• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Newegg seems to have a loose definition of "two day shipping."

I ordered a product from them using Shoprunner two-day shipping (free two business day shipping not counting order processing time).
Apparently, because I live 30 or so miles from Newegg's depot, they automatically downgrade shipping to UPS ground on the assumption it will get there in two days or less. Now, that might be true most of the year, but it's not true during the busy holiday season, and the order took 3 business days to get to me.

Why am I quibbling over 1 day? Principle of it: I subscribe to Shoprunner as a premium service and expect the shipments fulfill the terms of the agreement with Shoprunner. It's disappointing that Newegg is cutting corners this way.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
They want your money (and not repeat business). If they told you they could not deliver your stuff for a while, you woul... (more)

sackoloot (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 1:16p) |

Thousands in New York & New Jersey homeless and you are reading about someone bitching about 2 day shipping. And replyin... (more)

cabby (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 1:21p) |

I always miss the boat on the new Fads. I'm noticing something after seeing these two posts:

• "How to pay the absolut... (more)

StartByServingOthers (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 2:33p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

glad to hear you have principles.

OP Are you sure you verified you had actually signed in to your Shoprunner account when you placed your Newegg order or did you just assume you were signed in because the item(s) in your cart showed the Shoprunner eligble logo in your cart? Look in your order history and if your order does not show Shoprunner as the shipping method then you messed up and not Newegg. There is NO reason Newegg would downgrade your S&H to standard ground as Shoprunner will not reinburse Newegg for Shoprunner customer orders shipped via standard UPS Ground or UPS Express Saver. Newegg actualy saves money when customers use Shoprunner on an item Newegg is already offering free ground shipping.

larryc said:   

Why am I quibbling over 1 day? Principle of it: I subscribe to Shoprunner as a premium service and expect the shipments fulfill the terms of the agreement with Shoprunner. It's disappointing that Newegg is cutting corners this way.

Guess...if you want to play the blame game...you need to look at some of the posts here and "other" deal sites. Many times free membership codes to Shoprunner are posted (and obviously intended for a select group).

Since Shoprunner's CEO's heart are not just filled with puppies and kittens...when they see their bottom line suffer...they make adjustments accordingly.

So? Deal with it. Amazon does the same thing.

Raise hell and be relentless with Newegg and receive some kind of compensation?

http://www.shoprunner.com/about/answers.php#faq_12
guidelines of when to expect, though more when "not to expect", 2-day shipping.

UAIron said:   Raise hell and be relentless with Newegg and receive some kind of compensation?

Sad people like this are exist expecting/begging for handouts.

If we were talking about an extended delay....that would be one thing. Taking 3 days during the holidays on "2-day shipping"..isn't.

cnIsfg said:   OP Are you sure you verified you had actually signed in to your Shoprunner account when you placed your Newegg order or did you just assume you were signed in because the item(s) in your cart showed the Shoprunner eligble logo in your cart? Look in your order history and if your order does not show Shoprunner as the shipping method then you messed up and not Newegg. There is NO reason Newegg would downgrade your S&H to standard ground as Shoprunner will not reinburse Newegg for Shoprunner customer orders shipped via standard UPS Ground or UPS Express Saver. Newegg actualy saves money when customers use Shoprunner on an item Newegg is already offering free ground shipping.From the Shoprunner policies page: (bolding mine)
■ Two-Day shipping is a term we use to determine your estimated delivery date (this term does not reflect product availability or order processing time);.
We may ship the products by ground or air at our discretion (these terms do not correspond to any carrier-branded shipping services);.
■ Our carriers usually do not pick-up or deliver packages on weekends or holidays.
We do not guarantee delivery of products within the estimated transit time or by the estimated delivery date.
I'm in Indiana, and most of my Newegg stuff comes from Memphis. They all ship via ground even though I am signed into Shoprunner, including one received yesterday. Most get here in two business days, but yesterday's arrival took three. And yes, I know I was signed in because SR sent me an email telling me it had been delivered. The only time I've gotten them by air is when it comes from CA.

I'll use them as long as they're free, but can't see paying for the service given how much I would get free ground shipping on anyways.

Newegg is getting bad, ordered an item with Shoprunner on Friday, it just got invoiced yesterday
and still not shipped, even though the tracking number provided

It's Shoprunner, not Newegg, that's the problem. This summer I ordered an item from Newegg with Shoprunner on one day and then a 2 day free shipping item (not Shoprunner) the next day. The Newegg shipped item was at my door in two days but the Shoprunner item (ordered a day earlier than the Newegg item) still wasn't here.

All the arguments here on on the right track, but I just wanted to point out that Newegg is still great, while your premium service may not be. So two day shipping is not two day shipping when it's Shoprunner. Newegg 2 day shipping for me has been 2 day.

