• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I am reading a series and the 3rd book is only a few month old and it's 8 at Amazon 10 at B&N and 10.99 itunes to download. It's taking a bit to get in from the library which made me start looking.

I did a search for a cheaper download and came across some saying ti was free as an Epub type pdf or in acrobat form. One started dowloading as soon as I opened the page to view. Very annoying.

I wanted to know if these places are legit and safe? Does anyone use them? I have used guttenburg? to download to my nook color but, never did a random search. Wondering who to also trust.

Member Summary

Can you post a link to the specific sites in question?

Save yourself a headache, try these
BookLending.com
ebookfling.com

The program calibre will convert the books to any format you want

Jlovey2 said:   I am reading a series and the 3rd book is only a few month old and it's 8 at Amazon 10 at B&N and 10.99 itunes to download. It's taking a bit to get in from the library which made me start looking.

I did a search for a cheaper download and came across some saying ti was free as an Epub type pdf or in acrobat form. One started dowloading as soon as I opened the page to view. Very annoying.

I wanted to know if these places are legit and safe? Does anyone use them? I have used guttenburg? to download to my nook color but, never did a random search. Wondering who to also trust.

Be suspicious of any site that offers free content (books, movies, music) that known sites charge for. In the best case, you'll download an illegal copy, in the worst, you'll get malware.

bb6619 said:   Save yourself a headache, try these
BookLending.com
ebookfling.com

The program calibre will convert the books to any format you want

Thanks I tried book lending but, it's telling me a long wait for there too. I'm going to try a further different library system and see how I fare. In my county I'm 28th there are only 4 copies for the whole system. My basic problem with checking with the libraries is snow. They were closed 5 days this week with holidays and snow.

Ebookfling is telling me I might be able to find it there so I'm trying to decide to try it.

aleck said:   Jlovey2 said:   I am reading a series and the 3rd book is only a few month old and it's 8 at Amazon 10 at B&N and 10.99 itunes to download. It's taking a bit to get in from the library which made me start looking.

Be suspicious of any site that offers free content (books, movies, music) that known sites charge for. In the best case, you'll download an illegal copy, in the worst, you'll get malware.

I got worried about malware. Esp on the one that essentially attacked me with a download. It's why I dont want to publish the sites that came up.

Thanks so much for the idea ebookfling gave me the download for signing up. Already read a few chapters

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014