• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I hammered search 10 different ways and didn't find anything (though I do remember this being discussed in a thread)... so much for Search.

I have about $100 in Target "e-giftcards" that I want to use in store. I don't believe I can use them directly in store. Can someone suggest a proven method for making this happen? ie, buy something online, then return in store for credit... or ???

Member Summary

Maybe I can answer my own question. According to Target.com here. It seems to indicate that I can convert eGCs to MobileGCs, and then MobileGCs can be used in store.

I had a MobileGC account from the Christmas GC deal, and so I "loaded" the card numbers and PINs, and it shows correct balance. Now, I'll try to pull them up on my phone in store and see if I can buy.

same q for WalMart? can I buy a GC instore with a printout?

same q for WalMart? can I buy a GC instore with a printout?

vickh said:   same q for WalMart? can I buy a GC instore with a printout?

Yes, you can. i recently did that at my Wal-Mart Customer Service desk.

labboypro said:   Maybe I can answer my own question. According to Target.com here. It seems to indicate that I can convert eGCs to MobileGCs, and then MobileGCs can be used in store.

I had a MobileGC account from the Christmas GC deal, and so I "loaded" the card numbers and PINs, and it shows correct balance. Now, I'll try to pull them up on my phone in store and see if I can buy.

I've done it many times. You can go to customer service with your phone and get that transferred to a regular gift card. In essence you're buying a gift card with a gift card.

I use Target eGiftCards for IN-STORE purchases all the time. They will accept it

That is interesting then....I was always under the impression that Target didn't accept online gift cards in store for any reason at all.

You can load any gift card to your target.com account and bring it into store on a smartphone.
(If using an Ipod or some other non-internet device, make sure you have the square 'funny looking' bar-code pulled up. Target employees seem to be able to do nothing with just the gift card numbers / information.)
I use this same feature to share gift card with significant other. I keep physical gift card with me, they have ability to use the same gift card VIA their Ipod. - Initially I only had a digital gift card. I purchased a physical gift card, then loaded the new gift card to my Target account.

I've purchased a gift card using a gift card for payment many times (Most recently during the last month).

- For those wondering about the $10 on $50 coupon last month, it was restrictions on the coupon itself that kept the deal from working with gift cards. Apart from finding a clueless employee you will have no trouble buying a gift card with another gift card. (Don't mention you will be paying with a gift card, just pull it out once you are ready to pay.)

muskmelon said:   vickh said:   same q for WalMart? can I buy a GC instore with a printout?

Yes, you can. i recently did that at my Wal-Mart Customer Service desk.

How about WalMart e-gc from plastic jungle? the prinout is not from WalMart directly

As long as there is a gc number it will work at WalMart. They can manual punch it in

mrlemm said:   As long as there is a gc number it will work at WalMart. They can manual punch it in

Sure but you'll be at the register for at least half an hour while multiple supervisors have to be called. I can barely make it out of my WalMart with a standard plastic WalMart GC without enduring a lengthy hassle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014