Yeah, I think Shoprunner may have "non-priority" status. I saw a package sit at the FedEx depot the 2nd day because "Package not due for delivery"

miserly said:   glad to hear you have principles.

I also have a feeling that laryc is on the free trial of Shoprunner. He should demand his $0 back 'cause nothing is more disheartening then vendors cutting corners on a free service.

I see the same thing. I will contact Newegg soon.

You live 30 miles away from the Newegg depot, and you expected it not to come ground. Would they really fly it to your door? I know a little absurd, but 2 day shipping is not guaranteed for two days through Shoprunner. Heck, even through 2day air on UPS the guarantee isnt worth much, mostly not worth your time to fight for a reimbursement. They will choose whatever is the cheapest method that should get there in 2 days. Even during holiday times I have seen packages arrive just fine on time no matter the service. Case in point, I had a package shipped UPS ground from Newegg (free shipping item) and it arrived the next day during X-mas season (I am about the same distance as you from their depot in LA). Most likely it was an outlier type of event, like the truck broke down, which delayed it. Hell Ive had a package of mine get lost on a shipment before (with Amazon prime), theres not much the shippers can do about getting it sooner when stuff happens. This kinda reminds me of a story I read about some guy being pissed at FedEx for being late, during Hurricane Katrina, the dude expected the drivers to be working even in the weather like that.

Besides, as a FW member there have been plenty of opportunities for free 1 or 2 yr Shoprunner trials. So you shouldn't be paying anything for this service anyway

respdoc said:   UAIron said:   Raise hell and be relentless with Newegg and receive some kind of compensation?

Sad people like this are exist expecting/begging for handouts.

If we were talking about an extended delay....that would be one thing. Taking 3 days during the holidays on "2-day shipping"..isn't.

50% longer than stated for a service you explicitly pay for - that's not "ok" with me. Pushovers like yourself basically allow companies to get away with this kind of behavior.

When I said compensation I meant it in the form of shipping compensation, not like government handouts or anything; which is what your generalized statement seemed to imply.

And the OP should complain to Newegg. Who has more influence with Shoprunner, a single disgruntled customer or Newegg saying "look, we've received a number of complaints with your service, care to explain yourself?"

cnIsfg said: OP Are you sure you verified you had actually signed in to your Shoprunner account when you placed your Newegg order or did you just assume you were signed in because the item(s) in your cart showed the Shoprunner eligble logo in your cart?
Yes, it was definitely sent Shoprunner.

alamo11 said: So? Deal with it. Amazon does the same thing.
Not true... if you subscribe to Prime and choose two day shipping, your items are indeed shipped two day no matter what.

comprx said: From the Shoprunner policies page:
We do not guarantee delivery of products within the estimated transit time or by the estimated delivery date.

Now that is an interesting find! I did not realize that Shoprunner two day shipping was not really two day shipping. (Perhaps I should rename the thread title.) It seems my beef should be with Shoprunner, not Newegg.
It's this weaselly legalize that is the explanation for why Newegg can ship "Shoprunner two day" packages as ground.

My expectations were that two-day means "shipped via two day service" from whatever carrier is used (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) Evidently, that expectation was wrong.
These expectations were based on the assumption that Shoprunner, a premium service just like Amazon prime, would guarantee two day shipping. Those expectations were reinforced by this Newegg page http://help.newegg.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/299/~/shoprunner-... :
"2-Day" Shipping means that a package will arrive at the shipping address within 2 business days from the time it leaves the warehouse. There is some variation in how quickly orders are processed and shipped, but Shoprunner, Newegg and participating stores are committed to doing our very best to ensure that your items are delivered within 2 business days from the time your order is placed.

Certain factors can result in longer delivery times. You can also refer to the following table as a general guideline for estimating when your package will be delivered, based on when you placed the order:

If ordered by Noon EST on: Estimated delivery day:
Sunday Wednesday
Monday Wednesday
Tuesday Thursday
Wednesday Friday
Thursday Monday
Friday Tuesday
Saturday Wednesday

So really, that page contradicts Shoprunner's own policies.

UAIron said: 50% longer than stated for a service you explicitly pay for - that's not "ok" with me.
Exactly! Clearly, Shoprunner has nothing on Amazon Prime.

I got a free Shoprunner membership last year and when it was used at Newegg the two day shipping took longer than regular Newegg shipping. Overall Shoprunner served no purpose for me and I just didn't renew the membership.

larryc said:   cnIsfg said: OP Are you sure you verified you had actually signed in to your Shoprunner account when you placed your Newegg order or did you just assume you were signed in because the item(s) in your cart showed the Shoprunner eligble logo in your cart?
Yes, it was definitely sent Shoprunner.

alamo11 said: So? Deal with it. Amazon does the same thing.
Not true... if you subscribe to Prime and choose two day shipping, your items are indeed shipped two day no matter what.

