• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I ran across this site. I'm currently requesting a quote through a few companies and will report back on how close the estimate appears. Can anyone else confirm the accuracy of quotes from this site?

RateKick

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks

I ran it for the 2 cars I have and it seems to be quoting the insurance rates almost the same price to what I'm paying. It doesn't make sense because my car insurance rates includes multi-policy (home + car) and various other discounts. I have shopped around and the rate I'm paying now is very low.

Total BS for me. Says Travelers and Progressive are cheapest for me but when I ran quotes at each respective site still came in at $2k a year for me. Going to try the snapshot thing from Progressive for me and the wife. I live 2 miles from work so might be some savings assuming I can drive like a granny.

Does anyone know of a site where you can see what difference moving makes to your rate? I.e., you can compare zip codes?

I just went thru the quote process for 2 cars and our home. No company came close to what we are paying (542 semi for a 2009 Santa Fa abd 2005 Sentra and 373 yearly for a 150k home). We have AAA and have to pay 35/year to belong in order to apply for the insurance. I've been comparing for the last 6 years and the only one who came anywhere close was 21st Century.

I did the snapshot with progressive last year starting Match and was done with it by August, where they asked for the device back. Saved me 30% (maximum) on each car. Yes, we did drive more carefuly thought, not to brake hard but still continue to drive same distance and for us it's 70 miles a day to and from work. 6 months sacrifise was definatly worth the 30% savings

I filled out the link to RateKick. I thought I would get a call from the ONE insurance company I selected with the best rates. WRONG! Within five minutes I received two calls and 5 emails. I am being inundated. DO NOT USE THIS SITE unless you want to be spammed and called all day.

call your own company and they will do a new policy for you. saving of 100-200 per six months

The site SUCKS BIG TIME...

I change Towing, it changes Rental.

I selected Travelers but received calls from Allstate.

I suggested an evening call but they called in the morning.

At least they call about insurance, not lumber sales...

lszyjka said:   I did the snapshot with progressive last year starting Match and was done with it by August, where they asked for the device back. Saved me 30% (maximum) on each car. Yes, we did drive more carefuly thought, not to brake hard but still continue to drive same distance and for us it's 70 miles a day to and from work. 6 months sacrifise was definatly worth the 30% savings

i did that too, than my rate increase. so the saving is not all that big for the final $.

i called to ask why my rate increase, they said it increase for everyone and nothing that i personally did.

thanks

Don't think its quite accurate but I thought this was interesting. Credit Rating Superior (846 or higher). 800 yeah most can do..but 846..can you actually get 846 ?

Sorry guys I ran through the script and stopped short of going through the direct sites to get actual quotes. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I used RATEKICK.com and it worked for me and my husband, saved $275.52 cents. very accurate comparisons.

try ratekick.com, you can see changes in prices instrantly for different zip codes by car, very easy tool.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014