Will Target price match this deal from Meijer?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

sodastream (926.79kB)
Disclaimer
So I have never actually asked a store to price match before - and I don't know what the limitations are.

meijer has a pretty sweet deal this week for SodaStream mix (attached pic).

Buy one at $4.99 and get 2 free. The only stipulations are "no rainchecks" and "while supplies last"

Question is will Target (or another store like Staples, etc) price match a deal like this?

I looked at the target policy here and still am conflicted.

They state under exclusions:

"Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement." - so this seems like we are safe because the price *is* in the ad. Additionally, since they state here that they will honor BOGO type offers as long as the retail price *is* shown - I would expect them to honor it.

However the policy also states:

"Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity." - Now the meijer Ad does state "While supplies last" - but isn't this really true of anything a store sells? I mean all sale type prices are generally only for a "limited time" and a store only carries so much "supply." It would seem that this exclusion pretty much is a catch all for Target to deny anything.

Anyone have insight into if this might be honored or not?

BTW - I ask this because I actually drove out to a meijer about 10 miles away and the didn't have the item (i.e. didn't carry it). I was a little pissed because on their online site I checked two stores: One store did not list this Ad as applicable - seemingly because they are grocery only. The second store (the one I went to) did list this in their Ad, and although they have a few isles of non-grocery - they still didn't carry this item.

I also didn't see any flyers at the local meijer - so I'm not sure this counts as a local printed Ad as per Target's other exclusions.

any assistance as to how I might be able to score these is appreciated!

Member Summary

Target probably will but you have to have a local meijer

BenH said:   So I have never actually asked a store to price match before - and I don't know what the limitations are.

meijer has a pretty sweet deal this week for SodaStream mix (attached pic).

Buy one at $4.99 and get 2 free. The only stipulations are "no rainchecks" and "while supplies last"

Question is will Target (or another store like Staples, etc) price match a deal like this?

I looked at the target policy here and still am conflicted.

They state under exclusions:

"Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement." - so this seems like we are safe because the price *is* in the ad. Additionally, since they state here that they will honor BOGO type offers as long as the retail price *is* shown - I would expect them to honor it.

However the policy also states:

"Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity." - Now the meijer Ad does state "While supplies last" - but isn't this really true of anything a store sells? I mean all sale type prices are generally only for a "limited time" and a store only carries so much "supply." It would seem that this exclusion pretty much is a catch all for Target to deny anything.
Anyone have insight into if this might be honored or not?

BTW - I ask this because I actually drove out to a meijer about 10 miles away and the didn't have the item (i.e. didn't carry it). I was a little pissed because on their online site I checked two stores: One store did not list this Ad as applicable - seemingly because they are grocery only. The second store (the one I went to) did list this in their Ad, and although they have a few isles of non-grocery - they still didn't carry this item.

I also didn't see any flyers at the local meijer - so I'm not sure this counts as a local printed Ad as per Target's other exclusions.

any assistance as to how I might be able to score these is appreciated!

You are kidding, right? That sounds like pretty desperate logic that a 5 y/o would use when caught in a cookie jar.

Good luck with that one!

BenH said:   "Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity." - Now the meijer Ad does state "While supplies last" - but isn't this really true of anything a store sells?
No, because rainchecks exist.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014