No, you are the one that is incorrect. I get a ton of stuff from Amazon Prime and they ship with various methods on "two day" items.

I noticed on an order today that even though I logged into Shoprunner 3 times, it did not have me logged in. For some reason I had to log into my Newegg account first, then log into Shoprunner and it worked. I also live about 30 miles from their warehouse so doesn't matter much but thought it was odd.

You may quote the guarantees for FedEx and ups and the like(Shoprunner prime), but all have weasily ways to get out of paying you your money-back guarantee. FedEx, I know for a fact has this huge clause about it. The also say that deliveries the day before thanksgiving, and up to a week before X-mas have some loopholes for this guarantee. Also from their Liabilties no assumed section (which are also outs):

Perils of the air, public enemies, criminal acts of any person(s) or entities, including, but not limited to, acts of terrorism, public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, authority of law, local disputes, civil commotion, hazards incident to a state of war, local or national weather conditions, national or local disruptions in air or ground transportation networks (as determined solely by us), strikes or anticipated strikes (of any entity, including, but not limited to, other carriers, vendors or suppliers), labor disruptions or shortages caused by pandemic conditions or other public health event or circumstances, natural disasters (earthquakes, floods and hurricanes are examples of natural disasters), conditions that present a danger to our personnel, and disruption or failure of communication and information systems (including, but not limited to, our systems).

Most of that stuff is perferctly understandable... if the law shuts them down, or there is a terrorist fine. But they give themselves an easy out (which I have tried to fight to get my money-back guaruntee and lost) with turbulence and local or national weather conditions. I was denied on local weather conditions, they didn't even tell me what weather or where in the journey they encountered such weather, just denied. I was just personal shipping clothes for a move. But because they didnt arrive for a couple days after they were supposed to (I paid for 1-day) I lost out on purchasing new clothes for the couple days (I didnt find it appropriate to go to work in the same clothes 3 days in a row) and the extra expense of shipping it fast. Decided not to ship with FedEx anymore

Then on UPS I had a package "delivered" to me at a the wrong house down the street, not only did I have to be on the phone to find where it was, driver came back the next day and "realized his mistake," but since their records "said" it was delivered on time, even though it wasn't to me, I could not get anything back on my guarantee. And they had evidence that the driver messed up!! Yet they still argued they delivered it on time.

I decided after that only to ship stuff that doesn't matter when it gets to me, as long as it gets to me, use USPS as much as possible, and if I need something quickly where one day late matters buy it locally even if it costs more because shippers suck! (I have more back shipper stories, but not related to ship time)

End rant.

I ordered something on 20th, and it was delivered on 27th, so definite not 2 day from Newegg. though it may be actual 2 day delivery but Newegg takes extra long to process and actually get it shipped.

Just agreeing with turls88, Amazon prime items usually arrive in two days as promised but I have had a few arrive later. It is the exception though and not the rule.

I hate when they transfer to DHL, DHL ships to the nearest Post Office, then the Post Office delivers. Talk about a fiasco and a looooong ship time. Ridiculous, just put it in the mail !!!! What are they saving 50 cents ???

well I ordered a small cooking item from a random internet retailer that took Shoprunner. Well they took 3-4 days (business days) to fulfill my order, and then sent it 2 day delivery...

I've had the free Shoprunner account since last year and it's been fantastic. Everything ordered from Newegg (or wherever) has arrived in 2 days for free and that includes a keyboard and mouse ordered over this past weekend that arrived today. Not to mention free delivery on my Domino's pizza, lol.

However, my favorite part of Shoprunner is free return shipping. I had to return a couple items recently and if not for Shoprunner it would have been at my cost.

My free account is set to expire at the end of the year and they offered me another year for $29 which I was tempted until I came across another Shoprunner freebie a week or so ago for 6 months here at FW. Man I love you guys.

robstrash said:   I noticed on an order today that even though I logged into Shoprunner 3 times, it did not have me logged in. For some reason I had to log into my Newegg account first, then log into Shoprunner and it worked. I also live about 30 miles from their warehouse so doesn't matter much but thought it was odd.

That has been my experience with many Newegg orders using Shoprunner as well. That is why I asked the OP if the OP actually verified the item was actually shipped via Shoprunner in the op's order history and not Newegg's free 3 day offered on many of their items. Newegg has a nasty habit of clearing Shoprunner cookies when you log into your Newegg account if you are already logged into Shoprunner. This is especially true if you go through a CashBack site like ebates or FW CashBack. Sometimes you have to log in 3-4 times before Shoprunner will stay as the slected shipping method on the final order confirmation screen.

