• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
marykoply said:   Glacierwolf said:   kingdoodler said:   
Can I get A IPad from the redemption website or am I limited to a computer?

If there happens to be an iPad on the site in question, yes you can. It is basically a merchandise credit at that site.

No, you can not. If you read the notice you received in the mail, it clearly states any e-machine, Acer or Gateway computer or accessory. It is good for those three brands only.

And if you have checked the website all, or at least the items I looked at are refurbished.

I think it will be A general credit for the website. By the way I did not see A single EMachines computer or laptop on the website.

Ads by Google
rated:
kingdoodler said:   marykoply said:   Glacierwolf said:   kingdoodler said:   

If there happens to be an iPad on the site in question, yes you can. It is basically a merchandise credit at that site.

No, you can not. If you read the notice you received in the mail, it clearly states any e-machine, Acer or Gateway computer or accessory. It is good for those three brands only.

And if you have checked the website all, or at least the items I looked at are refurbished.

I think it will be A general credit for the website. By the way I did not see A single EMachines computer or laptop on the website.

Why is it so hard to comprehend what you can get with the voucher? It clearly states on the lawsuit notice the same as what is stated on the FAQ website for the settlement.
This is what the voucher is for: The Proposed Nationwide Settlement provides eligible Class Members with the option to receive a replacement computer and/or accessories or a cash payment. Class Members who complete and submit a valid Claim Form and Proof of Purchase will receive a redemption certificate with a face value of $365 that can be used toward an Acer, Gateway, or eMachines replacement computer and/or accessories or be exchanged for $62.50 cash.
(From http://www.emachinesfloppydisksettlement.com/content.aspx?c=5328...

They have a few Gateway computers and several Acres. BUT, since they are all refurbished items the availability and inventory changes daily. If you do not see something you want, check back another day. You have one year from the date the voucher is issued.

PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY THE FOLLOWING: http://www.emachinesfloppydisksettlement.com/content.aspx?c=5328...

rated:
marykoply said:   kingdoodler said:   marykoply said:   Glacierwolf said:   kingdoodler said:   

Why is it so hard to comprehend what you can get with the voucher? It clearly states on the lawsuit notice the same as what is stated on the FAQ website for the settlement.
This is what the voucher is for: The Proposed Nationwide Settlement provides eligible Class Members with the option to receive a replacement computer and/or accessories or a cash payment. Class Members who complete and submit a valid Claim Form and Proof of Purchase will receive a redemption certificate with a face value of $365 that can be used toward an Acer, Gateway, or eMachines replacement computer and/or accessories or be exchanged for $62.50 cash.
(From http://www.emachinesfloppydisksettlement.com/content.aspx?c=5328...

They have a few Gateway computers and several Acres. BUT, since they are all refurbished items the availability and inventory changes daily. If you do not see something you want, check back another day. You have one year from the date the voucher is issued.

PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY THE FOLLOWING: http://www.emachinesfloppydisksettlement.com/content.aspx?c=5328...

Ok now read this Elroy....%$#&! Lol.

rated:
the web site has 300 a year and there is 50000 wanting a computer so just figure you will get 62.50

rated:
Anybody actually gotten a voucher yet?

rated:
The web site claims the secondipity has created a website called www.emachinesredeem.com and thats where the vouchers can be used to get the new computers. That website is still under construction though. So it looks like we still have a ways to go..

rated:
I bought a cheap gateway laptop (they bought emachines I think) several years ago from BB and registered. Think this is available for me?

rated:
Does anyone know the outcome of the settlement? It should have been settled by now, just haven't heard the result.

rated:
speedrx said:   Does anyone know the outcome of the settlement? It should have been settled by now, just haven't heard the result.

Did you happen to read this thread????????????????????????

rated:
I have two EMachines, but no voucher as yet, just the notice. How do I get a voucher?

rated:
I lost my notice with my claim number!! Anyone know who to contact? The phone on the web site is just automated, and I need to reach a live person to get a reprint. who do I call? Sddanes@aol.com Help!!

rated:
Well Heres our Answer. Directly from the SOurce...

On March 25, 2013, the Court held a hearing to consider whether to approve the Proposed Nationwide Settlement. Based on the hearing, the Court has approved the eMachines Settlement. We anticipate the distribution of Settlement Awards to start in the fall of 2013 for all people who file a timely and valid claim form. All claims must be filed no later than July 15, 2013. Your legal rights are affected whether you act or donít act. Read the notice carefully.

rated:
eurekaa said:   
P.S. The card also says: eMachines' warranty records show that you are included in the settlement. If true, that's amazing in and of itself since I've changed my address four times since I bought an emachines computer about 13 years ago!

Same here, except it's been more than 4 times!

I wish they'd give a more specific timeframe for distribution of settlement awards than "fall 2013"...

rated:
how do I redeem my certificate from emachine?

rated:
Received my certificate today with a website link to go to. Not a very big selection at all. Plenty of laptops but all are overpriced refurbs. Those in the $365 and under range are extremely low spec and outdated. If you take $365 off the higher priced models, you're still paying too much.
Currently three refurbished tablets to choose from and they are near $700. Netbook and Accessory sections are currently empty. A decent amount of monitors but all are refurbs and I can find much better deals new.

