WHY I WILL NEVER USE T-MOBILE

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
This is our "almost" experience with T-Mobile. THe $$ figures are low, but no less annoying. We almost got hooked in by their cheap packages. but....

It has been an extremely frustrating experience “almost” being a T-Mobile customer. Even though we never even used T-Mobile service for even 1 minute, T-Mobile has been sending us bills -- invalid bills on items promised to be credited or misbilled items.

On October 31st, we called T-Mobile to have our phone lines transferred from AT&T -- including getting the sim cards mailed to us via next day air . But due to the level of customer service we received on that day, we realized that this would be a bad idea. We immediately cancelled the transfer just a couple hours later via a customer support representative, who couldn’t cancel the order, but promised to refund the next day air charges.

We expected that our dealings with T-Mobile would be finished. However, in mid November we received a bill dated 11/7 for XX.XX for various fees and 2 charges on our credit card for $YY.YY

We called T-Mobile customer support to have these charges fixed. T-Mobile customer representatives agreed to credit us the $XX.XX in charges as well as the $YY.YY for next day air, but both representatives did not see the duplicate $YY.YY charge. So we disputed the 2nd $YY.YY charge with our credit card company as a duplicate/invalid charge. Once again we expected our dealings with T-Mobile to be over.

To our surprise, come December we received yet another bill from T-Mobile (dated 12/7) claiming we owe them $YY.YY for the charge we disputed with our credit card and $ZZ.ZZ for insufficient funds (for the dispute) -- for a total of $BB.BB calling T-Mobile on 12/14 , but after over 1 hr on the phone with various support representatives -- they could not fix our bill . We were told that a manager would call us back within 2 hours -- but the call never arrived. We have now received a pre-collections notice for the $BB.BB. We have sent complaints to both the FCC and BBB regarding this billing issue -- hopefully they will have better luck.

T-Mobile, we’d like for you to please fix this bill so that we owe nothing. Please send us official notification of this via mail.

Member Summary

T mobile (86.46kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Are you expecting someone from T-Mobile to read this post and respond to you? I don't think that is ever going to happen, not because they are a bad company, just because that is not a reasonable thought, but I see you are an ancient member so I'm sure you know that.

I have had T-Mobile for 10 years or more, never a problem and really good customer service. Certainly your situation is an odd one, I would try to go into a real T-Mobile store if you have that option.

I can't imagine why T-Mobile should eat the next day air charges in this situation.

Craigslist Rants and Raves is down the hall...

if you have problem with TMO and it is a legit complaint, deal with them directly , file BBB complaint! I have done that before but complaining here in FW is nonsense!

what?

LorenPechtel said:   I can't imagine why T-Mobile should eat the next day air charges in this situation.

i actually cancelled the service b4 they mailed out the cards. They said they couldn't stop the sim cards from being mailed out, but would refund the next day shipping charges. I asked, they agreed to waive the shipping charges -- that's why they should eat it.

At zappos, when you buy a pair of sneakers, and change your mind, return shipping as well as shipping to you is free. Why? Because that's Zappos policy. If T-Mobile had simply told me, no we can't refund your shipping charges, I would've been mildly irked and moved on and paid those charges. But they agreed to refund those charges, so I expect them to stand by that refund.

lorimcp said:   Are you expecting someone from T-Mobile to read this post and respond to you? I don't think that is ever going to happen, not because they are a bad company, just because that is not a reasonable thought, but I see you are an ancient member so I'm sure you know that.

I have had T-Mobile for 10 years or more, never a problem and really good customer service. Certainly your situation is an odd one, I would try to go into a real T-Mobile store if you have that option.

No just as your experience gives another consumer reason to consider T-Mobile as their provider, I wanted to share my experience, such that when customers consider their "great" deals, that they understand the cost of that good deal.

I wish there was a rant/tantrum section in the FW forums so the deal discussion section wouldn't get spammed with these threads... wait I am now ranting....

Zuke76 said:   I wish there was a rant/tantrum section in the FW forums so the deal discussion section wouldn't get spammed with these threads...

Couldn't have put it better..

Mods please move my thread to the Tantrum/Rants section!

T-Mobile has finally agreed to 0 out all charges. (direct response to BBB complaint)

To Whom It May Concern:

T-Mobile USA, Inc. ("T-Mobile") is in receipt of your letter dated December 19, 2012 regarding Mr. XXXXX XXXXX's above-referenced account.

In an effort to amicably resolve this matter, on December 24, 2012 a credit in the amount of $XX.XX was applied to Mr. XXXXX's account, which is comprised of a prorated monthly recurring fees, a returned payment fee and applicable taxes incurred on the November 2012 and December 2012 billing statement. Mr. XXXXX's account remains closed with a zero balance.

Based upon the foregoing, we respectfully request that this complaint against T-Mobile be closed.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX extension XXX-XXXX.

Very truly yours,

T-Mobile USA, INC.

Oh boy. You masked out every single identifiable info. from your posts, including figures, yet you left out your name??

What pisses me off is that tmobile refunded the charges. I wish companies would grow a damn spine, it seems like companies are asking to be walked all over nowadays by people who are indecisive, out to scam them, or are just plain whining.

The more companies bend to the consumer the higher prices go for the rest of us that think before buying and accept when we make a bad purchasing decision.

technolich said:   What pisses me off is that tmobile refunded the charges. I wish companies would grow a damn spine, it seems like companies are asking to be walked all over nowadays by people who are indecisive, out to scam them, or are just plain whining.

The more companies bend to the consumer the higher prices go for the rest of us that think before buying and accept when we make a bad purchasing decision.

Their resources aren't worth being wasted on dealing with the OP.

I would have accepted T-Mobile billing me the $12 for next day air -- as I said. But they agreed to waive it. Once they agreed to waive it - I expect them to stand by that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014