No more netflix signup bonus offers?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
I've never bothered signing up for Netflix, but I wanted to give it a try. I know that in the past, including earlier this year, there were a variety of promotions for signup bonuses. You could get Best Buy reward zone points, eBay bucks, or miles on various airlines. From what I'm finding now, all of these offers are now gone.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a temporary thing (like maybe they just don't offer bonuses during the holidays), or has Netflix moved past offering such things? In other words...should I wait it out to see if any come back in the future, or just sign up now if they're a thing of the past?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've noticed that too! Used to make some $$ making Netflix accounts with visa giftcards and getting two free movie tickets for signing up.

I know the AA 2,500 mile promotion ended 11/14, wouldn't surprise me if they killed the others as well. They'll always have to offer something as incentive but might be cutting back right now since it's close to the end of the year and they might have hit their numbers already?

Redbox/Verizon streaming is around the corner, so Netflix will definitely come back with those offers to attract new customers definitely soon.

Green for asking a question that's already been on my mind. Unfortunately no one can do anything but speculate.

If you're really interested in Netflix streaming, I say give it a free trial and keep track of your signup info. Netflix trails are limited to 1 per person, but as long as you use a unique email and credit card you should be able to sign up again. (Be careful, they will charge you if you screw this up!) Streaming only trials didn't even ask for mailing address last time I signed up. They accept bank cards, but no type of Prepaid card.


If you're mostly looking at a way to get more rentals / supplement Redbox, a blockbuster.com trial might be a good idea. (This might be your only chance to try it, if they go under as well). The shipping times aren't as great as they were in years past, but they offer new releases right when they come out. Because I'm impatient, I really like this aspect over Redbox and Netflix
- Just a heads up for anyone that goes this route. Blockbuster may send any video on your queue. If you put movies at the bottom of your queue you're 'thinking about', you may end up sending it back.
www.blockbuster.com/FreeTrial

StartByServingOthers said:   Green for asking a question that's already been on my mind. Unfortunately no one can do anything but speculate.

If you're really interested in Netflix streaming, I say give it a free trial and keep track of your signup info. Netflix trails are limited to 1 per person, but as long as you use a unique email and credit card you should be able to sign up again. (Be careful, they will charge you if you screw this up!) Streaming only trials didn't even ask for mailing address last time I signed up. They accept bank cards, but no type of Prepaid card.


If you're mostly looking at a way to get more rentals / supplement Redbox, a blockbuster.com trial might be a good idea. (This might be your only chance to try it, if they go under as well). The shipping times aren't as great as they were in years past, but they offer new releases right when they come out. Because I'm impatient, I really like this aspect over Redbox and Netflix
- Just a heads up for anyone that goes this route. Blockbuster may send any video on your queue. If you put movies at the bottom of your queue you're 'thinking about', you may end up sending it back.
www.blockbuster.com/FreeTrial



I use prepaid cards

alamo11 said:   StartByServingOthers said:   Green for asking a question that's already been on my mind. Unfortunately no one can do anything but speculate.

If you're really interested in Netflix streaming, I say give it a free trial and keep track of your signup info. Netflix trails are limited to 1 per person, but as long as you use a unique email and credit card you should be able to sign up again. (Be careful, they will charge you if you screw this up!) Streaming only trials didn't even ask for mailing address last time I signed up. They accept bank cards, but no type of Prepaid card.


If you're mostly looking at a way to get more rentals / supplement Redbox, a blockbuster.com trial might be a good idea. (This might be your only chance to try it, if they go under as well). The shipping times aren't as great as they were in years past, but they offer new releases right when they come out. Because I'm impatient, I really like this aspect over Redbox and Netflix
- Just a heads up for anyone that goes this route. Blockbuster may send any video on your queue. If you put movies at the bottom of your queue you're 'thinking about', you may end up sending it back.
www.blockbuster.com/FreeTrial




I use prepaid cards



It must be a particular bank that Netflix doesn't know about, or is Okay with. I've tried many different prepaid cards (That have my mailing address and zip code associated) with no success. Bank cards and virtual numbers always work.

Staples tech apps still has Netflix trial for $20 Staples gift card offer running. You can signup at http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/apps/index.html
Signup needs a receipt number with electronic products purchase at Staples.com or in-store though

Maheshkk said:   Staples tech apps still has Netflix trial for $20 Staples gift card offer running. You can signup at http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/apps/index.html
Signup needs a receipt number with electronic products purchase at Staples.com or in-store though


does the receipt have to say that? I bought the 10$ netgear streamer, Can I just use the receipt number on the bottom??




Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014