Tous R Us Price Error on Kindle Fire HD ?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Today's Toys R Us ad in the newspaper shows the 7" Kindle Fire HD for $159. If I go online the same ad on their website shows the Kindle Fire.
The newspaper ads lists all HD specs but the Web# goes to the Kindle Fire. Maybe this isn't a widespread error because I don't see anyone discussing it on here or SD.

Looks like a misprint - so do you think they will honor it if I bring the printed ad in? Or if not, maybe try to get a price match at Best Buy?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
you didn't need a paper ad?

russ0519 (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 4:32a) |

When I first called Best Buy to see if they had the Kindles she said yes but then when I asked if she would honor the pr... (more)

ssalvatore (Dec. 12, 2012 @ 11:06a) |

They honored the sales paper price when I showed the ad...

kellytrim (Dec. 17, 2012 @ 9:39p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

johneh said:    Today's Toys R Us ad in the newspaper shows the 7" Kindle Fire HD for $159

Since we are past the colonial days...there's quite a few "papers" in circulation. Which one are you referring to ?

I'm talking about the circular in today's newspaper. Mine was in the Akron Beacon Journal.

since 951am, no one has tried to see if they will honor it?

ionizer said:   since 951am, no one has tried to see if they will honor it?

Feel free to report back. Didn't see it in my paper...but it might be in the in-store flyer. If so, your highest probably will be a price-match...since TRU is probably fully aware of this by now.

On the Black Friday Best Buy ad, they had a Gift Card for this item, 40 dollars?
I am not sure how this Kindle HD is selling

Paper Ad
Disclaimer
I see the Kindle Fire 7" (non HD) in my ad for the price OP mentioned.

The 8.9" HD is 299.00

Same prices on Amazon

SlamminMOFO said:   I see the Kindle Fire 7" (non HD) in my ad for the price OP mentioned.

The 8.9" HD is 299.00

Same prices on Amazon

Same ad except my shows $159.99 for
Kindle Fire HD7"
1280 x 800 HD
16 GB

Going to try it later today

Can you scan or take a digital photo of it for us?

WWHy is this in DD? I just had a successful PM at Best Buy. Thanks OP!!!!

TheGMan said:   WWHy is this in DD?

Because knowingly committing fraud isn't really "Hot Deal" worthy.

Just got back for Toys r Us, they honored the price and then put up a sign afterwards for correction. If you are the first at Toys r Us they may honor it for you.

My Sunday toys r us ad also states the kindle fire hd 16gb for $159.99- web id 689073 but it shows the regular kindle online.Regular kindle on sale on Office Depot this week for $134.99

People on SD are getting price matches at BB and Staples

Got 2 at Best Buy Fairlawn, OH - they price matched with no issues.

Update - I just pulled the actual ad from the paper rather than the online ad and sure enough, it's showing the HD version for 159.99

I purchased the 7" HD on Black Friday and received a $30 Best Buy Gift Card.

Wow! I might have to go get the Sunday paper for that ad!

Bubbaba - what is SD?

I clicked on the linked ad above and realize that they are showing the 8gb. The Best Buy I bought on Black Friday is 16gb and HD. I think Toys R Us has an out in that the price detail does NOT say HD, only the headline above both Kindles.

respdoc said:   TheGMan said:   WWHy is this in DD?

Because knowingly committing fraud isn't really "Hot Deal" worthy.

C'mon. B.S. If we would have printed the ad ourselves, then that would be fraud. This is no different than the hundreds of pricing errors/clearance PMs that occur both B&M & online which get taken advantage of each year all year.
Thanks again OP!

Edit: Besides, many are reporting that their TRU on honoring it.

TheGMan said:   

C'mon. B.S. If we would have printed the ad ourselves, then that would be fraud. This is no different than the hundreds of pricing errors/clearance PMs that occur both B&M & online which get taken advantage of each year all year.
Thanks again OP!

Edit: Besides, many are reporting that their TRU on honoring it.

Doesn't matter to me how you justify it. It's your choice. As for TRU honoring it...it's not "many" but a few.

BTW..was just at Staples looking for a new camera..and passed by the tablet's section. Noticed a big sign saying something about they will not honor the TRU price mistake.

I'm surprised that Amazon and Toys R Us are working together after THIS old lawsuit. I'm sure most old time FW'ers remember that.

I went to TRU today and they honored the price!!

SlamminMOFO said:   I'm surprised that Amazon and Toys R Us are working together after THIS old lawsuit. I'm sure most old time FW'ers remember that.
yeah. The ironic thing about that was that Borders, Target, and Toys R Us saved Amazon then. Since then, Borders is now gone. Also, Toys R Us almost disappeared.

SD is slickdeals.

Is there somewhere online we can get this circular with the price mistake? I didn't get the sunday paper.

Already had correction posted at my local TRU

went to 1 Best Buy and they did not honor it then I went to another and they did
with no problems. I live in NC.

My coworker told me about the misprint , we went to the toys r us near our office today she asked for the 159 kindle fire HD and they gave us two with no trouble

Nicole14b said:   My coworker told me about the misprint , we went to the toys r us near our office today she asked for the 159 kindle fire HD and they gave us two with no trouble

you didn't need a paper ad?

When I first called Best Buy to see if they had the Kindles she said yes but then when I asked if she would honor the price from Toys R Us she said no because it was a mistake. I then asked to speak to a manager and he then told me "oh I am sorry we are all sold out on the Kindle's!" Not happy with Best Buy. Toy R Us said they would continue to honor it if they had more!

They honored the sales paper price when I showed the ad...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014