• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I bought a Nook HD+ 32 gb today at my local Barnes and Noble. $299 plus tax. The saleslady sold me 4 $75 giftcards and swiped them to pay for it, then gave me a $40 gift card to use after Christmas. The Nook HD+ is kinda a bargain at 299 and getting the $40 card is about the only "discount" I know of.
I had this tablet pre-ordered but cancelled when it was delayed, so this ended up being a better deal. They have low inventory in the stores but you can check online if they have one at your store.

Member Summary

Nook HD+ (15.09kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

A Nexus 7 with 32 GB is $249. Throw on Aldiko and you've got yourself a tablet and book reader. The specs for the Nook HD look great, but you don't have access to the Google Play store. Is it really worth it?

EDIT: Also, I don't think the Nook HD has GPS, so you can use it for navigation and no front facing camera, so no video chat.

This is a large 9" tablet with a 1920 x 1280 resolution. The Nexus 7 is not really what I was looking for . If you meant the new Nexus 10, I considered it but it costs $399 and has so far, gotten bad reviews. Also, Nook HD+ has a micro sd card slot . Personally I don't need a camera, already have a Galaxy Note, .

Staples has the 32GB Nook HD+ tomorrow for $269 + tax if applicable after coupon and you can use Rewards and credit card Cash Back to drop that price. Plus you don't have any GCs to cash out later and you get the double warranty benefit most major credit cards now offer..

IMO the cashier was smarter than you. While you did net a $40 B&N GC for future use sometime next year you also paid full retail for your Nook HD+ and by paying with B&N GCs you also guaranteed them a no-refund sale. Plus you forfeited that double warranty benefit that buying with many credit cards offer. IMO that double warranty benefit on the Nook is worth more than $40 in B&N store credit. If you decide to return you Nook HD+ because a much better deal comes along in the next few weeks (highly likely) or your Nook turns out to be defective within their return period you will be stuck with $340 in hard to redeem B&N GCs if B&N doesn't have another Nook HD+ (very likely) to offer you as a replacement.

Oh please......I don't return things cause a better deal comes along. I researched at length before I bought this I won't be regretting buying it This Nook is really, really nice and $40 to buy some stuff for it or a gift is just an added benefit.

dbrons said:   Oh please......I don't return things cause a better deal comes along. I researched at length before I bought this I won't be regretting buying it This Nook is really, really nice and $40 to buy some stuff for it or a gift is just an added benefit.

If you believe paying full retail for something with no refund privlidges and $40 you can't even spend for 7 weeks is a deal you are obviously in the wrong place. You could have just walked into Staples with no effort and got the same deal with no GC to cash out and double the warranty if your credit card provides tha benefit. Plus unlike your B&N one you could return the Nook HD+ to Staples for a refund is something goes wrong or price match it if a better deal pops up. Despite how much you like the Nook HD+ today things do go wrong with new product releases and prices do go lower than retail.

Um, new technology items like this come down in price because they get older and are therefore not worth as much anymore. This is brand new and not available anywhere for less than 299 I don't think. If you want to wait 6 months you might find it cheaper, but I doubt it. The Nook, like the Kindle fire is subsidized, because B&N expects you'll buy a lot of content from them. Me, I plan on running a custom firmware on it.

Pardon me, I thought there might be others here on Fatwallet interested in getting one of these new tablets. Sometimes there is more than just the deal you know, buying, returning, etc. Sure if you want the option of retuning this for cash you have a point, but I don't know if I've ever returned anything for cash in my life so I don't feel I've sacrificed a thing.

PS And I suspect you're mistaken about the pricing at Staples. the 16 gb model goes for $269

dbrons said:   Um, new technology items like this come down in price because they get older and are therefore not worth as much anymore. This is brand new and not available anywhere for less than 299 I don't think. If you want to wait 6 months you might find it cheaper, but I doubt it. The Nook, like the Kindle fire is subsidized, because B&N expects you'll buy a lot of content from them. Me, I plan on running a custom firmware on it.

Pardon me, I thought there might be others here on Fatwallet interested in getting one of these new tablets. Sometimes there is more than just the deal you know, buying, returning, etc. Sure if you want the option of retuning this for cash you have a point, but I don't know if I've ever returned anything for cash in my life so I don't feel I've sacrificed a thing.

PS And I suspect you're mistaken about the pricing at Staples. the 16 gb model goes for $269

$269 is regular retail for the 16GB everywhere. I was referring to using this coupon tomorrow to save another $25 on the $294 32GB model currently at Staples. That is a no hassle deal with no GC to cash out later and real return privlidges.

PS Don't take offense because others don't like paying full retail with no return privlidges when other current better deals for the 32GB Nook HD+ are obviously available that include full return privlidges, and double the manufacturer warranty if your credit card has that option.

Well that coupon is a good deal too should they have stock of the 32gb hd+. Knowing Staples, I wouldn't count on it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014