• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
So I placed an order on December the 10th, and had it shipped to a PO Box. I have emailed them twice, and called them three times. Each time I get a promise for a call-back, or a follow-up at a later date. Worse still, the transaction is pending on Paypal, and can't be disputed through there.

Save the aggravation and goto a real carrier folks.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

So let me understand:
1) You provided paypal to Virgin Mobile that hasn't been completed (per Paypal)

But you have a beef with Virgin Mobile's customer service? Note VM's call centers seem to be overseas, so I don't know if they could call you back. However, if the payment is incomplete, I'd be checking in with Paypal first.. It's unlikely that this incident makes VM a "crook" - so how about a little less spin?

I'm no advocate for Virgin Mobile (Sprint) customer service, but it seems like there is a little more to the story.

Another HAWT deal. Sigh...

Yup it's a PayPal issue, not Virgin Mobile.

Yup it's a PayPal issue, not Virgin Mobile.

I avoid PayPal at all costs. Never pay with them if at all possible and always use a credit card.

Double post

Didn't know that VM would ship to a PO box. How do you get proof of delivery?

kshell said:   Didn't know that VM would ship to a PO box. How do you get proof of delivery?

By sending it with USPS Signature Confirmation.

isobro said:   I avoid PayPal at all costs. Never pay with them if at all possible and always use a credit card.

PayPal is great. I use the PayPal debit MasterCard all the time as credit, and get 1.5% Cash Back!! [It's now 1% Cash Back, but I was grandfathered.]

I agree with the OP. VM does suck. Go with Verizon Business or Sprint Business (not personal). I am going to get Sprint with unlimited data, and tether to my laptop for free with software I bought at Fry's Electronics. So I will have unlimited data on both my phone and laptop.

VM doesn't ship to PO boxes it says that right on the checkout page but if you apply for Street Addressing from the post office VM would think that its a house address

lets say you have a pob 123 and your post office is located at 456 main st your street address is

your name
456 main st #123
city, state

the post office started doing this because they were losing money to the private mail box firms

mileena said:   kshell said:   Didn't know that VM would ship to a PO box. How do you get proof of delivery?

By sending it with USPS Signature Confirmation.
VM is under no obligation to use USPS. Plus how do you dispute validity of a signature?

SuperET said:   VM doesn't ship to PO boxes it says that right on the checkout page but if you apply for Street Addressing from the post office VM would think that its a house address

lets say you have a pob 123 and your post office is located at 456 main st your street address is

your name
456 main st #123
city, state

the post office started doing this because they were losing money to the private mail box firms


Interesting, I didn't know about this option. People could actually abuse this option by sending rebates to a USPS street address where the rebate says "no PO Boxes", although it would technically be legal since a street address was used.

Note: VM doesn't ship to PO Boxes because they ship by UPS or FedEx. VM will ship to a USPS street address without problem since they accept UPS or FedEx deliveries, as long as the item is addressed correctly (uses only "#" in front of the PO Box number, not "Suite #" or "Unit #" or "Apt. #", etc.).

kshell said:   mileena said:   kshell said:   Didn't know that VM would ship to a PO box. How do you get proof of delivery?

By sending it with USPS Signature Confirmation.
VM is under no obligation to use USPS. Plus how do you dispute validity of a signature?


If you pick up the package at USPS, they require ID unless they know you personally. For a PO Box, if the item were sent with Signature Confirmation, they would hold it at the window until you appeared and signed and produced ID that showed you were the addressee or lived at the same address as the addressee. I don't know about mail carriers (but then you could just have them send it UPS or FedEx instead since you are using a street address), but I know you can dispute the signature. It's probably more complex than UPS or FedEx though, as is everything with USPS.

isobro said:   I avoid PayPal at all costs. Never pay with them if at all possible and always use a credit card.

Triple!

isobro said:   I avoid PayPal at all costs. Never pay with them if at all possible and always use a credit card.

Home run! <does a chair dance>

mileena said:   kshell said:   mileena said:   kshell said:   Didn't know that VM would ship to a PO box. How do you get proof of delivery?

By sending it with USPS Signature Confirmation.
VM is under no obligation to use USPS. Plus how do you dispute validity of a signature?


If you pick up the package at USPS, they require ID unless they know you personally. For a PO Box, if the item were sent with Signature Confirmation, they would hold it at the window until you appeared and signed and produced ID that showed you were the addressee or lived at the same address as the addressee. I don't know about mail carriers (but then you could just have them send it UPS or FedEx instead since you are using a street address), but I know you can dispute the signature. It's probably more complex than UPS or FedEx though, as is everything with USPS.



if you use Street Addressing from the PO them make you sign a Signature Card, i sent my phone from VM to my pob with no problems



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014