need advice for denied TD rebate

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I submitted a Tiger Direct rebate via 4myrebate.com. I submitted everything but my rebate was denied due to missing "copy of invoice". Their link to document scans shows the packing slip I submitted (the packing slip has order number, order date, item purchased, price paid even my name and address).

The problem I have is my fault I missed their rejection email which was 7 weeks ago. It is not a small rebate and it would suck if I don't get it. Any experience? File BBB? Ask TigerDirect for help?

Member Summary

So instead of contacting the rebate company (or TD since they have a Rebate Assurance Policy form)...you started a thread on a deal finding site ?

Hey, there's nothing wrong with posting on FW seeking advice…

…after the OP exhausted all obvious means of rectifying the situation (contacting the rebate processor and the retailer), of course.

So what happened when you contacted the appropriate parties, OP?

4myrebate gave me a canned response that I am out of luck because I only have 30 days from the date of denial. I really don't think the packing slip in TD's box is any less than an invoice.

I guess I will contact TD to see what they can do.

kickerstarter said:    I really don't think the packing slip in TD's box is any less than an invoice.

The invoice should have came to your e-mail, you sent them a packing slip.

It's not just a river in Egypt.......

woowoo2 said:   
The invoice should have came to your e-mail, you sent them a packing slip.

Not true. Only order and shipping confirmations. The invoice does not come to my mailbox. It is only available TD online. I am not denying that I sent them a packing slip but I don't see why a packing slip cannot also be an invoice. I have done that in the past and it worked fine.

As long as the rebate form said invoice only you're basically SOL. They may be changing their policy though. I went looking at several current rebate forms at TD, and all the 4myrebate ones I looked at also allow a packing list. I assume yours does not.

OP, how did you miss the rejection email but discover it seven weeks later?

Lecturing you will not help resolve this situation, but it might help in the future. This case shows why it is important to be organized when submitting rebates, especially if one does a lot of rebates.

I keep a folder with multiple sleeves and a note pad in it. Before I mail in a rebate, I make a copy (or printout if electronic) of everything I submit: rebate form, UPC, receipt, whatever paperwork is involved. I then write the mailing date down. I also keep a written ledger duplicating the facts: three columns noting the purchase details/rebate explanation, the submission date, and the rebate amount/value.

Examples:
1/10/13 | ABC Widget | $10.00
1/15/13 | XYZ Cables | $25.00 gift card

I reference my records at least weekly, and if a rebate (or at least confirmation) has not arrived after several weeks, I look into the matter and call/email as necessary to find out what's happening.

One could make an electronic reference file as well using Excel or somesuch, but the main thing is doing basic due diligence to minimize the risks of losing out as in the case of the OP.

This is why I don't order from them anymore. The reason there is a time limit is cause they close the account.

To yoregano, it was during the holiday rush and I was also on vacation for a long period of time so I missed the rejection. The email subject does not contain any keywords like denied / reject. etc.

I still don't feel it is right to reject my rebate simply because it has packing slip printed on it. The packing slip has everything an invoice would have and it is a real proof that I have the item instead of just cancelling my order afterward.

The UPC code provides that proof, plus proof you didn't return it while still claiming the rebate.

Bottom line is they can put whatever terms they want on the offer, and you are free to not participate if you don't like the rules. I agree there's no good reason not to accept the TD packing slip. At least they seem to be changing that part of the terms on current rebates.

keep calling them, they'll approve it or let you fax the invoice in.

I had 12 rebates approved after intial rejection b/c I mailed them together...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014