• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Buy a CD - MP3 is FREE
Disclaimer
Details here

More on the Amazon Home page at the moment

Dear Customers,

What would you say if you bought music CDs from a company 15 years ago...and then 15 years later that company licensed the rights from the record companies to give you the MP3 versions of those CDs...and then to top it off, did that for you automatically and for free? Well...we call it Amazon AutoRip and it’s available starting today.
Buy an AutoRip CD, Get the MP3 Version for FREE

Over the last 15 years, tens of millions of customers have purchased hundreds of millions of CDs from Amazon. Check your Amazon Cloud Player library to see what’s available...at no cost to you...right now.

Amazon AutoRip applies to new CD purchases too. Just look for the AutoRip logo when shopping at Amazon:
Shop AutoRip CDs

There are over 50,000 AutoRip CDs available today on Amazon, including a wide range of best sellers, recent releases and classics such as 21 by Adele, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tre! by Green Day, Overexposed by Maroon 5, The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, and Thriller by Michael Jackson. Keep checking back, because we’re adding more AutoRip titles every day.

We love these opportunities to do something extra for our customers.

Thank you for being a customer,

Jeff Bezos
Founder & CEO

Found this on CNN too
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/10/tech/web/amazon-free-mp3s/index.ht...

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

the video says they will load all CDs you bought since 1998

KKDowing said:   the video says they will load all CDs you bought since 1998

Yes it applies to all eligible CDs.

Yep, I had a bunch of new files in my cloud drive this morning. Kind of embarrassing to see the music I was buying 10-15 years ago!

satchelsofgold said:   Yep, I had a bunch of new files in my cloud drive this morning. Kind of embarrassing to see the music I was buying 10-15 years ago!

you can always delete anything from the cloud that you do not want.

satchelsofgold said:   Yep, I had a bunch of new files in my cloud drive this morning. Kind of embarrassing to see the music I was buying 10-15 years ago!
I'm just the opposite!
Now I have all the CDs I've bought for my kids the past few years in my cloud drive.
Good thing it's password protected!

archena said:   KKDowing said:   the video says they will load all CDs you bought since 1998

Albums purchased in orders including one or more items marked as "gifts" at purchase are not eligible for AutoRip.

mungbai said:   archena said:   KKDowing said:   the video says they will load all CDs you bought since 1998

Albums purchased in orders including one or more items marked as "gifts" at purchase are not eligible for AutoRip.

not unless you gifted these to someone if you received a gift from Amazon these are still available.

never bought a CD from Amazon, sucks to be me.

FrugalFreak said:   never bought a CD from Amazon, sucks to be me.

I think most are like that now with so many MP3 deals

I've purchased dozens of MP3 albums on Amaz0n through free credit deals. At least 40% of the time, they are lossy transcodes. This means that there is a hard cutoff in the frequencies @ 16kHz or less. MP3 V0/CBR 256 should not be this way. You are much better off ripping your own MP3s from the CD.

Edit: I forgot to mention MP3s suck anyway. Rip the CD to FLAC.

Amazon proves once again they are a customer driven company. No other provider gives as many opportunites for free music and deeply discounted music. I will say with Amazon and refuse to take a bite out of the apple.

Just got MP3s of 6 CDs I bought and two of them were gifts that I didn't buy for myself. That was nice.

bm22 said:   Just got MP3s of 6 CDs I bought and two of them were gifts that I didn't buy for myself. That was nice.yeah, i sent a girl a gits CD a few years back. then Amazon sent me the email "hey, you have 'frenching the bully' on your cloud drive." t3h awesome!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014