Zalman / Rapid Rebate Fraud - what to do?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I rarely am willing to buy an item with a rebate because I've so often had them "lost" or refused, but a recent deal from Newegg with a $50 rebate on a $80 Zalman SSD tempted me into breaking my general rule. A good friend of mine purchased the same SSD on the same day. We both filled out the rebate forms and double checked each others form to make sure we didn't miss anything. Then we each mailed them in mid October from two different mailboxes.

Surprise! Nearly two months later Rapid Rebates has no record of either submission. Although they could claim that a single rebate was lost in the mail, "losing" 2 separate rebates from 2 different people mailed separately is nothing more than fraud.

Zalman already has an "F" with the Better Business Bureau and the Rapid Rebate company isn't even listed. Besides contacting the Attorney General what have you FW members done that's been successful when dealing with this situation?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What did they suggest you do when you called them? To be honest, 'nearly two months later' sounds like 7 weeks or so to me and plenty of rebates aren't posted as 'received' until 8 weeks or more.

Normal recourse is to send them the copies you made of original submission (making another copy for your records, of course).

If they don't receive them a second time, ask them for a fax number and fax them while on the phone so you can confirm that the person you're talking to has received them.

Give it time, and be persistent.

The company only provides a way to email them via their web page which I've done but haven't received a response. There is no other way to contact them.

It has been 7 weeks, 3 days but I've never had a company take more than a month to log a submitted rebate (although they take far longer to fulfill them.) To be honest I've had so many rebates for so many $ "lost" I didn't even consider an unbelievably slow processing time to show it online as a possibility.

Did anyone else mail in a Zalman rebate that's still waiting to receive it or show up online?

I've only done two rebates through Zalman for a CPU cooler and external enclosure without any issues. Both rebates took about 2 months to receive and were processed by Rapid-Rebates.

Not sure if this will help you, but its worth a shot. The contact e-mail I have from those rebates were "rebate@zalmanusa.com".

I'd make sure you register a complaint with the postal inspectors. May not necessarily have anything done about it unless many others complain too, but you got to start somewhere.

I am having a problem with the same company (rapid-rebates) for ESET NOD32 antivirus purchased 11-12-12 and mailed 12-17-12. They claim they received it after the deadline of 12/26/12 which makes the rebate invalid. How do I prove I mailed it 12-17-12?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014