• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
Searching for tires for my entitled brother, I stumbled upon TireRack's $50 rebate on Kumho tires. Doing another search on FW, I found another rebate through Kumho for $75.

Can this be stacked? How would Kumho know that I got a rebate from TireRack and visa versa? If this is doable, it'd be a great deal and a load off my dad's wallet since my brother needs tires ASAP.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the rebate is only good for CA/NY/NJ

NY/NJ: http://kumhotireusa.com/owners/tire/rebates-jets

Member Summary

Kumho Tires
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Son, click on THIS and enter your zip code on the left hand side to see who installs in your area from/for TireRack. Th... (more)

SlamminMOFO (Dec. 12, 2012 @ 10:13p) |

Thank you! That helps a lot towards making my next tire purchase. Green for you.

Sonofspam (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 2:52a) |

Michelin is in talks with China right now to produce some tires there.

*UPDATE* Actually they already made in china as sh... (more)

SlamminMOFO (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 9:13a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

does look like a double dip opportunity...

rebate is only valid in CA

Yes, I apologize, forgot to mention that. I am located in CA. It's also available for NY/NJ as well.

http://kumhotireusa.com/owners/tire/rebates-jets

i have used them before and they are not great tires. its ok if you're just looking for some cheap stuff.

- my 2 cents.

sappana said:   i have used them before and they are not great tires. its ok if you're just looking for some cheap stuff.

the reviews on TireRack are pretty positive. my own experience with them on my minivan is that they are very quiet and so far have been fantastic.

Kumho are good tires, IME. Bought a set and having gone through it bought another one for the same car and another one for minivan. They're not as inexpensive as they used to be (I guess now the manufactures has the market share it once wanted), but if you can get both rebates (and it looks like you would), it'll be a fantastic deal.

My Kumho's were good... The only problem that I experienced was some pre-mature cracking on the sides.

IME the tires are good but NOT inexpensive. The best value is store brand @pepboys or any other. Most store brands are made by either Firestone or Cooper.

The Deals for $75.oo is only good for California..You can't double dip..

I don't qualify, but green for updating your post with relevant information.

If you are in San Jose, Bay Area there is a great tire shop that is SUPER CHEAP with kuhmo tires. PM me.

gonewiththewind said:   IME the tires are good but NOT inexpensive. The best value is store brand @pepboys or any other. Most store brands are made by either Firestone or Cooper.

Eh? The cheap store brands are made in china.
Tires are something a try not to go cheap with. Only part of the car that touches the road.

Unsure if these are better than Fyedollaho tires, but they sure were cheap!

SlamminMOFO said:   My Kumho's were good... The only problem that I experienced was some pre-mature cracking on the sides.


Good, but sidewalls cracked????????????????? WTH? That sounds mutually exclusive to me, unless you are that big a miser.

After doing some pretty extensive research on all season tires I came to the conclusion that Michelin has the most consistently good reviews (can't remember the model with all the reviews) but most expensive. In an extremely close second are the Hankook H727 which I have now and are the best value for performance that I've found. In third are the Kuhmo Solus KR21 which I bought before the Hankook, which were great, but had bad tread wear on my Camry (Mixed Reviews Here from people).

Mickie3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   My Kumho's were good... The only problem that I experienced was some pre-mature cracking on the sides.


Good, but sidewalls cracked????????????????? WTH? That sounds mutually exclusive to me, unless you are that big a miser.


Slow down... They were good tires until they started to pre-maturely crack. Never assume.. it's a bad trait. They handled well and had low road noise. I live in an area that the temp fluctuates a lot during the year and that probably contributed to the cracking sooner than I believe they should have. Perhaps a bad batch of rubber... Perhaps a set of tires that was nearing the end of it's shelf life when purchased.....one will never know.

HERE, educate yourself on tire cracking.

NO Kumho tires, ballancing problems and are NOT a good tire

SlamminMOFO said:   Mickie3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   My Kumho's were good... The only problem that I experienced was some pre-mature cracking on the sides.


Good, but sidewalls cracked????????????????? WTH? That sounds mutually exclusive to me, unless you are that big a miser.


Slow down... They were good tires until they started to pre-maturely crack. Never assume.. it's a bad trait. They handled well and had low road noise. I live in an area that the temp fluctuates a lot during the year and that probably contributed to the cracking sooner than I believe they should have. Perhaps a bad batch of rubber... Perhaps a set of tires that was nearing the end of it's shelf life when purchased.....one will never know.

HERE, educate yourself on tire cracking.


If Lincoln had gotten the tickets to the Ford Theatre cheap enough they would have been a good deal?????

Can say that I have lived and driven in some of the harshest climates known to man and have never had the sidewalls break down on any of the Michelins I have owned. Never! None!

Mickie3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   Mickie3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   My Kumho's were good... The only problem that I experienced was some pre-mature cracking on the sides.


