• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Just sold my SERO & TP2 for $150 on Craigslist to a quasi-local family who already had 5 of them!

It can be done, my buyer was a persistent mother who kept trying and the TOL (Transfer of Liability) took 7 phone calls to get a CS rep to help out, but it's done!!

She was told everything under the sun by the first six unhelpful/stonewalling reps--"you have to sign forms and wait at least 5 days for the paperwork to clear," "cannot be done," "supervisor says it's a different type of service, bla, bla, bla"

In both of our experiences, Sprint is the most arbitrary company on the planet--clearly, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. And their customer service was really good after Dan Hesse took over, but it's right back to the same old lame, relatively unhelpful garbage again. Shame, too, because having four main carriers is key to competition, which benefits consumers.

It was fun while it lasted, but time to de-SERO for me (couldn't find anyone to hack the ESN on a better phone--I just wanted a basic Android unit--so I gave up, but not before I sold my brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 "upgrade" for $400 cash and my SERO/TP2 for $150. Not bad at all!).

Good Luck.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I had a few SERO plans but ever since Sprint went Mickey Mouse with these plans I couldn't wait to get away from them. F... (more)

dribble (Sep. 07, 2014 @ 2:50a) |

Have a $50 SERO Plan with premium data services, which means you can get any smartphone on it. Giving the plan and its c... (more)

gautamsethi (Sep. 15, 2014 @ 11:42p) |

I've got two SERO-P ($50/month) plans I need to get rid of. PM with your best offer. You need to have a SERO or EPRP acc... (more)

siraloz (Sep. 28, 2014 @ 11:17a) |

I have a $40 SERO Premium account with no contract and upgrade is available now. PM with offers. Thanks! (I'm in Los Angeles)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
So what plan (carrier) are you going for? Did you find something with SERO like features for under $50? (unlimited text/data and 500 minutes + Mobile to AnyMobile)

rated:
StraightTalk...$45 (or less) a month. Toss the AT&T SIM into a Nexus 4.
Tough to beat that performance and service for the cost.

rated:
What is quasi-local ?

rated:
josejohn said:   So what plan (carrier) are you going for? Did you find something with SERO like features for under $50? (unlimited text/data and 500 minutes + Mobile to AnyMobile)

I did an absolute mountain of research before jumping. My $30 SERO, with junk fees and taxes was $37.70/mo. I was using a Touch Pro2, which is a totally antiquated, WinMo 6 phone that needs to be put out to pasture...

This is how I proceeded...

Platinum Tel (www.platinumtel.com) works on the T-Mobile network... I'm testing it right now with their REAL Paygo service on a very nice Pantech Burst (I purchased 4 more on eBay and craigslist for about $100/ea. for family & friends):

Voice = 0.05/min.
20 mins. = $1.00
200 mins. = $10

text = 0.02 each (SMS or MMS)

A $50 card lasts for 6 mo. w/o expiry.

and there was $20 off that on this thread, so you can see if it still works and scoop a free SIM and $50 worth for $30:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1250373/

I also ordered a few T-Mobile microSIM cards that can be used with their two $30/mo. plans:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

I'm trying to figure out which of T-Mobile's two $30 plans to try out:

- 1,500 voice/text & 30mb web

- 100 voice Unlimited text & Web Unlimited* (First 5GB at up to 4G speeds)

rated:
ellory said:   What is quasi-local ?

They live about 1.5 hour drive away, so not the "I live in Florida with a Nigerian accent" scam.

rated:
How much did you have to pay for your upgraded Galaxy S3? My Sero plan is about to expire and I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Is it true that you can only do a TOL to someone that already has a SERO line? I bought mine about 3 years ago and I never had a SERO line. We met at a store and it took the lady at the store 3 reps to find someone to do it for us.

rated:
Just an FYI, if you go to a Sprint store and change to a consumer plan you can upgrade anywhere.. then call Sprint employee care and they will change your plan back. Just tell them the store changed it because they didn't know what they were doing.. I have a few SERO and do this to upgrade at BestBuy.

rated:
klbarnes1 said:   How much did you have to pay for your upgraded Galaxy S3? My Sero plan is about to expire and I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Is it true that you can only do a TOL to someone that already has a SERO line? I bought mine about 3 years ago and I never had a SERO line. We met at a store and it took the lady at the store 3 reps to find someone to do it for us.

