• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My house got flooded during Sandy and lost my desktop. When I go back in about a month I would like another desktop. I dont do anything special with it beside searching the web but like most fw'er if the more expensive one is a great deal I spring for that one. Can some one help me and let me know which computer deal wise is better? Are either one good enough where I should jump on or should I wait a few weeks more, or if you know of a better deal out there that im missing

This for $787 after code DT1261.

Or

Thisfor $499.

The first one is not posted on fw. Is it good enough where I should make a post? Thanks

Member Summary

Do you need the "most powerful desktop PC"? Are you looking for "exceptional performance"? Are you using it for "immersive gaming and digital creation"? Do you want "extreme speed, expandability, and cutting-edge style"?

What model was the one you lost? Specs? How well did it work for you and what one or two deficiencies are you trying to address? Most like you are choosing between overkill and extreme overkill for a household PC.

BTW, what type of Internet connection and speed are you using? Often that's the weakest link.

At Best Buy I bought a Desktop online that I really love & am pretty sure they still have them. It's an HP p2-1394. The price was $349 & with tax $377.00 Tou might want to check it out.

the i5 one for 499 is more than enough for the tasks you described.

Both models you are looking at are overkill for what you do. Computers are not an investment, buy them cheap and often. Dell has some deals in outlet keep it under $300.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014