Good, but sidewalls cracked????????????????? WTH? That sounds mutually exclusive to me, unless you are that big a miser.


Slow down... They were good tires until they started to pre-maturely crack. Never assume.. it's a bad trait. They handled well and had low road noise. I live in an area that the temp fluctuates a lot during the year and that probably contributed to the cracking sooner than I believe they should have. Perhaps a bad batch of rubber... Perhaps a set of tires that was nearing the end of it's shelf life when purchased.....one will never know.

HERE, educate yourself on tire cracking.


If Lincoln had gotten the tickets to the Ford Theatre cheap enough they would have been a good deal?????

Can say that I have lived and driven in some of the harshest climates known to man and have never had the sidewalls break down on any of the Michelins I have owned. Never! None!


Your comparisons don't make any sense and we weren't talking about Michelins and if you think for a minute that sidewall cracking is rare (even on Michelins), you must be a youngster with not a whole lot of tire experience....

HERE, some more education for you.

You'd even like to know that if your Michelin tire cracks, they wont cover it for you as shown HERE on page 3 but Kumho offers a 4 year warranty on such issues as shown HERE... just something to think about

Now simma down with the cockyness because too much schooling will cause you to have a stroke.

zander57 said:   NO Kumho tires, ballancing problems and are NOT a good tire

Solution.. Take it to another shop that knows how to balance a tire. There are no variables that would prevent it from being balanced properly. Take it to WalMart.. They've been high speed balancing my tires for years and they do a damn good job at it.

Only Mickie3 would continue to take it to the same shop to be balanced incorrectly - in response to his red.

I've heard good things about Tire Rack, but have never purchased from them. Anyone that his bought tires from Tire Rack please chime in with some info, please:

How much does it cost to get them mounted after you buy them, and where does Tire Rack ship the tires, as in, do they ship to a tire store that will mount them?

Is there any road hazard protection, such as you can get at Costco or Sam's when you buy the mounting package (per tire) at Costco or Sam's?

When buying and choosing the mounting pkg at Costco or Sam's, you generally get free lifetime balancing, flat/leaking tire repair, tire inspection and rotation. Does Tire Rack have any arrangement with the tire installer or mounter to do the same?

Thanks in advance.

Sonofspam said:   I've heard good things about Tire Rack, but have never purchased from them. Anyone that his bought tires from Tire Rack please chime in with some info, please:

How much does it cost to get them mounted after you buy them, and where does Tire Rack ship the tires, as in, do they ship to a tire store that will mount them?

Is there any road hazard protection, such as you can get at Costco or Sam's when you buy the mounting package (per tire) at Costco or Sam's?

When buying and choosing the mounting pkg at Costco or Sam's, you generally get free lifetime balancing, flat/leaking tire repair, tire inspection and rotation. Does Tire Rack have any arrangement with the tire installer or mounter to do the same?

Thanks in advance.


Son, click on THIS and enter your zip code on the left hand side to see who installs in your area from/for TireRack. They also have the option to buy the road hazard warranty when checking out. I had my TireRack tires sent to my house and took them to WalMart. WalMart cost was about $50 total for all 4 tires for mouting, lifetime rotation and lifetime balancing. Couldn't go wrong with that. Just ask them to torque your lugs to spec instead of using an air tool with no setting or set way to high.

SlamminMOFO said:   Sonofspam said:   I've heard good things about Tire Rack, but have never purchased from them. Anyone that his bought tires from Tire Rack please chime in with some info, please:

How much does it cost to get them mounted after you buy them, and where does Tire Rack ship the tires, as in, do they ship to a tire store that will mount them?

Is there any road hazard protection, such as you can get at Costco or Sam's when you buy the mounting package (per tire) at Costco or Sam's?

When buying and choosing the mounting pkg at Costco or Sam's, you generally get free lifetime balancing, flat/leaking tire repair, tire inspection and rotation. Does Tire Rack have any arrangement with the tire installer or mounter to do the same?

Thanks in advance.


Son, click on THIS and enter your zip code on the left hand side to see who installs in your area from/for TireRack. They also have the option to buy the road hazard warranty when checking out. I had my TireRack tires sent to my house and took them to WalMart. WalMart cost was about $50 total for all 4 tires for mouting, lifetime rotation and lifetime balancing. Couldn't go wrong with that. Just ask them to torque your lugs to spec instead of using an air tool with no setting or set way to high.
Thank you! That helps a lot towards making my next tire purchase. Green for you.

homerj31 said:   gonewiththewind said:   IME the tires are good but NOT inexpensive. The best value is store brand @pepboys or any other. Most store brands are made by either Firestone or Cooper.

Eh? The cheap store brands are made in china.
Tires are something a try not to go cheap with. Only part of the car that touches the road.


Michelin is in talks with China right now to produce some tires there.

*UPDATE* Actually they already made in china as shown HERE!!! Not all, but some. It's a crap shoot.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014