I've not heard or seen any posts about anyone doing it for anyone other than a current SERO holder, but we all know just how crazy Sprint's arbitrary customer service capabilities are...

SGS3?? Black Friday $0.99...

Hey, I'm not just another pretty face--deals take a big chunk out of my day!

rated:
TP2 can run android. I use the he11 out of my SERO unlimited data with it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1965459

rated:
Do you know if I can switch from a normal plan to a sero plan on Sprint? I'm still under contract.

rated:
I guess I got lucky. The guy was giving away the Sero line with a crappy phone for free. And it only had about 3 months left on the contract when I got it. He posted it on craigslist and I was lucky enough to call him 1st. I would stay with Sprint but I'm in Detroit and no 4g or 4g lte really ticks me off. Plus we have no idea when we are going to get it. The SG3 is 199 at my local Sprint store, was the black friday thru Sprint. I was told I can only buy a phone from a corp Sprint store because I'm on Sero. Do you know if this is true?

rated:
There is no limitations on who you can buy the phone from for a SERO account.
I use eBay phones on my SERO account.
Now you may not be able to get rebates and stuff like that, but it won't stop them from adding the phone to your account. If it is a smart phone you may get hit with the 4g and smartphone fees for another $20/m.

rated:
I'm on the F&c plan and tried numerous times to use my upgrade on a smart phone (to sell, bec it can't be activated/used on f&c) and had no luck. Can it be done? Has anyone had recent success?
Thanx

rated:
Glad to hear you can actually still do this, but buying into SERO seems like a better deal than selling it. What are you replacing it with?

I held out with a TP2 on the $30 plan for a long long time. Now I am happily using a Samsung S3 on the SERO-PP for $50 which seems like a much better deal than anything else available aside from the Wally World prepaid stuff.

rated:
klbarnes1 said:   I guess I got lucky. The guy was giving away the Sero line with a crappy phone for free. And it only had about 3 months left on the contract when I got it. He posted it on craigslist and I was lucky enough to call him 1st. I would stay with Sprint but I'm in Detroit and no 4g or 4g lte really ticks me off. Plus we have no idea when we are going to get it. The SG3 is 199 at my local Sprint store, was the black friday thru Sprint. I was told I can only buy a phone from a corp Sprint store because I'm on Sero. Do you know if this is true?

I know some people were able to get in the the Best Buy deal, by getting them to contact employee CS directly (have the number ready for them) but it didn't work for me. You just have to get the right CS rep and I didn't. If everything go legit, yeah, you have to get the phone from Sprint to get the "discount with new contract" stuff. Otherwise you can activate any old phone of eBay, craigslist or whatever.

rated:
seylerc said:   Glad to hear you can actually still do this, but buying into SERO seems like a better deal than selling it.
Disagree almost completely... Reasons:

- Sold my "upgrade" SGS3 for $400 and now someone else has taken over my SERO account liability--they're on the hook for exactly 22 months and they PAID ME $150 for the luxury!
- Sprint coverage seems to be getting worse, not better, in my area.
- $30 was really $37.70 after taxes and junk fees
- Lousy old TP2 that was so difficult to surf on that the "unlimited" web was moot
- New Pantech Burst Android phone works on WiFi with Google Voice in my home office & usual haunts (no minutes and no MagicJack needed)
- I thought about tethering with the SERO unlimited data, but it just didn't seem practical at 2G or 3G.

seylerc said:   What are you replacing it with?
DEVICE: New Pantech Burst Android (myself and my friends call these our $100 iPhone killers) from eBay & CL for ~$100 (TIP: to get the phones unlocked by AT&T, call them and tell them you bought it from a friend and are headed to Europe and you need the code, but you're going to activate with AT&T as soon as you return. Have unlocked FIVE devices this way on the first try!)