Same thing. I ordered from Newegg on Wednesday, I should get it on Friday using Shoprunner. But I got it on Tuesday instead...six days. I knew it shipped via Shoprunner because Shoprunner sent me a confirmation email.

I subscribe to Amazon Prime. The problem is that it takes days for the item to even start shipping ("Shipping Soon") even when the item is in stock...Which kinda makes you wonder about the whole point of 2-day shipping.

I wanted to whine about my Newegg order from last Friday to which I used Shoprunner.
In the past Newegg always shipped the next day if not the same day of ordering. But this time, they did not ship it till Tuesday even though they generated the shipping label on Friday.
I was hoping to receive my order by Tuesday because of 2 day service.

It looks like Newegg indeed shipped UPS 2nd day air, just 4 days after I ordered (something that was in stock when I ordered).
UPS tracking said it was estimated to be deilvered Wednesday, but it is still on its way.. now UPS is also not keeping it up!

All this used to work so well is the past... may be its the world coming to an end in December 2012!!

Forgiveness is great, so lets forgive everybody. Forgiveness all around. Like when I'm 1 day late on my Visa payment, or 1 minute late at a parking meter, or if I decide to pay $1 less for my pizza. Exactly! When we screw up, they drop the hammer on us. What's wrong with making them play by the same rules? The rules THEY set up. The rules that we are told build character, and make us a better society.

miserly said:   glad to hear you have principles.

hahaahhaahah, i like the way you put,well don, bro!

Anyone want to bet that he got his Shoprunner account for free like most of us did?

I stopped reading after the first 5 replies.

I've had Shoprunner free membership for about a year now.

Last week I placed an order and it shipped ground, not 2-day.
Thought was my error. No biggie I'm in NYC and it will either take 1 or 2 days anyhow.
But it wound up taking 3.

Placed another order on Monday same thing.
I check invoice and yes I did select Shop Runner both times. (It will be stated on the invoice.)

Subtotal $17.99
Tax $0.00
Shoprunner 2Day $0.00
Order Total $17.99

Good interaction... On the worst side, try Dailysteals, they won't even tell you when they are going to send the item that you ordered and you can't contact them through their website. And here's a kicker, when I finally got through to their email address, they sent me a non reply email that their shipments are delayed because of the typhoon that hits back east.. .So why do they continue to sell items (sometimes with the help of fatwallet) when they are already having a hard time shipping the items ordered weeks and months ago?

Nikko222 said:   Good interaction... On the worst side, try Dailysteals, they won't even tell you when they are going to send the item that you ordered and you can't contact them through their website. And here's a kicker, when I finally got through to their email address, they sent me a non reply email that their shipments are delayed because of the typhoon that hits back east.. .So why do they continue to sell items (sometimes with the help of fatwallet) when they are already having a hard time shipping the items ordered weeks and months ago?

Neat story...but has nothing to do with the Shoprunner topic. It's pretty clear with those types of businesses...if you want dollar store prices...you'll get sub-standard customer service/packaging, etc.

I have orders many items from Newegg this year they are shipping via USPS not FedEx so not 2days anymore. Now is 4 business days get to my house.

Thousands in New York & New Jersey homeless & you're bitching about 2 day shipping. Get a life!!!!!!!!

Thousands in New York & New Jersey homeless & you're bitching about 2 day shipping. Get a life!!!!!!!!

Nikko222 said:   Good interaction... On the worst side, try Dailysteals, they won't even tell you when they are going to send the item that you ordered and you can't contact them through their website. And here's a kicker, when I finally got through to their email address, they sent me a non reply email that their shipments are delayed because of the typhoon that hits back east.. So why do they continue to sell items (sometimes with the help of fatwallet) when they are already having a hard time shipping the items ordered weeks and months ago?
They want your money (and not repeat business). If they told you they could not deliver your stuff for a while, you would find another place to shop. GlockStore.com is pretty bad. Shortly after you order, the items are listed as "shipped". A week later you might get some of the items. When you contact them, they tell you the rest of your order is backordered.

Skipping 2 Messages...
I always miss the boat on the new Fads. I'm noticing something after seeing these two posts:

• "How to pay the absolute lowest price for gas - I'm thinking its NOT Costco!"

• "When is 2 day shipping not 2 day shipping? When it's from Newegg..."

I'm trying to think of the best way to get in on this "cool" upcoming trend. So check out my following thread titled:

• "When do I make a post you really want to read? Sometimes not when I post on Fat Wallet"

Now, I'm going to go add a copyright disclaimer to my Facebook profile (... yeah right)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014