Market Research & Secret Shopping

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Just curious if anyone is signed up with Market Research companies that are reputable?

I've worked for www.pk-research.com a few times.
I've taste tested: tomato juice, gum, and taquitos for them so far.

Any other good companies out there?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i have done some pinecone.com surveys.... $3 for each one.. not bad.

Once a month I take a survery from research.fm for a $5 Amazon GC. I also use Swagbucks to earn some free GCs, though the effort there is greater (on par with RecycleBank).

I've done focus groups where they'll pay you $100 sometimes for a 1 hr focus Q&A. Usually you'll have to answer a short series of questions over the phone or via email to see if you meet their targeted audience. I was rejected for a focus group on BBQ grills once since I don't BBQ enough, apparently a few times a month doesn't qualify. I can't find the name of the company that does this at the moment. I'll post back if I'm able to find it. Anyone knows or have experience?

shallot said:   I've done focus groups where they'll pay you $100 sometimes for a 1 hr focus Q&A. Usually you'll have to answer a short series of questions over the phone or via email to see if you meet their targeted audience. I was rejected for a focus group on BBQ grills once since I don't BBQ enough, apparently a few times a month doesn't qualify. I can't find the name of the company that does this at the moment. I'll post back if I'm able to find it. Anyone knows or have experience?

I've learned to say "Yes" to almost all of their questions.

Do you like salty snacks? YES!
Do you chew gum? YES!

I've gotten an average of $30 per hour on these.

Any particular research group that you go through for these?

Out2Sea said:   shallot said:   I've done focus groups where they'll pay you $100 sometimes for a 1 hr focus Q&A. Usually you'll have to answer a short series of questions over the phone or via email to see if you meet their targeted audience. I was rejected for a focus group on BBQ grills once since I don't BBQ enough, apparently a few times a month doesn't qualify. I can't find the name of the company that does this at the moment. I'll post back if I'm able to find it. Anyone knows or have experience?

Do you chew gum? YES!

How would you answer how many times you use your BBQ each week? Yes won't cut it.

https://inspiredopinions.com/

I get 2 or 3 surveys a month for 100 to 2500 points. 2500 points = $25 Amazon GC
They also have focus groups (online, phone, onsite (LA area for me).

https://www.globaltestmarket.com/

Global Test Market

50 to 100 points per survey. 1000 points = $50 Check. I have received $100 in 9 months and have 220 points right now.

Surveys can be long (45 minutes) but pay ~100 points.

Also, you can get halfway through a long survey (or sometimes near the end) and it will state you are not qualified. It is really irritating. I complained a few times but they do nothing.

But they pay, takes about 1 month

JTausTX said:   Once a month I take a survery from research.fm for a $5 Amazon GC. I also use Swagbucks to earn some free GCs, though the effort there is greater (on par with RecycleBank).

Seems to by by invite only

http://www.bestmark.com/shoppers/Default.aspx

Bestmark is a Secret Shopper.

In my area (Ventura County, California) they have a lot or car service, electronics, test drives,)

Car service is oil change or tire rotation for Buick, Chevy, Cadillac. Pays full reimbursement plus $25 to $50 cash.

Lots of Best Buy ones. $10 plus $1.50 reimbursement. You have to go into the store and interact with two predetermined departments. Also have to buy an item and upload receipt.

Verizon store $12 to $15. Interact with Staff, never did this one, so I do not know if you have to make a purchase.

Car test drive. You get $17. Have to upload the copy of a business card.

Car dealer internet inquiry for $3 (EASY)

They have restaurant shops, but I have never done them

The report is a bit long. The car service report takes me about 30 minutes.

They pay VERY fast…like in 2 weeks. One SS that I do (for Jiffy Lube) takes over 2 month and 4 reminder emails to them. But not Bestmark, check comes fast

Bump

Updated the title to include secret shopping.

My wife and I use Market Force http://www.marketforceshopper.com
We've done BJ's Pizza, Gas Stations, El Pollo Loco, A&F lots of others. Very easy. Always reimbursed and usually paid extra too.

shallot said:   Out2Sea said:   shallot said:   I've done focus groups where they'll pay you $100 sometimes for a 1 hr focus Q&A. Usually you'll have to answer a short series of questions over the phone or via email to see if you meet their targeted audience. I was rejected for a focus group on BBQ grills once since I don't BBQ enough, apparently a few times a month doesn't qualify. I can't find the name of the company that does this at the moment. I'll post back if I'm able to find it. Anyone knows or have experience?

Do you chew gum? YES!

How would you answer how many times you use your BBQ each week? Yes won't cut it.

I'm in Southern California so that could be 3-4 times a week if you were really into it. I'd say 2-3 could sound reasonable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014