BTW, I've ALWAYS had CDMA service (Sprint or Verizon) and this is my first foray into GSM. So far I like it. Reasons:
- easier to root/unlock phones
- more compatibility with the rest of the tech world

PLANS: $30 T-Mobile prepaid, PlatinumTel prepaid, or whatever. Listen to Clark Howard school his radio audience about how lame any plan with a contract is and how foolish it is to tie yourself up with, given what's coming in the way of options, and coming FAST.

Here are some helpful links:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646755
http://www.best-prepaid-cell-phone-plans.com/
http://www.cellguru.net/prepaid_compare.htm#STI

seylerc said:   
I held out with a TP2 on the $30 plan for a long long time. Now I am happily using a Samsung S3 on the SERO-PP for $50 which seems like a much better deal than anything else available aside from the Wally World prepaid stuff.

I've got $500 in my pocket from my maneuvering (my Burst was $50), so my next two years are virtually free using PlatinumTel Real PayGo...

But, if I want "unlimited" I have at least 10 company choices for about $50 w/o taxes and junk fees. I figure my SERO-P here WA state would likely have been around $60, since the $30 was nearing $40 after taxes/junk fees.

And, the final nail in the coffin...

- Sprint made a great and effective push to be customer service oriented when Dan Hesse took over a few years ago and their ratings spiked so that they were just below Verizon. I have seen a marked erosion of that customer service over the past year or so. VERY NOTICEABLE and not anecdotal (many on here loathe Sprint, often with valid reason)!

My guess is that the shareholders started demanding AT&T/Verizon-like margins and Sprint took the shortest-term route to that end--squeeze customers for more $$.

We needed a major 4th company like this to enhance marketplace competition, especially in the past. Now that so many MVNOs are dominating the landscape, maybe not so much. But don't forget, those MVNOs get their "service" from one of these 4 majors, so if we drop one of them, do they then raise fees/costs to the MVNOs?

Food for thought...

rated:
healthylaugh said:   ellory said:   What is quasi-local ?

They live about 1.5 hour drive away, so not the "I live in Florida with a Nigerian accent" scam.

Ok, now I really confused. Firstly what does cars have to do with phones? Secondly when did Hyundai who make the accent build them in nigeria?

Thirdly - Sprint serice is the bones!

rated:
I have a Sero Premium account with a phone upgrade eligible..................so what is the verdict on this.Can I sell it? To whom? What is it worth?

rated:
Hi

I aso have a Sero plan. My contract expired and im due for an upgrade. Is this plan transferable?

rated:
I just completed a TOL from a friend with a sero line less than a month ago. He was getting crappy service, so I decided to pay the cancellation fee for my wife's line and give her a sero plan (saved us $20/monthly from the EPRP so pays for the cancellation fee in the long run). They were adamant that they couldn't do it until I said I already have a sero line on the account. Obviously you can still do Sero TOLs, but they were telling me the only reason they were doing it was because I already have a sero account. Who knows for sure though. Half the time I call telesales to upgrade my phone, they tell me my account has been flagged for security issues and I can't upgrade my phone unless I go to the corporate store... I hang up, call the same number back again, and boom... upgrade. Such inconsistency.

rated:
anyone want free sero plan let me know(9\2014 contract)

rated:
Motsuka, why are you willing to just transfer the sero for free?

rated:
I am trying to get rid of my SERO plan. Contract expires on 07/10/2013. I want to keep my number. Please PM me with reasonable offers if anyone is interested.

