• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Has anybody had their hands on any of the Android Tablets marketed for kids? Are they a good deal? They do seem rugged.
Meep
Kurio
Tabeo
Lexibook
VINCI Tab II

I got in on the Groupon for the Refurbished ASUS Transformer with keyboard deal in September. It's worked out well. I bought a gumdrop case and it's has been kid tested.

We have been pleased and are on the fence about getting the kids tablets of their own. The question is:

Do I pay the $149 for a kid one or do I get a better tablet and buy a decent case?
BigLots usually has a weekly deal on a tablet but I haven't been lucky on finding a case to protect it, any suggestions?
Does anyone know if the apps preloaded on any of the kids tablets for free are or any value or available on the Market?
Is the Market available for the tablets above?
7" or 10"?
SO the deal discussion is:

$163.11 tax OTD (no coupons at TRU)

Or

Go another route with tablet and case for $163.11?

Thanks FW!

-sc

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We have a Nabi2 for our 7yo. I like the parental control, but I can still log in and use it as full fledge tablet. Tons of preloaded games and activities. Built Rock Solid. Highly recommend. I did have to add a 32MB MicroSD card to it though.

kids don't need tablets...

I sort of thought the same thing but when you consider the technology and the options that come with a tablet verses a ds or something your better off to get the tablet being that you don't have to buy games for 20-35 bucks each or more you can buy and download games much much cheaper on a tablet...and I prefer a tablet over say a ipod just because of the size and not as hard on their eyes....so if you have kids...there isn't anything wrong with a tablet!

lordoffire said:   kids don't need tablets...

Never stopped us

acbaer said:   We have a Nabi2 for our 7yo. I like the parental control, but I can still log in and use it as full fledge tablet. Tons of preloaded games and activities. Built Rock Solid. Highly recommend. I did have to add a 32MB MicroSD card to it though.

Thanks for the input but does it have Google Play?

Do you think there is enough apps that Google Play won't be needed?
Have you used app zone?
Is all the content pay to play?

TIA!
-sc

http://nabitabletgroup.freeforums.org/newbie-to-nabi-2-need-netf...
NOTE: The Google Play Store app is included in this list, but only allows for Books, Movies and Music to be purchased, downloaded or streamed. The required apks need to be installed in sequence, so please ensure that you follow the step-by-step instructions below on your nabi 2 Tablet and everything should go smoothly. Updates have been placed at the top of this post for easy access, once you've gone through the original process.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014