• Text Only
rated:
As of 3/15/13 Staples Rewards« members receive 5% back in rewards on all items excluding taxes, postage, prepaid phone cards, delivery charges, coupons, gift cards and purchases made on third-party Web sites. Staples Rewards for Plus members are issued online monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $5. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $5 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $5 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. Staples Rewards« for Premier members are issued online monthly, but only if the value of the Reward is at least $5. Rewards expire no less than 150 days after issuance. Balances of less than $5 expire at the end of the calendar year. Rewards members receive free shipping on all orders placed on Staples.com« or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 for which a membership account is identified, excluding orders made at staplescopycenter.com, print.Staples.com, staplespromotionalproducts.com and third-party Web sites linked to Staples.com. Standard Staples delivery policies apply.

Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per Plus customer or up to 20 per calendar month per Premier customer, and, if the member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days, the member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement net of coupons, taxes and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per Plus customer and 20 per calendar month per Premier customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. For full program details, visit staplesrewards.com.

This email is intended to communicate important program information to Rewards members. The receipt of this email will not change your promotional email preferences.

Make sure this email doesn't end up in your junk folder. Add Staples@e.Staples.com to your address book. Update your email preferences here.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Staples
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Staples Rewards program update
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Here we go again. Next week's preview:

Get $4 back in Staples Rewards« per recycled cartridge╣
when you purchase $50 of HP... (more)

B0HEMIAN (Apr. 19, 2013 @ 1:07p) |

No, limit 5.

c3 (Apr. 19, 2013 @ 1:12p) |

mathfaster (Apr. 19, 2013 @ 1:39p) |

As of 3/15/13 Staples Rewards® members receive 5% back in rewards on all items excluding taxes, postage, prepaid phone cards, delivery charges, coupons, gift cards and purchases made on third-party Web sites. Staples Rewards back are issued online monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. Rewards members receive free shipping on all orders placed on Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 for which a membership account is identified, excluding orders made at staplescopycenter.com, print.Staples.com, staplespromotionalproducts.com and third-party Web sites linked to Staples.com. Standard Staples delivery policies apply. Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and, if the member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days, the member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement is net of coupons, taxes and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. For full program details, visit staplesrewards.com.

From the official 2/28 email to PLUS members (spend $500 or more per year):

As of 3/15/13 Staples Rewards® members receive 5% back in rewards on all items excluding taxes, postage, prepaid phone cards, delivery charges, coupons, gift cards and purchases made on third-party Web sites. Staples Rewards for Plus members are issued online monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $5. Rewards expire no less than 60 days after issuance. Monthly balances of less than $5 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $5 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. Staples Rewards® for Premier members are issued online monthly, but only if the value of the Reward is at least $5. Rewards expire no less than 150 days after issuance. Balances of less than $5 expire at the end of the calendar year. Rewards members receive free shipping on all orders placed on Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 for which a membership account is identified, excluding orders made at staplescopycenter.com, print.Staples.com, staplespromotionalproducts.com and third-party Web sites linked to Staples.com. Standard Staples delivery policies apply. Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per Plus customer or up to 20 per calendar month per Premier customer, and, if the member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days, the member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement. Minimum purchase requirement net of coupons, taxes and shipping charges. We will recycle additional cartridges but rewards will only be issued for 10 per calendar month per Plus customer and 20 per calendar month per Premier customer. Ink Recycling Rewards are issued online monthly, separately from your standard Staples Rewards statement. Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. For full program details, visit staplesrewards.com.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, big change if true. Hopefully the double-double promos (or at least the triples) will continue so the $30 requirement won't be too bad. I assume 5% on all items is instead of 10% on ink/toner?

dukerau said:   Wow, big change if true. Hopefully the double-double promos (or at least the triples) will continue so the $30 requirement won't be too bad. I assume 5% on all items is instead of 10% on ink/toner?

The $30 in ink would translate to $3 per cart hopefully (with 10 for standard rewards). I'd hope it's a $1 for $1 exchange. Would hate to spend $30 on ink to only get $20 back on 10 carts. Perhaps it will still be double for Premier? 20 for $60??

This is SPECULATION on my part, nothing else, and I'm not sure how solid the info is from OP's post on SD. Only thing that doesn't make sense is changing the program PRIOR to the quarter end. Sure any changes announced would start for 4/1.

Thanks Mr C
Now they out to kill the Reward program too?
Who is gonna shop at stoples now?

The only people shopping at Staples these days are mooochers. lol
Whenever I drive by a Staples the parking lots are almost always empty.

ShakuniMama said:   Thanks Mr C

I guess you didn't READ the part about Rewards going to 5% on EVERYTHING?