Plan details

SERO Premium
$40.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
500 Anytime Minutes
Nationwide Long Distance Included
America - Roaming Included
Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime
Unlimited SMS Text Messaging
Unlimited Picture Mail
Unlimited Data Usage (See Terms)
GPS Navigation
Caller ID
Call Waiting
Three-Way Calling
Voicemail

Add-on services:
Unlimited Messaging
$0.00
Picture Mail
$0.00
Data Usage
$0.00
Sprint Navigation
$0.00
Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm
$0.00
Premium Data (required for this device)
$10.00

rated:
Good luck with that. I dont think TOL is possible without also transferring the phone number.

rated:
dnaren said:   I am trying to get rid of my SERO plan. Contract expires on 07/10/2013. I want to keep my number. Please PM me with reasonable offers if anyone is interested.

Plan details

SERO Premium
500 Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Picture Mail
GPS Navigation
Caller ID
Call Waiting
Three-Way Calling
Voicemail

Add-on services:
Unlimited Messaging
$0.00
Picture Mail
$0.00
Data Usage
$0.00
Sprint Navigation
$0.00
$0.00
$10.00

What are you looking to get?

rated:
***Ill offer my SERO plan for $1 less***   said:
dnaren said:   I am trying to get rid of my SERO plan. Contract expires on 07/10/2013. I want to keep my number. Please PM me with reasonable offers if anyone is interested.

Plan details

SERO Premium
500 Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Picture Mail
GPS Navigation
Caller ID
Call Waiting
Three-Way Calling
Voicemail

Add-on services:
Unlimited Messaging
$0.00
Picture Mail
$0.00
Data Usage
$0.00
Sprint Navigation
$0.00
$0.00
$10.00

What are you looking to get?

rated:
To keep your number you must add another Sero plan to your present Sero plan, then flipflop the numbers and then cancel the 2nd line within 10 days by porting your number to another provider. The employee plan does not need to be the original plan but must be an employee referal plan.   EDRP or equivalent.

rated:

rated:
Ill take the sero plan

rated:
Sero plans are much harder to get rid of these days, I had mine up on craigslist for $100 and I received 0 emails regarding it. I was selling just the plan, not eligible for an upgrade til 5/7/2015. Needed to get rid of it because it wasn't being used and was just wasting me $ each month. I decided to put it up on eBay and it just sold for a whole $0.99. That's 99 cents! Hopefully the TOL works out ok. Does anyone know the best # to call to do a TOL? I will never use Sprint again, I'm in the Detroit area and the internet is absolutely terrible! I couldn't even watch a youtube video without it stopping to buffer every 2 seconds. Sprint has to be one of the worst companies to deal with, and the fact that Ive been paying the extra $10 4g charge for the past 6 months is totally crazy! I would rather have had dial-up!

rated:
Getting rid of two Sero 500 Plans in the NYC area if any one is interested.

rated:
i am interested. is it still available?

rated:
I have a SERO plan to sell as well.  SERO 500 $30 plan on a TP2...  PM me.

Thanks!

rated:
PM Sent!

rated:
I have a SERO Premium plan to sell. It is not under contract, so it is eligible for an upgrade.

500 Anytime Minutes
Unlimited AnyMobile, Anytime
Unlimited Messaging
Unlimited Data Usage
3 Numbers, Any Network-Unltd

200 obo

rated:
I also have a $40 SERO premium plan for sale.

Contract ends 4/21/2014 however its eligible for a $150 phone upgrade as of now.

In addition to all the usual sero premium options, it also comes with pick 3 (calls to any 3 numbers are always free), nights & weekends starting at 7pm, and phone-as-modem (e.g., portable wifi hotspot at no extra charge).

$150 via paypal.

rated:
I have a 50/mth sero plan, contract is not up til 2015, but I'm giving away for free. Pm me. Includes plan only, no phone. Please only pm me if u already have a sero line, it will not work without one or an amplyee plan

rated:
My Sprint SERO Premium contract is up on 12/8. I was going to cancel my contract but I figured I would sell it at a reasonible price if I can. PM me if interested.

Skipping 18 Messages...
rated:
I've got two SERO-P ($50/month) plans I need to get rid of. PM with your best offer. You need to have a SERO or EPRP account prior to purchase.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014