Verizon FIOS - Free HBO Until May 2013 - YMMV

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi,

I live in PA and just received an email from Verizon that reads as follows:

Thank you for being a loyal FiOS® TV customer! As a token of our appreciation, we are now including HBO® in your FiOS® TV programming package until the end of May. There is no additional cost to you and no action is required.

Simply tune to channel 899 HD (400 SD) to start watching the best Hollywood movies and award-winning original programming. We will automatically remove it for you after May 31, 2013.

Please enjoy the best programming FiOS® has to offer and let us know by the end of May if you want to keep watching HBO®.

Sincerely,

Arturo Picicci
Director, Customer Relationship Marketing

For your convenience, free parental controls are available to block content as you wish. To set up parental controls, select “Menu” button on your remote, then select “Settings” and then “Parental Controls.”

Not sure if this is targeted by individual, region, or otherwise. But just wanted to give a heads-up!

Email came from "verizon-services@verizon.com".

Edited to Add: I have the cheapest TV plan (FIOS Prime), but have the Triple Play (TV, Internet, Phone), and I am currently out of contract with them (have been since November 2012). Note sure if any of that matters, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have just checked mine in NYC, no such luck, tuning into 899 says I need to pay for a subscription.

Have it here in Delaware, have had it since the free preview weekend from several weeks ago. The Showtime ended, but continued getting HBO. Was going to ask my sister (We have Triple Play, just renewed contract, account is in her name), but now I have my answer.

I received the email today. Free HBO until 5/31.

I just checked and the channel is still not on.

michaelsturn said:   I received the email today. Free HBO until 5/31.

It's on for me ... and it's not just the basic HBO channel. All of the HBO channels are active.

ShadowedBlade said:   michaelsturn said:   I received the email today. Free HBO until 5/31.

It's on for me ... and it's not just the basic HBO channel. All of the HBO channels are active.

Same here, you can also use the HBO On Demand and HBO2Go online too. michaelsturn, since you received the email, why not give them a call?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014