Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Republic Wireless has two plane: $19/m and $29/m
Any suggestion?

https://join.republicwireless.com/

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do you know if you are talking on wifi and you are on the move, as soon as you lose your wifi connection, you will drop the call. It will automaticially redial using Sprint, but still that has to be a problem.

Read here for a USA Today review posted 3 days ago. http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2013/02/19/rep...

I subscribe to Republic Wireless and will never go back to the Verizon crooks.
Is it perfect? Nope, not yet, but it does everything I need for under $20/month...unlimited.

What is to stop me from buying the $99 phone, using it for a month and then 'selling' it on eBay to myself and starting up the 19$ plan?
This is going to cause a headache for resellers!

nyseGUY said:   What is to stop me from buying the $99 phone, using it for a month and then 'selling' it on eBay to myself and starting up the 19$ plan?
This is going to cause a headache for resellers!
you no make sense.

why the hell would you sell it to yourself?

You can't start up with a used phone. Which is why noone is selling on eBay their used phones.

They will not allow you to use THAT phone for $19.99 plan after you sign up for $29.99 plan.... The ESN will be attached to your account. The system will know where that phone came from. Just get the $19.99 plan from the beginning. It's the cheapest route. The $99 phone is for people who can't front $249. You might be able to open a new account under different name (spouse etc.)however and say it was purchased from you.

I use Voyager Mobile $20.00 p/m unlimited text and voice. I'm happy with them.

zander57 said:   I use Voyager Mobile $20.00 p/m unlimited text and voice. I'm happy with them.

Sounded good until I checked them out. No roaming, $15 activation fee and very limited coverage.

I'd spend an extra $10 a month a go with a $30 H2O unlimited talk, text, roaming, voicemail, all calling features and coverage in AK, PR, VI, HI using AT&T towers.

Pair it up with an inexpensive re-sellable dual-sim phone like an IceMobile Quattro or Android-4200 that works worldwide and use your own or public wifi anywhere.

Republic did look good last year before the new deals from RedPocket, Airvoice, and other GSM services.

Your stepping away from the real issue the phone is normally 249.00 + start + 23/month 279.00 for 1 yr
the promotion is 99.00 + start + 33/month (estimated) service
savings on phone 150.00 in 1 year paying about $396.oo in service

nm

themew said:   zander57 said:   I use Voyager Mobile $20.00 p/m unlimited text and voice. I'm happy with them.

Sounded good until I checked them out. No roaming, $15 activation fee and very limited coverage.

I'd spend an extra $10 a month a go with a $30 H2O unlimited talk, text, roaming, voicemail, all calling features and coverage in AK, PR, VI, HI using AT&T towers.

Pair it up with an inexpensive re-sellable dual-sim phone like an IceMobile Quattro or Android-4200 that works worldwide and use your own or public wifi anywhere.

Republic did look good last year before the new deals from RedPocket, Airvoice, and other GSM services.

No roaming? Where do you get your information from? We live in the Adirondack State Forest Preserve and our RW roams just fine on Verizon...without roaming charges.

And whoever mentioned about buying the phone for a month and then selling it, good luck; the phone is proprietary and can't be resold to use.

You people really need to get your facts straight. You might want to start by going to Republic Wireless and reading the FAQ.

BamBam0099 said:   themew said:   zander57 said:   I use Voyager Mobile $20.00 p/m unlimited text and voice. I'm happy with them.

No roaming? Where do you get your information from? We live in the Adirondack State Forest Preserve and our RW roams just fine on Verizon...without roaming charges.

And whoever mentioned about buying the phone for a month and then selling it, good luck; the phone is proprietary and can't be resold to use.

You people really need to get your facts straight. You might want to start by going to Republic Wireless and reading the FAQ.

Did you read what he said? He was referring to Voyager Mobile, NOT Republic Wireless.

Republic has unlimited 3g data+voice even if you don't use wifi. The phones are basic and don't have much bloatware. So it has value if you are fine sticking with the same phone.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014