• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Contact the Settlement Administrator and give as much info as you can.

rated:
starkeyk said:   
starkeyk said:   I got mine ordered the 21st got it yesterday. the description said one thing but its not what I got. I was suppose to get the The Aspire V5 Series puts inspiring performance in a thin and light form. The choice of up to four suave colors adds to the charm. A Full HD touchscreen breathes life into your entertainment and gives you hands-on control, while four built-in speakers make your enjoyment all the more sweet with great sound.
suppose to have full HD touch screen. well there is NO touch screen at all . Not a happy camper

UPDATE
Got an email from emachine saying I was confused I did NOT ordered one with touch screen I even sent screen shots of my order and the webpage showing what I was buying! IM confused though WTH http://www.emachinesredeem.com/dp/B00EJQRBUI   here is page I ordered from clearly states FULL HD TOUCHSCREEN

Replacement was sent just recived and again NOT touchscreen and even cheaper then the 1st one they sent if I wanted a cheap netbook id go to WalMart for $99.00 so again called and the lady said are you sure your not doing it right and I read to her from screen this unit has NO pen or touch screen should have went with the desktop  what a nightmare

well here is what is happening I talked to a supervisor who called me back she said that the one I ordered does not have a touch screen I told her it states that in description and she claims that description is the standard description . Told her that is misrepresentation of a product I was expecting to get .  She agreed and said to pick something else and we would do a swap out. I get to start all over. So i sent the email saying what I wanted to swap for we will see if I get it.

rated:
Still haven't received my voucher yet... Has anyone received a response from mailing them? The phone number is just a recording and there's no way to talk to anyone involved with this case!

rated:
The Emachines redeem website is wiped out. I hope this means its due for a major restocking.

rated:
michaelrj9 said:   Has anyone ordered and received a new item?
I know most items are refurbished but I do see a few select "NEW" items.
I ordered a "NEW" item and it came in refurbished. I just emailed them so I am still waiting for a response.

Anyone else run into this? or did you receive a new item if it was new?

Thanks

Update:

After I talked to secondipity they did contact me about a week later saying they got the new tablet in stock and sent me a RMA to return the other one and then they sent out the new one.
I was disappointed the first tablet came in refurbished but happy it got resolved.

I was disappointed in the the overall price jacking Emachines did on the products on the Emachines redeem website as I can go to Acer's website and they say the price is $299.99. I paid $339.99 before shipping @ Emachines redeem website. Then I could of got it cheaper at Amazon etc.
Example:
$339.99 emachinesredeem.com
$299.99 at Acer website couple weeks ago (now they show $399.99) Probably realized they need to jack up the manufacture suggested retail price for a while until this claim process is going on with the lawsuit.

I think the right thing for Emachines to do is offer EVERY product they sell not just certain items.
I do however believe Emachines was correct and not letting people buy anything at the secondipity website even though that is what I was hoping for!

But overall I can't complain it is almost like getting a free tablet so I can try out Android.

rated:
Got my certificate and went on the website. There are only 2 laptops to choose from. No Tablets available. Does anyone know if they ever stock up on new choices?????? Sounds like a Ripoff to me. My grandson just bought a laptop (brand new) and only paid $360 (HP). Ripoff to pay $365 for a refurbished old model. Would like a tablet, but maybe I better just get anything at this point.

rated:
Got my certificate and went on the website. There are only 2 laptops to choose from. No Tablets available. Does anyone know if they ever stock up on new choices?????? Sounds like a Ripoff to me. My grandson just bought a laptop (brand new) and only paid $360 (HP). Ripoff to pay $365 for a refurbished old model. Would like a tablet, but maybe I better just get anything at this point.

rated:
1omaphant said:   Got my certificate and went on the website. There are only 2 laptops to choose from. No Tablets available. Does anyone know if they ever stock up on new choices?????? Sounds like a Ripoff to me. My grandson just bought a laptop (brand new) and only paid $360 (HP). Ripoff to pay $365 for a refurbished old model. Would like a tablet, but maybe I better just get anything at this point.
  The only tablets I ever found so far is 3 different kinds.
1: 8" 16gb refurbished (Android)
2: Various Windows tablets (refurbished)
3: 10.1" 32gb model NEW (Android).

If you don't want to wait months for something to be in stock the time you look I suggest looking as many time a day as you can as sometimes 30 minutes and the item is up and gone again.

