eBay bucks bonus today?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Anyone know anything about a bonus offer today only on eBay bucks? I'm looking at an eBay auction which states: "Pay today and earn $12.44 in eBay Bucks", "Includes Bonus Offer!" Starting bid is $61.20, so it's ten times the regular eBay bucks, but I didn't get any bonus offer in email or anywhere else. The link to details on the auction page doesn't go anywhere. It's a great deal if true, but I need details.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have the same thing showing up on some of my watched items.
I actually bought something on 12/14 Friday based on this bonus offer.
I committed to buy and when I was about to pay, IT WAS GONE!!! (from $17 to $4)
I called eBay CS on 12/15 Saturday and the initial rep kept saying it was a issue on my computer which is total BS!!!
(After purchasing or winning the item, it won't show the bonus any more. So you have to find a similar active item and add it to the watched list. If the reps logs in as you and doesn't see it, tell them to go back out to MyEbay then back to the watched item)
I kept arguing and finally got a supervisor to admit it was some glitch on their side. Supposedly it's a promo from October that still shows up for some customers.

Anyway, they are supposed to credit my eBay bucks account for the additional amount but I haven't received it yet.

Thanks for the info, jaenuwine. I thought it was too good to be true. When I look at that item now, the offer comes and goes, and shows up as a slightly different amount each time. I'm going to try to save a screenshot for proof.

I found an eBay thread about this http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Miscellaneous/Purchased-Ph...

Apparently it's a glitch and you won't receive any extra money.

Yup seen it and made a purchase was supposed to receive 10.45$ for a 15$ purchase. Knew something would be up with it. Glitch or not will be filing some sort of grievence based on the false info. It even states as such on my check out which I sceen-shot.

quick cancel ur order.

i'm waiting to buy a pair of HID bulbs. not urgent, just i like to keep a pair ready.

zpro said:   I found an eBay thread about this http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Miscellaneous/Purchased-Ph...

Apparently it's a glitch and you won't receive any extra money.

Bonus showing in my account after purchase...

dakota26 said:   Anyone know anything about a bonus offer today only on eBay bucks? I'm looking at an eBay auction which states: "Pay today and earn $12.44 in eBay Bucks", "Includes Bonus Offer!" Starting bid is $61.20, so it's ten times the regular eBay bucks, but I didn't get any bonus offer in email or anywhere else. The link to details on the auction page doesn't go anywhere. It's a great deal if true, but I need details.

bonus offer is tied to creating acct/paying with BILL ME LATER. if you choose bill me later, you're good. if you don't and get the bonus, it will be removed, trust me.

MISTERCHEAP said:   dakota26 said:   Anyone know anything about a bonus offer today only on eBay bucks? I'm looking at an eBay auction which states: "Pay today and earn $12.44 in eBay Bucks", "Includes Bonus Offer!" Starting bid is $61.20, so it's ten times the regular eBay bucks, but I didn't get any bonus offer in email or anywhere else. The link to details on the auction page doesn't go anywhere. It's a great deal if true, but I need details.

bonus offer is tied to creating acct/paying with BILL ME LATER. if you choose bill me later, you're good. if you don't and get the bonus, it will be removed, trust me.
This is likely. Today I bought an ipod screen for $18.49 and was offered $10.73 if I "Pay Today". After the transaction it said I had earned $10.73 in eBay bucks. But going into my eBay bucks page the summary for the transaction shows all the bonus is related to Bill Me Later. Although the $10.73 is reflected in my total eBay bucks for this period.

Bucks Bonus Summary
LCD Screen Display Touch Digi...
Base earn $0.37
Bonus Offer! : Extra $10 eBay Bucks w/ BillMeLater on 1st purchase + 1% ALL MONTH $10.00
Bonus Offer! : EXTRA 1% in eBay Bucks with BillMeLater ALL MONTH $0.18
Bonus Offer! : EXTRA 1% in eBay Bucks with BillMeLater ALL MONTH $0.18
Your eBay Bucks total $10.73

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014