• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a old AT&T Laptop Connect Data plan "CYCL Laptop Connect 20 - Data 40MB". It gives me 40MB for $19.99/month. I can flip the SIM from my laptop into any device, such as, Tablet/iPad etc., and all works well. I don't have that much need of using laptop over cellular network. So, I am thinking to switch to the Tablet/iPad plan: $14.99 for 250MB/month. Of course this is great, $5 cheaper to get more than 600% increament of data. But, my question is, if I switch to the Tablet/iPad plan, then can I flip the SIM into my laptop? Or, AT&T will be able to catch me and deactivate my account? The reason I ask is the following:

1. According to AT&T's current plans, Laptop/Modems (called Internet Devices) starts with $50/month for 5GB. No cheaper plan for 250MB data. See below:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#...

2. I noticed that Laptop/Modems use isp.cingular access point. Tablets use the wap.cingular access point (the same acces point used by phones). So, it is easy to detect if I flip the SIM from Tablet to Laptop with Tablet plan.

Any thought? Anyone used Tablet/iPad SIM in Laptop?

Many Thanks,
Tintin

Member Summary

I took the sim out of the ipad regularly and put it in an iphone to use it to surf the internet regularly when i had a blackberry for work that was slow as hell. It let me switch back and forth with no problems.

I had to install an app and change a network setting for it to work but it did.

40MB? Um, that is not enough to do anything save maybe checking your email and a basic web page or two.
$20 for that is just painful to read.
At 40mb they will not care what you use to get the data.
40GB on the other hand, they might start to care.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014