Amazon Price Guarantee?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I know they have a guarantee if the price drops on an item for pre-orders, but what about anything on post-orders, like within 30 days? I can't seem to find anything on this. Also, is this maybe limited to Prime members?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That went by the wayside ages ago...

Their policy on this is indeed on their site. A two second Google search using your very title of this thread found it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=46850...

Meaning No?

for tv, they have 14 days price match and you can see the price guarantee on the item. my friend did get two matches and even for black friday

No price guarantees from Amazon

xsnake said:   for tv, they have 14 days price match and you can see the price guarantee on the item. my friend did get two matches and even for black friday

Amazon matched a BF price? I wanted that 60' led vizio for $599.99 i didnt think you can buy a day early and match yhe BF sale

I have never had a problem getting a price match up until the day the item is delivered. Over the last year, I've done this a few times. I guess they figure you could always refuse delivery and re-order at the lower price.

yes, Amazon initially stated they won't but they did match the black friday price from its own website.

Price match and price guarantee is two different things... I've never had any luck with Amazon and price guarantees.

It never hurts to ask. I've had pretty good success in the past with just sending a message to Amazon stating that I was disappointed to see that the price had changed since I purchased the item. I've had them issue a refund to my credit card for the difference several times. Of course I've also had them deny the request a few times too. Just to be clear, I'm talking about Price changes for an item sold on Amazon itslef. Not a price match from another store.

Exactly... and that is what I tried, and was shot down for a measly $2 on a $20 movie... he would not give me a "one-time" credit!

Mulox said:   Exactly... and that is what I tried, and was shot down for a measly $2 on a $20 movie... he would not give me a "one-time" credit!

It all depends on how you word your email and what CSR you run into that day and their mood.

Ask they gave me a one time courtesy credit for an boost cell phone $40.00 so I say you gotta ask

I got a $50 credit when the 50" Panny plasma I bought went from $599 to $549 last month.
No problem getting it.

If you have Prime, then maybe you can. At least it works for me for 2 items I returned. The prices dropped down after I received my items. It's a good habit to keep the items you purchased in the wishlist for quick current prices view. Initiate the return online. Select "Better Price Available" as the reason and enter "Amazon". Then Amazon will let you print out the UPS label with free return shipping. Not sure if it only works when the item is originally sold by Amazon or not. Now order the same item with lower price again. When you received your new item, stick on the UPS return label and ship it back.

I think Amazon should offer something like 14 days price guaranteed with Prime. This will help the consumer to buy with confidence and also can attract more people signing up Prime

Wawatoe said:   If you have Prime, then maybe you can. At least it works for me for 2 items I returned. The prices dropped down after I received my items. It's a good habit to keep the items you purchased in the wishlist for quick current prices view. Initiate the return online. Select "Better Price Available" as the reason and enter "Amazon". Then Amazon will let you print out the UPS label with free return shipping. Not sure if it only works when the item is originally sold by Amazon or not. Now order the same item with lower price again. When you received your new item, stick on the UPS return label and ship it back.

I think Amazon should offer something like 14 days price guaranteed with Prime. This will help the consumer to buy with confidence and also can attract more people signing up Prime

Just note that doing this too often will get you permanently banned. Am@zon is well known to do this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.