• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
through a link in an email, I can see I have promotional credits that I was unaware of.
Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?&docId=1000797681#gc
Press "Enter Your Code" and it will pull up all of your available credits.

In my case, Your Balances
Amazon GIFT CARD $25.00
Amazon MP3 $2.00
Amazon INSTANT VIDEO $0.00
KINDLE EDITIONS $0.00
SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES DOWNLOADS $39.88

I have no clue what the "$39.88" is for. I don't know how I got it. I don't know if it expires.

I know about the pages that track the gift card balance. That's pretty easy. I do have questions about the other promotional credits.

Questions:
- Other than the email link, how do I get to the page that shows all my credits?
- Is there a page that shows how you got the credits?
- Is there a page that shows if the credits expire?
- Is there a page that shows the credits usage?

Their help page is useless. It claims that you can track your usage by looking at your invoices.

Update:
I contacted them via phone through their call me form. The CS rep that called me had no clue about the promotional credits. He couldn't answer almost any question. Some of the answers he gave were incorrect. So far, I've not been able to get the answers to these questions from Amazon. I've sent them an email as well.

Member Summary
Amazon customer service didn't provide any useful answers. It's up to us to find workarounds.
Finding your available credits
Workaround #1:
You can view all 6 credit boxes from the Instant Video page. They've removed the boxes from the MP3 page.

Workaround #2:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661 Click "Check Balance"

Workaround #3:
Follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?&docId=1000797681#gc Click "Enter Your Code"

How did you get the credits?
Workaround #1: look through your email history.

When do your credits expire?
Workaround #1: look through your email history. Good luck keeping track of them.

View credit usage:
Workaround #1: open up all of your invoices one by one until you see a credit used. Hopefully that's the credit you were thinking of.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

you can get the totals on any VOD or MP3 product page by clicking on the "redeem a gift card or promotional code" under the purchase buttons in the top right. Some of those credits are conditional though, and may not apply to your current purchase.

It does NOT, however, track promotions - only gift card values. If you have a promotion like $5 off $25 or something there is noplace in the world it will shop up until its automatically applied at the final stage of checkout.

Its pretty frustrating because there are frequent times, at least for me, that you don't know what you will pay until after you have paid. I've contacted AMZ on many occasions about this and they always make it right after the fact, but its still a pita for me at the time.

skarydrunkguy said:   you can get the totals on any VOD or MP3 product page by clicking on the "redeem a gift card or promotional code" under the purchase buttons in the top right. Some of those credits are conditional though, and may not apply to your current purchase.

Yeah, that's how I have been doing it in the past. I wasn't aware that it hides everything non-MP3 related, though. When I click that on the MP3 screen, it only shows the MP3 credits.

skarydrunkguy said:   It does NOT, however, track promotions - only gift card values. If you have a promotion like $5 off $25 or something there is noplace in the world it will shop up until its automatically applied at the final stage of checkout.

Its pretty frustrating because there are frequent times, at least for me, that you don't know what you will pay until after you have paid. I've contacted AMZ on many occasions about this and they always make it right after the fact, but its still a pita for me at the time.

That's how I feel.

riznick said:   skarydrunkguy said:   you can get the totals on any VOD or MP3 product page by clicking on the "redeem a gift card or promotional code" under the purchase buttons in the top right. Some of those credits are conditional though, and may not apply to your current purchase.

Yeah, that's how I have been doing it in the past. I wasn't aware that it hides everything non-MP3 related, though. When I click that on the MP3 screen, it only shows the MP3 credits.

This is a recent change. It used to show five or six different credits from an MP3 page. Now it's just the general gift card balance and the MP3 balance.

I checked from an Instant Video page and it shows six categories of credits in the pop-up. But they may be in the process of changing all of these...

AFAIK there is no way to locate expiration dates or the terms of the promotional credits. This is something you have to keep track of separately. As for seeing past promotions, again AFAIK you have to go through your order history.

It's a download credit toward their digital games store, sometimes if you buy video games or consoles they offer you a rebate back towards digital copies of games, and they show up there. Most people, like yourself, don't even notice they were offered this credit, and it doesn't show up on the receipt. You can also get this from trading in games during certain promotions, maybe you even returned a game. In any case, it's video game related, and if you go to Amazon's digital game store, you can use it.

bikerunbrian said:   It's a download credit toward their digital games store, sometimes if you buy video games or consoles they offer you a rebate back towards digital copies of games, and they show up there. Most people, like yourself, don't even notice they were offered this credit, and it doesn't show up on the receipt. You can also get this from trading in games during certain promotions, maybe you even returned a game. In any case, it's video game related, and if you go to Amazon's digital game store, you can use it.
It's very confusing though. I received 3 e-mail notifications on promotional credits in December but each of them could only be applied toward one specific game/bundle. Also for a while the same amount showed up under MP3 and Instant Video categories. I had to talk to them to cancel a 1-click video rental as the credits were not applied. I beleive the inconsistency is now fixed.

