• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello Everyone.
I just bought a Nissan Altima 2002 for $3800 from a third party. Car is in a gud shape wid 109k miles on it.
Before I goto a Garage or a dealer for Oil change, I just want to know what the other things I need to change/check.
I am not huge in cars so all ur suggestions are appreciated and helpful.
Please guide me.
Thanks

Member Summary

that's very good price you paid. Of course you alrady had an ASE mechnic checked it,right?

Unfortunately not. I drove the car and driven fine. It was a quick decision. So, now before I or anyone from my family goes on the road I wann make sure its not gona break down...My friend's uncle had that car so I assumed he is not gonna sell me something which is not safe..but I know I should ve thought all ths before buying.. But now Whats the next step..

I was and I am ready to spend a few hundred dollars for the needed things..So, need to know what r the things I need to tell the Mechanic..

It's hard to say. Could be just an oil change, or could be a nightmare of things wearing out such as brakes, belts, tires, CV boots, leaks of all sorts, etc. 10 year old vehicles start having issues, no matter the brand.

Check the floorboards ... my cousin has a 2002 Altima and the outer layer is rusted out; supposedly it's pretty common on that vintage Altima (at least in the salt belt).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014