I have a old AT&T Laptop Connect Data plan "CYCL Laptop Connect 20 - Data 40MB". It gives me 40MB for $19.99/month. I can flip the SIM from my laptop into any device, such as, Tablet/iPad etc., and all works well. I don't have that much need of using laptop over cellular network. So, I am thinking to switch to the Tablet/iPad plan: $14.99 for 250MB/month. Of course this is great, $5 cheaper to get more than 600% increament of data. But, my question is, if I switch to the Tablet/iPad plan, then can I flip the SIM into my laptop? Or, AT&T will be able to catch me and deactivate my account? The reason I ask is the following:
1. According to AT&T's current plans, Laptop/Modems (called Internet Devices) starts with $50/month for 5GB. No cheaper plan for 250MB data. See below:
2. I noticed that Laptop/Modems use isp.cingular access point. Tablets use the wap.cingular access point (the same acces point used by phones). So, it is easy to detect if I flip the SIM from Tablet to Laptop with Tablet plan.
Any thought? Anyone used Tablet/iPad SIM in Laptop?
I took the sim out of the ipad regularly and put it in an iphone to use it to surf the internet regularly when i had a blackberry for work that was slow as hell. It let me switch back and forth with no problems.
I had to install an app and change a network setting for it to work but it did.
posted: Nov. 25, 2012 @ 12:07a
40MB? Um, that is not enough to do anything save maybe checking your email and a basic web page or two. $20 for that is just painful to read. At 40mb they will not care what you use to get the data. 40GB on the other hand, they might start to care.
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.