I own a nice higher end laptop (plus a 2nd from another recent class action involving nvidia) so I decided to pick a desktop to replace my Relic from 2004. I chose the Gateway with a 3.4 ghz quadcore, 8gb, 1TB HD and Windows 8. You still have to pay shipping and taxes but your certificate can be applied to that too. With shipping and taxes added, my total came out to $363.79, so 100% free. Unlike most items on the site, this setup is NEW. Also noticed Newegg sells it for $470.00.

Hopefully it'll arrive early next week. Not a bad deal considering I bought that eMachine back in the late 90s for $300 and it had a $50 rebate on top that. And honestly, it was a great computer that never gave me any trouble. I think I gave it to my niece when I upgraded again in '04.

rated:
I was in the process of ordering a laptop computer from the emachinesredeem website. I put in my claim # (it never asks for a certficate #) and PIN #. The total purchase including shipping and taxes was $313.98. When I was about to place my order, it appeared that the whole amount would be charged to my credit card. So, I started over again to see if I missed something when I was ordering. When asked to put in the claim # and PIN, it said the claim # and PIN # were invalid. I am not sure if this is because I had already entered them once before when I was about to place my order, and now it won't let me enter them again. There doesn't seem to be a phone number on this website to help you with ordering. Does anyone know of a phone number to call with help on ordering?

rated:
You put in the long CERTIFICATE number and then the PIN in the next box. It all seemed pretty self explanatory as the numbers are right there next to each other on the certificate you received.

Also the contact information including a phone # are in plain sight on the page:

If you have questions about your claim,
Call toll-free 1-888-623-6174 or write to
eMachines Settlement Administrator
c/o KCC Class Action Services
PO Box 43143
Providence, RI 02940-3143.

rated:
How do i claim. The cerr

rated:
Yes, we had an e-machine but I have no paperwork or the machine no more. Can I buy a gateway and is there any certain models that I have to buy.

rated:
are you able to redeem multiple certificates for one computer?

rated:
Yes iwish to redeem additional certificat numbers for nunmbers for cash papyment

rated:
Unfortunately you can't combine. I got 2 certificates, but the laptops that I chose were 264.99 a piece. Hated to forfeit 100 bucks off of each voucher, so I did 1 day shipping on the computers. Made them about 310 with everything. Weird because the more expensive laptops has less specs than the ones that I picked did. Mine had a 750 GB hard drive and most of the other ones only had 500 GB.. Weird. But hey, for 2 computers that we had in the late 90s that have long since been sold at yard sales, I'm ecstatic!!

rated:
Thanks very much!!!!

rated:
No Problem.. And check often if you don't find something you like.. I bought the one for 264.99 and right after I bought that one, the updated model to the one I bought with 2 extra GB of Ram came up for 284.99. So I snatched that one with my other voucher.

rated:
Hey I receivedy lettet with a pin numner how do I get a different computer

rated:
I can't find the place to enter a new question so here goes! I have two redemption certificates can I use both for one redemption

rated:
I have two redemption certificates from the emachines settelment, can I redeem both for one redemption?
willied

rated:
Still waiting for my voucher. Hopefully there are no issues. I sent in my redemption letter and copy of my drivers license months ago.

rated:
i got a letter with a certificate number
but i cant find where to put them numbers in

rated:
where do i put the certificate number

rated:
You put the numbers in the boxes during checkout. How did some of you manage to sign up and post to this site and yet you can't read a letter and navigate the simple eMachines site?

rated:
Could someone confirm that $365 was deducted from the total? I entered the certificate and PIN during the checkout but did not see any credit on the checkout page. I don't want a Gateway computer paying full price.

rated:
It came up as a something like a gift card with the total being $0. I don't like how the site required a CC number before it even knew what the total will be, let alone if it went over the $365.

This is from my confirmation email:

1 Gateway AMD A10-5700 3.4GHz Desktop PC | SX2380-UR22 $339.99

Subtotal of Items: $339.99
Shipping & handling: $9.99
Promotion Applied: -$9.99
Total before Tax: $339.99
Estimated Tax: $23.80
Gift Card(s) Applied: -$363.79
Total for this order: $0.00

rated:
Does anyone have an extra code they are not going to use and would like to give me since I sent in my claim info a while ago but still haven't received my claim code as of today.

rated:
colin1965 said:   Does anyone have an extra code they are not going to use and would like to give me since I sent in my claim info a while ago but still haven't received my claim code as of today.

So your hoping someone just gives you A $365.00 voucher?? Get off the pipe.

rated:
Has anyone actually received a computer without their credit card being charged? I've seen multiple posts on ripoff.com from people that redeemed their voucher but their credit cards got charged for the full amount.

rated:
I don't see any posts stating that anyone actually received anything. Why do they require a credit card if you redeem for under $365? Sounds like a scam to me.

rated:
I got a certificate but the website emachinesredeem.com will not come up.

rated:

rated:
That happened to me, I'd be surprised if all of this doesn't start another class action suit against Acer (owner of eMachines).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014