Wii U deluxe, in stock, Target Colma

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Title said it all, $349.99, use your target card for 5% off. Just got 2, good luck to all.

Member Summary

wii u
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Uh ok? Are these supposed to be in short supply somewhere? I've seem them several times readily available at different Best Buy , Costco and Wal-Marts since Sunday.

cnIsfg said:   Uh ok? Are these supposed to be in short supply somewhere? I've seem them several times readily available at different Best Buy , Costco and Wal-Marts since Sunday.

It's sold out in all the retail store in this area. Sold out online at Amazon, WalMart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, Sears, Toys R Us, Newegg and Kmart. Amazon's third party is selling it at $475.

Just passing on the information, if you don't like it, move on.

cnIsfg said:   Uh ok? Are these supposed to be in short supply somewhere? I've seem them several times readily available at different Best Buy , Costco and Wal-Marts since Sunday.

What area are out in? In central nj they are nowhere to be found

rsuaver said:   cnIsfg said:   Uh ok? Are these supposed to be in short supply somewhere? I've seem them several times readily available at different Best Buy , Costco and Wal-Marts since Sunday.

What area are out in? In central nj they are nowhere to be found

Phoenix Az. Plus I travel throughout the US in our salvage business visiting Costco, Wal-Mart and Best Buys. I am in Miami International this am waiting on my return flight to AZ. All the Best Buys here in Miami had 50+ at each store I vistied as of last night. I did not see any sort of mad rush for them.

TWAM said:   cnIsfg said:   Uh ok? Are these supposed to be in short supply somewhere? I've seem them several times readily available at different Best Buy , Costco and Wal-Marts since Sunday.

It's sold out in all the retail store in this area. Sold out online at Amazon, WalMart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, Sears, Toys R Us, Newegg and Kmart. Amazon's third party is selling it at $475.

Just passing on the information, if you don't like it, move on.

Hmmm it seems to be available at online at both and toysrus GameStop when I checked For example .

U must be looking at the old system. Game stop has had them back ordered since they first got the pre orders. I lucked out tonight at targets black friday. I waited in line to buy a camera and they had thw deluxe in stock..on black friday! I was no where near the beginning of the line either. When it was my turn i said..stupid question but.......... my son will be soooooooooo happy.

U must be looking at the old system. Game stop has had them back ordered since they first got the pre orders. I lucked out tonight at targets black friday. I waited in line to buy a camera and they had thw deluxe in stock..on black friday! I was no where near the beginning of the line either. When it was my turn i said..stupid question but.......... my son will be soooooooooo happy.

danielsduo said:   U must be looking at the old system. Game stop has had them back ordered since they first got the pre orders. I lucked out tonight at targets black friday. I waited in line to buy a camera and they had thw deluxe in stock..on black friday! I was no where near the beginning of the line either. When it was my turn i said..stupid question but.......... my son will be soooooooooo happy.

Sorry but you like the OP are clueless. Several Wii U systems and system bundles were in stock at GameStop.com most of the day on 11/21. It was not until this FW Thread and a much larger one posted earlier over at SD that they eventually sold out. It was live over at SD for several hours before being posted here. Even after being posted here they were available for 2 hours. Bottom line thre are PLENTY of Wii U systems available online if you are willing to do a little work. Locally invetory will certainly vary day to day but at least in my area there are plently of stores that have Wii U systems available even today.
Even your own experience you posted above proves that they are readily available locally. Poeple just assume they are sold out mostly do to fake shortage hyseria hype WII U resellers are trying to create so they can make a profit on a system where no shortage obviously exists.

Plus games, you only get a basic game with it.

cnIsfg said:   danielsduo said:   U must be looking at the old system. Game stop has had them back ordered since they first got the pre orders. I lucked out tonight at targets black friday. I waited in line to buy a camera and they had thw deluxe in stock..on black friday! I was no where near the beginning of the line either. When it was my turn i said..stupid question but.......... my son will be soooooooooo happy.

Sorry but you like the OP are clueless. Several Wii U systems and system bundles were in stock at GameStop.com most of the day on 11/21. It was not until this FW Thread and a much larger one posted earlier over at SD that they eventually sold out. It was live over at SD for several hours before being posted here. Even after being posted here they were available for 2 hours. Bottom line thre are PLENTY of Wii U systems available online if you are willing to do a little work. Locally invetory will certainly vary day to day but at least in my area there are plently of stores that have Wii U systems available even today.
Even your own experience you posted above proves that they are readily available locally. Poeple just assume they are sold out mostly do to fake shortage hyseria hype WII U resellers are trying to create so they can make a profit on a system where no shortage obviously exists.

Fact of the matter is that the deluxe edition of this system is SOLD out everywhere online and in all store in the area I am in, which is why I, as you put it, "clueless"ly posted what I posted to help others in my area out. Isnt that the point of fatwallet? Helping other find deals? While this is another discussion for another time, to some, having access to information on how to obtain a sold out item for retail (in this case, less than retail if you have the Target Card), and not have to pay reseller prices, is a good deal. Not having to buy the unit with bundled games, is a good deal.

This somehow turned into a debate on availability and demand. Was it sold out as quickly as the first Wii and is the demand as great as it was when the first one came out? Probably not. Does it mean that there is a readily available supply where anyone can just walk into the store and get it? Nope. Check any online checker, all Deluxe units are sold out in Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Kmart, Sam's Club, Sears, Shopko, Target, WalMart and Toys R Us as I am typing this. Does that mean that between now and Christmas, there won't be any additional stock that will replenish the supply chain and make this item available? No. Would you then take that opportunity to say, "Look, it's available here and there".

Just FYI, the Deluxe edition is no longer in stock in any of targets within 100 miles of where I am. They must ALL be sitting around where cnIsfg is located at.

Reseller may hype all they want, unless someone with VERY deep pockets go around buying all the units and actually control the supply, they can only hype it so much. The fact that eBay and craigslist resellers are able to sell this for a premium means there is a supply shortage.

Either way, as I said before, you don't like it, move on. Just because you don't like the deal or you think there isn't a supply shortage doesn't make it so.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014