• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Purchased the following deal for ~$650:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details...

They are offering me the following because they are not able to fill my above order:

http://www.tigerdirect.com//applications/searchtools/item-detail...

What are your thoughts on this replacement they are offering? I am kind of pissed because I missed some good deals this weekend thinking I bought the above TV.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is a NO BRAINER BUY IT.. The original one had contrast ratio of 40,000:1, the new deal is 6,000,000:1 the highe... (more)

1633560 (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 1:27a) |

OK, but buy it from a reputable retailer. Or wholesaler.

BitemeIamtoxic (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 1:42p) |

I thought I should update everyone on how my experience with TigerDirect went.

Lets just say, I will never ever buy anyth... (more)

Billiken88 (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 5:42p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How is this a hot deal?

Wrong forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in my opinion you are getting a better tv for the money consider yourself luck

Sorry, thought this was "deal discussion" and not "Hot Deals". Figured this was okay here. Sorry if not!

I had the same problem I bought the 46 Sony for 650.00, they send me a tracking number but UPS says they never got the box and Tirgerdirect says they are sold out. I missed missed all the sales now and it was a gift for my parents.

Take the offer before Tiger tells you both models are out of stock. I bet you will be more pissed if that happens.

It looks like a better TV. I would grab it.

Kudos for Tiger Direct for trying to make it right. The new management team seems to have learned from past mistakes. That's progress.

the LG is very nice, i have the 55lm7600

Yeah, I accepted the replacement. It looks like a nicer TV with good reviews. Hopefully this one is able to be shipped out without a problem.

They give you all these features extra, like Smart TV, wifi, 3D.
It is a gift.

Someone on Amazon buying a non-smart TV paid $100 for a device like an Apple TV, Roku, or smart blu-ray player to get it to be wifi.
You get it included if you want to take advantage of it.

REPLACEMENT:
LG 47LM6200 47" Class LED 3D Cinema HDTV - 1080p, 1920 x 1080, 16:9,
120Hz, 6000000:1, PC Audio Input, USB, HDMI, LAN, Smart TV, Wi-Fi, 6x 3D Glasses Included, Energy Star

47" Class LED 3D Cinema HDTV; enjoy amazing depth and realism in every scene
1080p Full HD; the ultimate picture quality in a cinematic 16:9 format
6,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio; exceptional color contrast with amazing clarity
4x HDMI ports; connect all of the HD devices in your home theater system
Cinema 3D; provide more enhanced 3D effects with 3D Depth Control
Smart TV; intuitive, easy access to movies, apps, and web access with a user-friendly interface

ORIG: Toshiba 46L5200U 46" Class LED HDTV - 1080p, 120Hz, HDMI, USB, PC Input, DynaLight, Energy Star

what ever they are offering is a good tv compare to you ordered one.

Take it. The replacement is smart tv with a 6M:1 contrast, and according to the site it is a 3D-ready TV. The tv you purchased can currently be bought for $680-690, the replacement TV runs around $900.

Dayum, that replacement TV they're offering is bigger, better display (I'd pick an LG over a Toshiba any day), and is 3D. You got yourself quite the deal there.

LM6200 is better TV.

Lg makes really good TVs, take it, it's better in every way.

Billiken88 said:   Purchased the following deal for ~$650:

They are offering me the following because they are not able to fill my above order:

What are your thoughts on this replacement they are offering? I am kind of pissed because I missed some good deals this weekend thinking I bought the above TV.

*UPDATE*

I actually posted the wrong TV that I purchased. Below, the Sony, is actually what I bought. After receiving the email about the above replacement TV, I accepted and called TigerDirect to update my address. Well after spending FORTY FIVE MINUTES on hold, the guy on the other line tells me that the replacement THEY sent me via email was a "mistake" and they could not offer it to me, nor would I be able to get the TV I purchased. They instead offered me a TV that is going for sub $500 @ Fry's or $620 at WalMart (When I spent $650 for a Black Friday heavily discounted deal), or they could refund me. What a joke. Won't buy from TigerDirect again.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Hmm...TigerDirect made a mistake on the order and you made a mistake of posting the wrong tv....why so many mistakes by both buyer and seller? Sounds like you guys deserve each other

I bought an hd webcam from them on black Friday that was free after rebate. A few day later I checked my account and saw that the item had not shipped and was out of stock. I called and spoke to a manager. He immediately sent the next higher model to me for free. And, he sent it 2-day delivery. I was expecting a hassle, but didn't get one. I know this is a small item compared to your tv, but I was still impressed.

I don't like filing BBB complaints (Okay that's a lie I do), but I think you've gotten past the point I would file.

They made a mistake and then go back on their promise to make it right?

