• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
I have a iPhone 4 from att and my boyfriend gave me a sim from his account to use and he kept threatening to report my phone lost or stolen so it would be useless. Att told me he couldn't do that. Well I got a Straight Talk SIM card and after one call my phone no longer works he reported it lost or stolen. Really my question is can I still use the new SIM card after I get my phone unblocked??

imjvjs said:   my boyfriend ... kept threatening to report my phone lost or stolen so it would be useless.
††Sounds like a sweet guy.† I would ditch his SIM, then him, and put your phone on something else.† Straight-Talk is an excellent choice, see related threads in Hot Deals and Deal Discussion how to set it up if you have questions.† SIMs are $6.99.†

I was still on his account so I called att and got my phone reported fond and removed from his account. But when I requested to have it unlocked I got email his account is not in good standing. I called Straight Talk today they said my sim is fine. And we are broke up : )

I just got my SIM card today & was thinking I could insert it into my out of contract, reset AT&T iphone 4...set stuff up on it, & then activate my service tomorrow. So I got to the point where I have already inserted the SIM card & unsuccessfully tried to link it to itunes & got a "the iphone software update could not be contacted". I started looking for a solution online & found this site. Did I really already ruin my SIM card or can it be saved at this point?

I have an iphone 3 which I used with att but is no longer activated. what do I need to do to connect it with straight-talk?

how do you back your phone up to your itune account to begin with † shouldnt that be done before anything else??

I recently switched from T-Mobile 30/mon plan that was absolutely terrible (2G) coverage in my area to Straight Talk last week. The coverage and data is leaps and bounds better. On my Nexus 4, I ended up having to contact Straight Talk since they didn't activate my data plan correctly. I found this may be a problem and contacted ST online support (webchat). After they verified my APN settings were correct, they "made changes on their end," I restarted my phone, and it magically started working. After reading numerous posts when I was messing around with APN settings, it seems you *may* be able to access AT&T LTE by adding another APN in addition to the Tracfone/default one. If you're looking for more information about trying to get LTE to work, xda-developers has a massive amount of threads you can sift through. In select markets, you ***may*** be able to get LTE on the Nexus 4, but you first have to follow steps to get LTE working on the Nexus 4. In addition, you have to be in one of the few markets (maybe 5 cities) where AT&T offers Band 4 LTE. There's a list of some here

Nevermind

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014