So I've tried for 2 days to get an answer from Amazon support. I have 3 email responses and one phone experience. It is apparent that the CS reps don't even know.

It seems that the official answer is:
1. The only way to find out your promotional balance is to view a product that allows for that type of promotional balance. You'll see a link near the "buy" button.
2. Add the product to your account. If you see a promotional credit, then you can use that promotional credit on that order. If you don't, then that product isn't eligible for the credit that you have.

I have no clue what this is...

I don't know how to redeem it. I've begged Amazon to name one product that I could use it on. Even they have no idea.

search ur inbox
Disclaimer
riznick said:   I have no clue what this is...

I don't know how to redeem it. I've begged Amazon to name one product that I could use it on. Even they have no idea.

I thought you might get a kick out of this screenshot. This is on the main Digital Games landing page. It seems slightly embarrassing for Amaz0n that they have to tell you to search your email inbox to maybe figure out if you might have a credit!

As for redeeming your credit, does it not work on Lego LOTR? That would be my choice; Batman Arkham City also gets insanely good reviews. IIWY I would just buy a game or software (Turb0Tax maybe?) that you want, and if the credit doesn't apply, call Amaz0n immediately and have them reverse the charge.

riznick said:   I have no clue what this is...

I don't know how to redeem it.

You do "have a clue" since you've been told what they are...and how to redeem them along with where to find the expiration dates.

You have also been explained they are free add-on...so if you don't use them...you are not out any money.

You also have the option to use them...and if some odd reason they do not apply to your "software/video game download" purchase, contact Amazon to correct it.

Again, this should not be hard for you to follow these steps to solve your "mystery."

respdoc said:   You do "have a clue" since you've been told what they are...and how to redeem them along with where to find the expiration dates.
In my email? Not all of them are in my email. Maybe a couple got blocked. Maybe I deleted them when I got them. Now what?

respdoc said:   You have also been explained they are free add-on...so if you don't use them...you are not out any money.
It's not been explained. All of the $39.88 is a free add-on? Could it be multiple credits with different expirations for specific products? Amazon customer service couldn't even explain it. I have 4-5

respdoc said:   You also have the option to use them...and if some odd reason they do not apply to your "software/video game download" purchase, contact Amazon to correct it.
Contacting Amazon has been less than helpful. You know this. It's posted above. I know you specifically are aware that I have contacted Amazon multiple times.

respdoc said:   Again, this should not be hard for you to follow these steps to solve your "mystery."
That's the whole point of this thread. It seems that there's a lot of people who agree with me that it is NOT easy. I was hoping there would be an easier user friendly way to find this stuff out.

Look at all the above posts. So far we have a couple of work-arounds. Amazon has definitely neglected the promotional credit feature.

From Amazon:

From your comments I understand that you would like to see the 'Terms & Conditions' for the promotional offer for your order.However, if there is any offer to your order you'll be receiving an email regarding the offer and you'll be able to view the Terms and Conditions.

Another response:
Please understand that at this point of time, there is no way to see the Promotional balance in your account.Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order. You'll see eligible funds automatically applied.

In their latest response (which I just got), they actually provided me with detailed information about the credits. It took quite a few attempts to get that information, but finally it was handled by someone who knew what they were doing and that cared. Keep in mind, it took a few days to get these responses.

The beauty of a social outlet such as Fatwallet is that I can get a useful answer much more quickly. We might get better answers than from the company in question. This information can benefit others in the forum. This information can also bring new users to the forum via search engines like Google.

Unfortunately, the answer to the original question is "there is no easy way to track Amazon Promotional Credits".

I had a $40 promotional credit resulting from the Amazon purchase of a Braun shaver. From the best I could guess from looking at the purchase breakdown of charges and credits: It appears they applied part of that $40 credit on my next purchase (an approx. $25 purchase), but left a remaining five dollars and change balance from that purchase for me to pay with my credit card. So they didn't pay off the entire $25 amount of that next purchase from the $40 promotional balance credit.

Why!?!?

On the next purchase a few weeks later, again, some vague extra discount was applied, which I can only assume was the remaining balance of that $40 credit.

So annoying that they don't provide more transparency about this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014