I bought the 10.1" 32gb new tablet about 3 weeks ago or so. I saw it before I ever got my certificate in the mail. The day I got the #'s in the mail I looked on the website probably 100 times that day. I would see it up but you couldn't buy it. Then it was off again, then back up again but you couldn't buy it etc. Then about 11pm central time it went up and bought it. About 1/2 hour later it was gone again.

I wouldn't call what I got good but better then the other tablets I saw.
So if you are looking for a popular item it will take some effort to nab it when it pops up.

rated:
Hello, I sent in my paper work by the computer I haven't heard anything since I filled this out can you please check on this and let me know.
                                         Bonnie Tibbitts---------shastabear2001@yahoo.com
                                                      Thank You

rated:
Lifted from SD...For people having issues that are not being resolved ...file a complaint with your State Attorney

http://www.justice.gov/usao/districts/

rated:
shastabear said:   Hello, I sent in my paper work by the computer I haven't heard anything since I filled this out can you please check on this and let me know.
                                         Bonnie Tibbitts---------shastabear2001@yahoo.com
                                                      Thank You

Wrong place to be asking this....  You should contact the claims administrator.  Your best bet is HERE at the main site.

rated:
I check regularly throughout the day. Only a couple of items appear--then nothing. The price jacking is a joke. Some clever folks have set it up to do an endrun on the settlement

rated:
obbrockmeyer said:   I check regularly throughout the day. Only a couple of items appear--then nothing. The price jacking is a joke. Some clever folks have set it up to do an endrun on the settlement

I agree.
Who is the one that is going to start another class action lawsuit about the price jacking & no items to pick from?  

rated:
I have yet to receive my certificate. I called the number and there seems to be no way to speak to anyone but it says all certificates should be received by October-that is only a few days away.

Is the envelope clearly marked that it is from the claim? I was out of town and had a house sitter, maybe it came then! I am worried I may have overlooked it or thrown it away if it wasn't clearly marked. I get too much junk mail.

Also every time I check lately there are no tablets available, ugh!

rated:
I can't find any tablets, laptops, or notebooks on the redeem site at all!  You got a tablet??? Can you give me the number where you talked to a supervisor?

rated:
meagansmom said:   I have yet to receive my certificate. I called the number and there seems to be no way to speak to anyone but it says all certificates should be received by October-that is only a few days away.

Is the envelope clearly marked that it is from the claim? I was out of town and had a house sitter, maybe it came then! I am worried I may have overlooked it or thrown it away if it wasn't clearly marked. I get too much junk mail.

Also every time I check lately there are no tablets available, ugh!

Yeah, me neither. I received 2 or 3 voucher post card forms in the mail about 6 or 7 months ago (2 for me and 1 for my dad.) Haven't received anything back yet... Been trying to find a way to contact these people for months now and I've come out empty handed. I even sent a snail mail letter (with 3 different contact methods: e-mail, phone, and snail mail) and haven't gotten anything from that either.

rated:
@ gamecedda possibly by October means it includes October? We may still be waiting a while!

rated:
Guess it's possible, but I doubt it since it seems like everyone else already got theirs.

rated:
Just want to let everyone know that if you expect to get what the descriptions says good luck after 2 netbooks suppose to be touch screen and were not told that the description was general and did not apply to what i ordered. so settled to get a new in box desktop that was wifi ready well guess what it is NOT the one they have does not have the wifi but they post a description saying it does im done sending stuff back and fighting good luck everyone hope you have better luck then i did

rated:
Finally got my certificates in the mail today... better late than never I guess lol.

rated:
I just got mine today as well, I had completely forgotten about it. Just read through this entire thread, glad to see while they are not quite on the ball with these transactions, it's a legitimate certificate. I'm glad to know there will be updates on the merchandise, as it stands, I'm not impressed with the selection. Also, it seems the vouchers are sent in batches. Mine is good until September 2014.

rated:
Just got my Letter today with my Certificate # and Pin#. I only have the one. Is it possible to buy 2 desktops with one certificate? I'm looking to get two that are $179.00 each. And saving them to give to someone I come across that's in need of one. We're very blessed to have the multiple computers and laptops we already have, so I want to use mine to those in need. Getting two desktops would mean helping two people. So I hope someone knows if this is possible. TIA!

rated:
Received my 2 certs. yesterday afternoon (Sept. 30, 2013) EXPIRES Sept. 25, 2014

I just finished up reading this entire thread. You folks have done the leg work and posted the results, and hopefully I shall reap the rewards

I hope that by being "last in line", and having the benefit of everyone else's experience's, maybe, just maybeeeee I'll be able to get what I want...hahahahaha right!

