units. They would be great space savers, but most people can spare room for a second machine. Additionally, like Tom9999 said, you can't pipeline multiple loads, but it's great if you are only doing 1 load, since you don't have to be around to transfer items.

Start laundry before you go to sleep and it's dry when you wake up.

Start laundry in the morning before leaving for work, come back to clean laundry.

Both bad ideas. Don't run the dryer when you're not home!

wizardking said:   christhescientist said:   Also, runs on 110 vs 220, so I doubt that it actually uses more electricity.
Voltage does not determine current usage, and the power co bills by amp hours.
So a 2,000 watt washer/dryer that runs off 110V doesn't use twice the amps of a 2,000 watt washer/dryer that runs off 220V?

unnamedny said:   Well said. If you have space for 2 machines, get 2 machines.

You can get 8 load or 80lb machines. Our laundry has one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014