Gift Chain 2012?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I loved the AMEX Gift Chain last year. Came out hundreds ahead after maxing out offers on two cards.

They did that promo in addition to Small Biz Saturday (today!) . . . anybody hear anything on a second AMEX holiday promo in the coming month?

Member Summary

I'm hoping. I don't think I nearly abused it as much as I should have last year.

mattun said:   I'm hoping. I don't think I nearly abused it as much as I should have last year.

It was fun, kind of like gambling, only you were assured of at least breaking even if you shop those stores anyways.

The fact that your $25 purchase could be a gift card made it hot . . . a $100+ item at any given store could be split into 4 purchases . . . worked well for video games at Toys R Us and few things at REI. I even did OK with some mail-in postcard entries.

I'm hoping, too. I tried some stores I don't normally shop, now I'm on their catalog lists and actually think of them when I need something. And I gave a lot of gift card gifts that let friends and family try new stores, too. So I think it was a win for those merchants, too.

I sure hope so. The mail-in entries made it a bonanza.

couldn't find info on the "Gift Chain". Whatcha talkin bout?

lorymills1 said:   couldn't find info on the "Gift Chain". Whatcha talkin bout?Link.

^^ snarky

Well, based on the date of that thread (11/27/11) . . . there's still a chance it will happen this year.

Fingers and toes crossed!

Usorry said:   ^^ snarkyNah. Efficient, effective, no spoon required.

I was just wondering the same thing. Hopefully AMEX will have at least some sort fo holiday promo in the coming weeks.

November 27th was a Sunday last year. Maybe December 2nd if they do it again?

mattun said:   November 27th was a Sunday last year. Maybe December 2nd if they do it again?
Here's hoping! I actually took advantage of the Shoprunner service a couple times, though I had no use for the extras I got so I gave them away to co-workers that were also online shopaholics.

My favorite promo of last year. Cost me a bunch, 30 transactions and no big winners, but the fact that purchasing gift cards worked made it less painful fiancially and alot of fun! (I was too impatient to do the mail-in lol)

I'd like to see it back this year. I scored $25 gift cards x 4 + Shoprunner service.

Anyone heard anything from AMEX. I need this to come back for 2012!!

Looking really grim now.

this was so fun last year!

I have been binging (googling) it every day. So sad that it has not shown up.

I was definitely addicted, but was well rewarded! Hope they do it again next year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014