• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
OfficeMax offered a laptop for $329.99 on black Friday which I missed, but I bought this model for $349.99.
This morning, it is on sale for $329.99. I called OfficeMax and gave them my invoice number. They refunded the $20.00 difference without a hassle.

OfficeMax Email

OfficeMax email said: HP Pavilion g6-2228nr Notebook PC
AVG. Customer Rating: Write the First Review

Reg: $449.99
Save 27% :$120.00
Your Price: $329.99

Limited quanities / limited time offer.

Member Summary

HP Pavilion g6-2228nr
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Now B&M only. "Item is sold out online. Please check your local OfficeMax store for availability."

Product Overview

Next Gen AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor, 4 GB DDR3 Memory, 32 GB Hard Drive, 15.6-inch LED-backlit display

Features

AMD Radeon HD 7520G Discrete-Class graphics
SuperMulti DVD burner
Altec Lansing dual speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio
up to 3 hours, 15 minutes of battery life
Windows 8

*** Under Technical Details, it says 320GB hard drive. ***

32 GB? Should be 320 GB.

toddwz said:   32 GB? Should be 320 GB.

It does say 320 GB under "Technical Details".

If these notebooks all get better res displays next year, all the hoopla about tablets may start to subside. IMHO, the only reason not to buy these notebooks is the pathetic 1366x768 resolution - other than that, they are spectacularly better values than tablets. $329 for this notebook would be a steal if it offered 1920x1080 resolution.

Would this be a good laptop for my parents who would use it to get online, use word or excel, and play a couple of simple games like tetris? They live abroad and wouldn't come over until next April. Would it make better sense to wait until spring to make a purchase?

katnrica said:   If these notebooks all get better res displays next year, all the hoopla about tablets may start to subside. IMHO, the only reason not to buy these notebooks is the pathetic 1366x768 resolution - other than that, they are spectacularly better values than tablets. $329 for this notebook would be a steal if it offered 1920x1080 resolution.

IMHO, at this price point, 1366x768 is far from pathetic.

theospurs said:   Would this be a good laptop for my parents who would use it to get online, use word or excel, and play a couple of simple games like tetris? They live abroad and wouldn't come over until next April. Would it make better sense to wait until spring to make a purchase?
If you can find a laptop with Windows7, do so.

I bought this unit. It comes with Windows8 which I would not wish off on anybody. It comes flooded with GIGO making it hard to do any real PC function without jumping through hoops. It comes with IE10. IE10 does not work well for some common things I use IE for such as pull down menus.
I had to download Google's Chrome to do that website.

Thanks JW, and great points about Windows 8.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014