Good Luck to all those still waiting! I'll try to remember to come back and post my "experience" however I recently bought a new laptop, so I'm in no real hurry, and gonna just wait them out.....for awhile lol.

rated:
Finally received mine

But I have been looking daily even before I received it and there hasn't been any tablets available in a while and that is what I want. My only tablet experience is with my daughter's iPad....what do I need to look for in a tablet? Would you recommend Android or Windows 8? My laptop is Windows 8 if that matters?

rated:
I orginally was notified by mail a few months ago about the lawsuit. I completed the papework and sent it back that I wanted to be part of the settlement. I received my redemption letter last week in the mail, with my Certificate # and Pin# for a credit of $365.00 or cash option of $62.50. I looked online at http://www.emachinesredeem.com several times a day to look at what laptops, monitors, CPU's, tablets they currenlty had in stock. Most items are refurbished on their site. Some days there were no items in stock, sometimes a couple of items, etc. On Thursday, I found 3 laptops listed. I went through each option until I decided which laptop i wanted. I registered my account, ordered my laptop and it was shipped and received by Monday... I was very impressed with the Acer Laptop. It came with Windows 8, touch screen, etc. I no longer have my original Emachines CPU that I bought back in 2001 due to a house fire but that doesn't limit you from being in the settlement. FYI... They did send the lawsuit information to my old original address (which was what I registered the emachine orginally with) but luckily it was forwarded to my new address by the post office. So, you may want to see if you are eligible based on the orignal address by contacting the website above.

rated:
Did Anyone get more than one item as long as it totaled less than the max amount allowed? Like a desktop and a monitor both/ Is that possible? TIA!

rated:
does anyone have a certificate they would like to sell me for $100?

rated:
do anyone know who to contact about this settlement?

cant call this number 1-888-623-6174, its a recording.....

very frustrated over this..

rated:
Here is what I got:
Acer Celeron G1620 2.7GHz Desktop PC |AT3-600-UR33

The page stated it was $359.99 with $17.00 shipping. I used the cert for $365 and gave a credut card for the rest of the shipping but my card was not charged any for the extra shipping. I got it today and the computer was new in a factory box. The computer had a sticker on the side that stated the computer was built on 08/19/2013. So it is only two months old. Just drop in some more memory (had some on hand) and you got a good basic computer. You can upgade the video and processor and have a fast little computer.

Processor: Intel, Dual-core, Celeron G1620, 2.7GHz, Cache: 2MB

Processor upgrade to:
Support Intel Socket: LGA 1155. (95W Max) (Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge),Core i7 3770 (K), 2700, 2600 (K) or Core i5 3570 (K), 3450, 3330, 2500, 2400, 2300 or Core i3 3240, 3225, 3220

System Memory (4 GB DDR3SDRAM, 4GB (Max 16GB), 4 Memory Slots

Hard Drive (SATA) Capacity: 500GB, 7200 RPM

Audio: Realtek – High Definition

Graphics: On board, (Intel HD Graphics 2500)

HDMI : Yes Back panel

Dvd: 8X DVD-SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive

USB Ports: [10 total] (4 - 3.0, 2 front, 2 back and 6 - 2.0, 2 front, 4 back)

Wireless Networking: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n with Bluetooth

Lan: 10/100/1000

Motherboard Expansion Slots: 1 PCI Express x16 (open) (3.0 Ivy Bridge), (2.0 Sandy Bridge), 3 PCI Express x1 (2.0) with 2 open

Storage: 2 SATAIII 6Gb/s connectors, 4 SATAII 3Gb/s connectors
Supports HDDs, Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Control Devices: Keyboard, Mouse

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit

Dimensions: 14.9" x 7.1" x 15.8"

