• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary

Maybe I'm wrong but if I'm on FW... I'm not going to spend an extra $40 to board faster. Since people don't follow the carry on guide lines, this would make sense. Damn I hate flying Coach.

why do some one wants to board early anyways by paying 40$ ? The flight leaves only after every one boarded.
Infact I like boarding last, since dont need to wait in line...

40 bucks ... Just to avoid sitting in the middle seat for 2 hrs. Crazy.

I just flew home on Southwest yesterday. I paid $0 but registered exactly 24 hours before my flight. Both times I got A45ish. That was good enough for a window in row 3 or 5 or anything in the middle/back. There weren't any luxury seats on the plane...your 40 dollars would be better spent on flying another airline if you really care that much.

ebestbuy said:   why do some one wants to board early anyways by paying 40$ ? The flight leaves only after every one boarded.

Southwest has open seating. If you board last, you'll probably get a center seat and maybe no overhead bin space and have to check your carry-on bag.

The new system will only be available if there are A-list slots open. That seems to happen fairly often: people check in and change their flights (so they had say A-20 and now that slot is vacant because they're on a different flight) or A 1-15 aren't full because there weren't 15 Business Select passengers using those slots. I love Southwest and never pay for "Early Bird" check-in - I always check in 24 hours ahead on the dot and still get in the B group but usually A group. And that's all that really matters to me: getting on early enough to get an aisle seat and overhead bin space. I see no need to pay extra to jump the line, unless something happened and I checked in late or something. (Even then, not sure I'd pay $40 to avoid a center seat - but if it's a long flight and I definitely DO NOT want to check my bag? Depends on the situation.)

ahallfatwallett said:   ebestbuy said:   why do some one wants to board early anyways by paying 40$ ? The flight leaves only after every one boarded.

Southwest has open seating. If you board last, you'll probably get a center seat and maybe no overhead bin space and have to check your carry-on bag.

The new system will only be available if there are A-list slots open. That seems to happen fairly often: people check in and change their flights (so they had say A-20 and now that slot is vacant because they're on a different flight) or A 1-15 aren't full because there weren't 15 Business Select passengers using those slots. I love Southwest and never pay for "Early Bird" check-in - I always check in 24 hours ahead on the dot and still get in the B group but usually A group. And that's all that really matters to me: getting on early enough to get an aisle seat and overhead bin space. I see no need to pay extra to jump the line, unless something happened and I checked in late or something. (Even then, not sure I'd pay $40 to avoid a center seat - but if it's a long flight and I definitely DO NOT want to check my bag? Depends on the situation.)

good information.
May be in last 5 years i boarded 4 times on southwest and I guess all times i got almost last but still aisle or window seat...that means the flight was not too crowded..
but tru if its crowded you might want to get in early.. Airlines are trying hard to get cents from passengers...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014