I don't know if this is a permanent change but this is what I received when I emailed about only recieving 5 on the last double promotion:

We now have an ink recycling limit of five cartridges for the Double Ink Recycling promotion. I apologize this information was not in our flyer and as a one-time courtesy, I have issued a Reward to you in the amount of $30 for the difference. This Reward has been issued directly to the Staples Rewards website, and it should be available in 48 hours.

ShakuniMama said:   Thanks Mr C

If the above is true, it will definitely hurt those (like me) that don't often take part the H-P promos.

anyplace said:   ShakuniMama said:   Thanks Mr C

I guess you didn't READ the part about Rewards going to 5% on EVERYTHING?

To itch his own..........I guess

dazviking said:   ShakuniMama said:   Thanks Mr C

If the above is true, it will definitely hurt those (like me) that don't often take part the H-P promos.
Supposed to be $30 of ink every 180 days from any manufacturer. 90 was mentioned but someone who talked to another manager said 180. Think I will be getting a Brother J430W printer, use generic ink, and sell the $30 of ink I do have to buy and retiring the HP printer I bought to use HP ink about a year and a half ago. Bye Bye HP.

I've never recycled ink at Staples, mostly because the rewards card I use is a relative's, and they don't currently have any way of downloading/printing out their rewards certificates. (They used to mail them to you.)

So until that gets figured out, I hadn't bothered. But if you now have to buy ink in order to receive ink rewards, then forget it.

I use a brother printer, so the ink is cheap enough. If I could turn the carts into rewards, then so much the better.

Methinks the gravy train is coming to an end at Staples.

Though the 5% back on everything is nice. I wonder if that would even out the lack of ink recycling.

I can print out all my ink rewards from Staples rewards website..

I think they are combating this to prevent people from having 5-10 accounts recycling every month. They force you to buy their overpriced ink to compensate for the rewards.

LLCPenTesTr said:   I can print out all my ink rewards from Staples rewards website..

I think they are combating this to prevent people from having 5-10 accounts recycling every month. They force you to buy their overpriced ink to compensate for the rewards.
I agree that this is part of the reasoning for requiring the ink purchase but if they only require $30 of ink purchases every 180 days that really is not going to be that much of a deterrent or much compensation to them. They could have gone the OD or OM way of only being able to cash out in rewards equal to your purchases but they probably figured that was too severe and would limit their sales.

5% is not great on everything as most of their items are overpriced, esp vs Amazon... yea there goes the gravy train

The manager at my store said he thought premier members were going to have the option to stay with the 10% or change to 5% but he didn't give many details.

mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   ShakuniMama said:   Thanks Mr C

Supposed to be $30 of ink every 180 days from any manufacturer. 90 was mentioned but someone who talked to another manager said 180. Think I will be getting a Brother J430W printer, use generic ink, and sell the $30 of ink I do have to buy and retiring the HP printer I bought to use HP ink about a year and a half ago. Bye Bye HP.

Its funny how you guys feel that if something does not go your way, you know like not getting free stuff, somehow the company (Norton, HP, McAfee) will go out of bussines. Adios mathfaster. Give me a break. LOL!

badboi said:   mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   ShakuniMama said:   Thanks Mr C

Its funny how you guys feel that if something does not go your way, you know like getting free stuff, somehow the company (Norton, HP, McAfee) will go out of bussines. Give me a break. LOL!
Ummm. Where did I say anything about HP going out of business? All I implied was that I would be shifting my ink purchases to Brother from HP. Hence, Buh bye HP. Don't read more into a a post than what is there.

camar0 said:   5% is not great on everything as most of their items are overpriced, esp vs Amazon... yea there goes the gravy train

I don't understand people argument about things are overprice yet I still can find thing cheap enough to cash out all my rewards and sell it on eBay with some profit after all the fees..

I think this is people perception of B&M store. Personally I rarely can find good deal at Amazon especially you don't get CashBack (unless you have Amazon CC) and no coupon plus they charge sales tax on 1/3 of US Population.

BTW, I sold the Asus S200E laptop on Amazon marketplace with a profit which I bought from Staples a month ago.. overprice

This specuation was already discussed in another FW thread. Plus at least according to the January feedback survey that 5% back on "everything" will certainly come with PLENTY of exclusions.

Time to look at OfficeMax for ink recycling rewards. Staples is apparently going backwards in terms of customer-friendly deals.

love4money said:   Time to look at OfficeMax for ink recycling rewards. Staples is apparently going backwards in terms of customer-friendly deals.

Office Depot\OfficeMax will certainly follow suit and change their ink recycling progams as well.

cnIsfg said:   love4money said:   Time to look at OfficeMax for ink recycling rewards. Staples is apparently going backwards in terms of customer-friendly deals.