Product Weight: 17lbs

Product Number: AT3-600-UR33

rated:
I got pretty much the same thing, but mine was about $319 with no taxes or shipping charges. I had some MS8 issues and called them. Got someone named Ian who told me my computer was very slow and that I had an infection that started the day I opened it up. It would cost me $300 (or $259 w/ senior citizen discount) to get it fixed up so NO ONE could attack the machine again. Since I don't happen to have $3.50 right now, I turned it down. Ian was disappointed. So was I. If that machine could be fixed that good, why not do it up front?
Anyway, now I have a machine that is self deleting things. The only things I downloaded were from the so called MS8 start up page. I thought they were safe pages. Guess not. Anyway, just wondering if anyone is having issues? And where do I go to get it resolved? There is NO WARRANTY on these machines. Oh, and the page Ian showed me where the problems began, well, I pulled that page back up and scrolled down to see the issues he mentioned were on this 'new' computer since February... eight months before I opened the 'factory' box. Hmm. Who do I yell at? Gateway? Or Microsoft? Thinking Gateway sent me a 'used' computer. Seriously thinking MS's Ian is a hack and 'thief-wannabe'. If I'm wrong... sorry. But in the 25 years I've owned and operated computers.... never got a new one that was this bad.

rated:
hiwaylady said:   I got pretty much the same thing, but mine was about $319 with no taxes or shipping charges. I had some MS8 issues and called them. Got someone named Ian who told me my computer was very slow and that I had an infection that started the day I opened it up. It would cost me $300 (or $259 w/ senior citizen discount) to get it fixed up so NO ONE could attack the machine again. Since I don't happen to have $3.50 right now, I turned it down. Ian was disappointed. So was I. If that machine could be fixed that good, why not do it up front?
Anyway, now I have a machine that is self deleting things. The only things I downloaded were from the so called MS8 start up page. I thought they were safe pages. Guess not. Anyway, just wondering if anyone is having issues? And where do I go to get it resolved? There is NO WARRANTY on these machines. Oh, and the page Ian showed me where the problems began, well, I pulled that page back up and scrolled down to see the issues he mentioned were on this 'new' computer since February... eight months before I opened the 'factory' box. Hmm. Who do I yell at? Gateway? Or Microsoft? Thinking Gateway sent me a 'used' computer. Seriously thinking MS's Ian is a hack and 'thief-wannabe'. If I'm wrong... sorry. But in the 25 years I've owned and operated computers.... never got a new one that was this bad.

You need to call emachinesredeem.com! Gateway nor Microsoft will help with this problem. All the machines have a 30 day warranty from emachinesredeem.com / secondipity.com, not Gateway nor Acer . If you got the Gateway AMD A6-3620 2.2GHz Desktop PC | SX2370-UR13 for $319.99, that machine is listed as new so if you have an "infection" you need to call them for a replacement. Before you start downloading anything from the internet you need an up-to-date antivirus program installed and you need to make sure all of your windows 8 updates have been downloaded.

Here is a quote from their web site:
WarrantiesAll property purchased via the eMachines Settlement Redemption Website is warranted as merchantable for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase. emachinesredeem.com expressly disclaims any additional warranties or guaranties, including fitness for a particular purpose. emachinesredeem.com is not a manufacturer or an agent or distributor of any manufacturer. Buyers should look to the product manufacturer for all additional warranties, if any."

rated:
I got my cert the end of Sept. just a few days short of 5 months since i sent it in......not a lot to pick from on the redeem web site.....question...what is the difference between a netbook and a laptop ??? speed...memory...weight...size....not sure which one to choose???

rated:
UGH!!!! nothing but netbooks and a 699.00 used laptop on the redeem site....total crap!!!

rated:
UGH...total crap....nothing but netbooks and a 699.00 used laptop on the redeem site.......

rated:
10 laptops/netbooks to choose from today....WOW!!!! been checking multiple times a day for about a week..finally got lucky.  got a 17" Gateway w/500gb memory....got 1 day shipping..$325... when I got the confirmation  e-mail it sail it would ship in...10 business days...whatever...hope it lasts for a while, never had anything from Gateway......good luck everyone!!!

rated:
Mine said it would ship in 10 days as well.  It shipped the very next day.

rated:
Can anyone help me?  I am trying to figure out what the claim  code number is.  l have entered the certificate#, the Claim#,  every number on the Returned goods Credit certificate i got, but it says my pin number is not valid.  the phone # they give is just recording, which is no help.

rated:
Has anyone been able to talk to a live person?   My certificate has still not arrived...  And thanks for your help!

---and that 1-888-623-6174 is like the others say, just a recording  - no way to talk to a live person--- 

rated:
I mailed my cert. in july 20 2013 have heard nothing. please advise w. metz cert.#6006491589502018574 my e mail is wreddor1@comcast,net

rated:
If you do file a class action- I'll join you. I was just billed the full amount as well.  I used my PayPal MasterCard for the $4.98 difference.  I just got off the phone with PayPal and I am protected but I'm still p*ssed.  What a sham.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014