• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello community,

Most of us have spent the last few days trying to find the best deals to maximize our money, and many of us are planning to donate monies to charities this season. Why not combine the two?

In the quick summary, I've listed several organizations that are currently offering to match donations. I'm hoping that the FW community will join in and add other matching programs.

If you post a matching program, please include the organization name, campaign name & recipient, minimum donation amount, link, expiration date, and any special instructions. Also, please update the quick summary with your information, under the appropriate category.

I know that there are a lot of generous people on FW, so I hope that this information proves useful. Also, check with your employer, as many offer their own matching programs. Be sure to keep your donation receipts for tax filing. Happy holidays.

Member Summary
Please include the organization name, campaign name &/or recipient, minimum donation amount, link, expiration date, and any special instructions. Please add any additional categories as needed.

CHILDREN

Go Daddy, Make-A-Wish Arizona: Season of Wishes, donations matched up to $50,000, Exp. December 31. Frequent-flier miles or hotel reward points can be donated anytime (see link for details) and, once donated, never expire.

Groupon Grassroots - Anonymous Donor, DonorsChoose.org - On Location, Funding Projects for Schoolchildren, $10 donors receive a $20 credit to donate supplies for a schoolteacher’s project of their choice on DonorsChoose.org, up to $150,000, Exp. 12-26-2012

Living Social/Toy"R"Us/Others, Marine Toys for Tots, $5 buys a $10 donation up to $1 million, Exp. 12-25-2012

Macy's and Ralph Lauren, Make-A-Wish, "Believe Wishing Well" donations at select B&M locations matched up to $25,000, Exp. 12-24-2012.

ENVIRONMENT

Multiple Donors, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Make a Gift: Holiday Match Offer, $2-for-$1 match with $10 minimum, for a limited time

Anonymous Donor, Environmental Working Group (EWG), 2012 Holiday Gift Box, donations of any amount are matched – including $150 donations for which you receive a free ‘green’ gift box valued at $50 (you can opt out of receiving the box for the cause)

FOOD, HOMELESS, & POVERTY

*Bank of America, Feeding America, Give a Meal. Triple the difference: every $1 donation tripled ($1 = $3) up to $10,000 per donor on an aggregate basis and $1,500,000 total, Exp. 01-07-2013

Corporate Community Match Partners, United Way of the Greater Twin Cities, Match Your Gift, match amount varies by sponsor up to $1.5 million in addition to a $200,000 match until 12-31-2012 from U.S. Bank

DC Entertainment and Warner Bros, B]Non-profit Partners, the Justice League's We Can Be Heroes, 100% donation match to address hunger in the Horn of Africa up to $1,000,000, Exp. 01-01-2013

Natural Grocers B&M, The Food Depot, all cash donations made at your local Natural Grocers matched up to $40,000, Exp. 12-31-2012

*Double donation match

PETS AND ANIMALS

Anonymous donor, Best Friends Animal Society, Holiday Matching Challenge, any donation amount matched up to $2 million to help homeless pets, Exp. 12-31-2012

TROPICAL STORM SANDY

Macy's, American Red Cross, Share the Magic of Giving Back, $1 minimum, choose quantity ($500,000 in matching funds), Exp. 11-30-2012, online or in store

Hilton HHonors & GlobalGiving - From now until December 31, 2012 we will give you 10 HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 USD donated to support the relief efforts.* In addition, we are matching all donations up to $100,000 USD. Linky

MORE TIME THAN MONEY OR JUST WANT TO GIVE A LITTLE EXTRA?

Macy's, Make-A-Wish, Letter to Santa, Macy's will also donate $1 for each letter to Santa placed in Santa Letterboxes at every Macy's store, up to $1 million (letters are then delivered to the post-office).

EXPIRED

Note: we overindulged on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. Today, November 27, 2012, is the first annual #GivingTuesday: "add a day of charity and doing good to the lineup of national shopping days." Microsoft is celebrating #GivingTuesday by matching donations to the Give for Youth micro-project today only, until midnight EST. The Case Foundation and SixDegrees.org will also match donation made today, up to $35,000. For every online game played (Pass the Grade), Ecolab will donate $1 to the Greater Twin Cities United Way's to education a child living in poverty.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

update the subject line to Double / Triple...

Bank of America, Give a Meal. Triple the Difference for Feeding America, every $1 donation tripled ($1 = $3) up to $10,000 per donor on an aggregate basis, Exp. 01-07-2012

Thanks for posting... just a $10 donation helps to give 240 meals...

Thanks for the update. I definitely need F.A. to help me with my household grocery shopping.

I found a few that I'll be adding shortly, and I'm still looking for other reputable matching programs to add to the list (and I slipped in a few $1 donations for completing various tasks).

Well this is very nice idea, I agree with you whatever you said.

For anyone interested in updates, I just added Groupon Grassroots under CHILDREN and added Environmental Workgroup under ENVIRONMENT earlier today.

I had added this thread earlier for Sandy / Hhonors - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1231255/

tajar96 said:   I had added this thread earlier for Sandy / Hhonors - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1231255/

Thanks for contriuting!

Just added a new category (Pets and Animals) with a matching program for Best Friends Animal Society

Bump. Only 4 days left to make tax-exempt donations in 2012.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014