Office DepotOfficeMax will certainly follow suit and change their ink recycling progams as well.

You have to make minimum purchases each quarter in order to recycle ink cartridges at OD. I did it one month and nothing showed up.

cnIsfg said:   This specuation was already discussed in another FW thread. Plus at least according to the January feedback survey that 5% back on "everything" will certainly come with PLENTY of exclusions.

I don't recall the ink spend requirement mentioned in that thread. tonight is the first I've heard that (whether it be true or not is a different story)

There are lot of people who abuse there ink recycling rewards program. People buy empty ink cartridges of eBay and make lots of rewards out of it. Any business would reform there program in this case. You should also think of the business perspective. Good old days when they gave 3$ reward per cartridge , i used to recycle with them.

I still think there rewards program will be the best compared to others...
anything that is abused will not stay long...

Even if it's $30 in ink every 90 days it's not horrible. So you spend somewhere between $30-35 4 times a year, that's $140 max, and you're still able to get $240 in rewards. Certainly not as good as it used to be, but still better than OD/OM. And if you're Premier and can do double that, you're out $140 for $480 in rewards.

ebestbuy said:   There are lot of people who abuse there ink recycling rewards program. People buy empty ink cartridges of eBay and make lots of rewards out of it. Any business would reform there program in this case. You should also think of the business perspective. Good old days when they gave 3$ reward per cartridge , i used to recycle with them.

I still think there rewards program will be the best compared to others...
anything that is abused will not stay long...

People get their carts from lots of places. I was paying $1 cash to people who did not want to deal with rewards. My nephew scavenged carts from everywhere and we both did OK. I inquired about doing this directly to Staples and was told they did not care where the carts came from -- recycling was their goal and they were happy to offer rewards. The only caveat is clearly stated in the terms of the ink recycling...

Staples said: Ink resellers and remanufacturers are strictly prohibited from earning Ink Recycling Rewards.

VirtuaL said:   the rewards card I use is a relative's, and they don't currently have any way of downloading/printing out their rewards certificates.
There is SO MUCH irony in this. Even if you are not a premier member, you can make $20 in rewards on ink. Never mind the boxes, batteries, and paper. Never mind the coupon wallet. Leveraging the double-double promotions, an inexpensive HP printer will pay for itself in a couple month.

Buy a friend a printer or get your own account.

Not premier, so I've stagger ink recycling every 3 months so I would then have $60 (used to be $90) to spend on something... But now this would require me to spend $30 on ink to resell. I use Epsons and get generic ink...

Staples just started selling Apple accessories.Rewards is not exclude?

wizwor said:   VirtuaL said:   the rewards card I use is a relative's, and they don't currently have any way of downloading/printing out their rewards certificates.
There is SO MUCH irony in this. Even if you are not a premier member, you can make $20 in rewards on ink. Never mind the boxes, batteries, and paper. Never mind the coupon wallet. Leveraging the double-double promotions, an inexpensive HP printer will pay for itself in a couple month.

Buy a friend a printer or get your own account.

You can print rewards from the kiosk.

Although good luck logging out once you do. Their interface is horrible.

I would think that this kind of policy change would take effect at the beginning of the month.

BudmanTom said:   I would think that this kind of policy change would take effect at the beginning of the month.Normally one would think that would be the case. However, since Rewards are issued mid-month and you need to purchase $30 of ink within 180 of recycling your carts it makes some sense to start in the middle of the month.

So as long as we turn in old ink cartridges before the middle of March, we will be under the terms of the current and soon to be old program, correct?

Moby99 said:   So as long as we turn in old ink cartridges before the middle of March, we will be under the terms of the current and soon to be old program, correct?Good question and really not clear at this point. You will be under the old terms just for March if that is the way it works out. April I would assume you will be under the new terms. They are supposed to send an email out 2/28 and publish on their web site on 3/15 when the new program goes into effect.

when??

bargainhunter74 said:   when??When what? Program goes into effect 3/15. All that is really known is that you have to spend $30 every 180 days to release your ink recycling rewards. Details have been sketchy.

Plenty of rumors and maybe info if you read the various websites. I am going to wait and see what Staples does, and then adapt.

is there anyone knows there are any FAR stuffs for the following weeks?!

Nutwood has posted the actual memo about the new rewards policy here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1259239/?fwcs=ta...

Basically confirms the $30 requirement and 5% rewards.

Skipping 162 Messages...
B0HEMIAN said:   ...I don't understand the last clause "Standard monthly recycling Rewards« will be excluded from recycled cartridges", though.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1268314/m17695477/#m17...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014