• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Anyone tried ordering with a prepaid credit card? After reading everyone's posts here, I'd be wary of using my real card.

rated:
STILL waiting for my rebate certs. Hope the program is still available by the time I get them.

rated:
Has anyone else not yet received their certs? I've been patient all this time and finally just finished calling the supposed additional information line 888-xxx-6174 and the menu is only one item which simply repeats the frequently asked questions. However their FAQ menu item for "when will I receive my certs" goes further than the one on the website and says you should receive them by October 2013! There is no way to reach a real person from this number. I feel I've been duped! They owe me THREE certs for my loyalty of buying three machines (in fact I'm typing this on one of them). THEY even sent ME notices as I registered the machines when I bought them all. Guess I'll have to write to them and hope they're honest enough to not ignore it. If anyone has a direct number for the administrator which still works, I'd appreciate it.

rated:
I had mailed my claim card on June 15 and just received my claim certificate today (November 26). I had also sent another claim card in on the same date and have not yet received a certificate for that one.

rated:
If I get 2 certificates, I wonder if they can be stacked.

rated:
My laptop shipped today. Got the Acer One. Gonna turn around and flip it. They had some good options. Wanted to go for a tablet , but none were available. Would have also went for an all in one desktop, but they didn't have any of those either.

rated:
Last few days the website went to $650-$850 4GB refurbished laptops again. Someone should contact the court.

rated:
Got my class action lawsuit paperwork in the mail, (I have moved SEVERAL times since i owned my emachines and they found me) filled it out and sent it in and just got my claim certificate in the mail two weeks ago. Limited options on the specialized website they have setup but my 23" Acer touchscreen monitor came in today. Unfortunately UPS destroyed it (shattered screen) and I had to refuse it. So now waiting for the UPS damage claim to be filed and have to wait on another one to be shipped to me. This lawsuit is valid!!!

rated:
I have problems after I upgraded the memory and I can't re-install the operating system. I went through the setup menu and it gets to 88% and then stops.

Does someone have recovery cds?

at3-600-ur33

rated:
I find this company unbelievable. I got an Acer laptop that said new. When I got it, It just kept going from Diagnosing PC, to Repairing. Than I call for chat and they try to help and it won't still work. Than they wanted to charge me for the recovery disk. Than they stated I need a level 2 person for help. Well, that was today. She was nice, but could not help and stated she could not go through the steps to try because she couldn't stay on the chat line. Than I stated I wanted a new one and she stated can't do that with emachineredeem customers. Getting a new laptop from them and to be treated in such a way is ludicrous. I have no faith in this company whatsoever. Can't even want to help people from the lawsuit and make them happy. Yes, I could see another class action lawsuit with the same people who got a credit from them. Horrible FAULTY company.

rated:
I just ordered two of the Iconia W3 tablets and an Aspire V5 netbook.  I had two certificates and was able to use them both easily.  You enter the info from one certificate, the site tells you it's not enough to cover your total amount and directs you to enter credit card info or another certificate.  After entering 2nd certificate info I got the same "not enough $" warning, but at this point it did record I had applied two $365 certificates.  I then added credit card info.  It gave me standard shipping for free so my total was $103 for the entire order and of that, $64 was sales tax.  So three devices for $39...not bad so far.  Printed everything for my records.  Will update after everything arrives.  So far I am impressed that emachines was able to track me down 3 states later for a pc I owned back over 13 years ago.  Incredibly enough, I got two certificates because the first pc died and was replaced under warranty with another one that worked fine even  after I gave it to my niece after I upgraded.  Fortunately I registered both and ended with two certificates because I did!!!  I always register for recalls and such.  So glad I did because I ended up getting five computers for next to nothing since the first one was almost free after rebates on black Friday at circuit city over a decade ago.  I'll probably flip two of these and keep the other to give as a gift; that means I have been paid to buy emachines devices!!!  Pretty good deal, huh? 

Regards,
Mistereman1 in Texas 

rated:
Hey Mistereman,
  So how did it work out with the three machines on two certificates. I finally got my 3 certs and am about to do the same with 3 machines on 2 of the certs. I just wanted to make sure they didn't bill more than they should have on your credit card.
   Thanks,  Mike

rated:
It worked out perfectly using multiple certificates and I was not overcharged on my credit card.  Since they are shipped out of a warehouse in the DFW area I got the entire order within two days!!
Only problem is the Iconia W tablets did not come with activation keys for MS Office.  On the other hand the laptop did.  I tried resolving with warranty service, but after they finally understood what my problem was, they told me to contact emachinessettlement via email.  The Acer website says they come with Free MS Office; The site you order from does not say they will remove features or software, only that the units may be refurbished. I just sent an email and will repost as soon as they respond about my product keys.

rated:
I am so happy found all of you...I have been stressing out on what desktop is better-refurbished gateway SX2110G-UW23 or Acer AT3-600-UR33? Gateway has more RAM than Acer but is refurfished. I am not a major techie or play any games but do stream netfix. Any help would be appredciated as this lap top I am typing on is a piece of S**T!!! Disabled as well now and cannot feel hands so very hard to type.

rated:
Oh and my ticket is good until July 2014 so should wait for better products or grab one of these two. I do not know if I am able to do the computer diligence that some of you do-probably could not type fast enough to get it! And this laptop will start just typing on a previous line whenever it wants too.

rated:
i lost my certificate does anyone know who you contact to get another?

rated:
Which windows is running on the Acer G1620?

rated:
@No legs, thanks for the information I am looking into purchasing this product.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014