I'll admit Op made the mistake of trusting Tiger Direct, but come on, really?

Call one more time, demand to speak with a manager and if you don't get results file. In fact, file while talking to the manager to save time.

Buy from frys.com or Newegg.com, favorites of FWers.

call them and ask them for a free TV, if they don't accept, sue them.

They should give you the LG as it was being sold for $649 at a number of places Black Friday or Cyber Monday, like the lightning deal mentioned below.
Searching the model number in the hotdeals or rival SD site will show you those deals.

Currently retailers are selling it for
-------
$899.99

So they try to get out of giving it as a replacement.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Another FW favorite electronics retailer: Amazon.com

LG 47LM6200 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses - $649

Amazon has the LG 47'' 3D LED TV for $649 as part of their lightning deal that went live at 1:30 PM PST.

Billiken88 said:   Billiken88 said:   Purchased the following deal for ~$650:

*UPDATE*

I actually posted the wrong TV that I purchased. Below, the Sony, is actually what I bought. After receiving the email about the above replacement TV, I accepted and called TigerDirect to update my address. Well after spending FORTY FIVE MINUTES on hold, the guy on the other line tells me that the replacement THEY sent me via email was a "mistake" and they could not offer it to me, nor would I be able to get the TV I purchased. They instead offered me a TV that is going for sub $500 @ Fry's or $620 at WalMart (When I spent $650 for a Black Friday heavily discounted deal), or they could refund me. What a joke. Won't buy from TigerDirect again.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Good thing you did not buy it. Look around there are better deals.

This is a NO BRAINER BUY IT.. The original one had contrast ratio of 40,000:1, the new deal is 6,000,000:1 the higher the number the more color you get.

OK, but buy it from a reputable retailer. Or wholesaler.

I thought I should update everyone on how my experience with TigerDirect went.

Lets just say, I will never ever buy anything from them again and I will steer anyone I can away from them. My experience with them has been nothing but stressful and unprofessional.

After purchasing the above TV on Black Friday, I was contacted a few days later by TigerDirect to inform me that the TV I purchased had been sold out and I had the option to go with the LG TV or get a refund. Since Black Friday and Cyber Monday were over, I decided to go with the LG TV and accepted it through the email. A few days later, I called up TigerDirect to check the status of my order. The manager on the other line informed me that he "could not give me the LG as it retails for $899 and I only paid $649 and the email I recieved from TigerDirect to accept the replacement LG TV was a mistake.". He offered me a much more infurior LG model which retailed for $699 (oh, BTW he would make me pay the $50 difference).I informed him that I purchased this TV on Black Friday when all these models were $200 cheaper, incl the one he was offering me which was going in the $400s. He did not care and told me he would not ship the LG that TigerDirect sent me as a replacement option. I took the night to figure out what my next step should be. The next day I check the status one last time and oh look the item some how shipped. I figured the manager didn't know what he was talking about or was trying to make me get an inferior product to save him a buck.

I waited from Nov 31st or so until about Dec 3rd or 4th when it said my TV arrived "at the terminal" in my area. I contacted the shipping company via chat to figure out what I needed to do next. They informed me that they would process it and call me that day or the next day to schedule delivery. I thought everything was going smooth until the 6th, 7th, 8th. I contacted them again, they told me someone would call today or tomorrow. No one calls. It is now the 12th of December and I call them and ask for a manager. They tell me that my order is "lost" and that they will need to check video cameras and freight to find it. I called bullshit and they went away for 10 mins. When they come back they tell me that they found the TV and had the terminal person on the other line so we could schedule a time for delivery.

I spoke with the terminal person about delivery and it was scheduled for Dec 18th between 1-5PM. Now I will be moving about 2 blocks away this weekend, so I asked her if I could get it delivered to my new place (since shipping was supposed to take 2-5 days, not a month), if she couldn't then just ship it to where I had it originally. She told me no problem and would ask TigerDirect, and if not she will ship it to the original address. I check the status today and it shows my order was being sent BACK TO TigerDirect! I fumed for 20 mins and called TigerDirect up. They informed me that the order was returned and that they could not do anything about it. I had the option of waiting for the TV to get BACK to Tigetdirect (which takes 5-10 business days) and they would then send it back to me (another 5-10 business days they say... more like a month) or I could get a refund on the TV ... but I would also have until the TV was back at Tigerdirects warehouse before they could even start the refund process. The refund process takes 3-5 business days as well. So a total of almost a month to just get a refund. I had a few choice words with the guy over the phone and he said "fine, I will refund your money now. It will take 5-7 business days". No sorry, no I understand that we have screwed your order up big time, no nothing.

And thats all. What a wonderful experience. I wont be using them ever again.

Back into the TV market I go... once they refund me my money.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014