• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
This Wednesday, Feb 27, starting at 8AM PST (GMT -8), you will be able to order the 16GB Find 5 for $499 USD with free shipping via DHL on www.oppostyle.com.

http://www.oppostyle.com/

Specs

Member Summary

Oppo Find 5 16GB
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i have no idea what is oppo style...can someone please elaborate.

livingdivineus said:   i have no idea what is oppo style...can someone please elaborate.

Exactly! You seem to already know the answer yourself. But I will try to elaborate from what I have gathered so far...

Oppo style seems to be a program where you can become a guinea pig by paying only $499 upfront, furthermore, you will be eligible to keep continued status as said guinea pig as long as enrollment fees are paid each month in a timely manner. These fees are estimated to be anywhere from $15 to $100 depending on the level of commitment you desire to make to the program. If you(whoever) decide to enter and participate in the program, after a few months, due to your sacrifices and others like you. The rest of us in the general population will be able to make an informed buying decision due to the data gathered during this trial period.

Oppo makes good quality stuff, they always have.

basec said:   Oppo makes good quality stuff, they always have.

that's why we all know about them?

Oppo is Psy's cousin, trying to make his own name.

Oppo Digital started by making very high quality DVD players for much less than the high end manufacturers charged. (IE: if a higher end Denon DVD player was $1000.00 Oppo Would have a similar spec'ed and performer for $500.00). They now do the same for Blu-ray players and in fact a very high end brand called Lexicon released a Blu-ray player a few years back and sold it for $3500.00 and it was later found out that player was a $1000.00 Oppo unit with a Lexicon skin over the top of it.

All that being said this is still Oppo's first phone that I'm aware of so who knows how that will turn out.

"Oppo Find 5 16GB Quad Core 1080p 5' Screen cell phone $499 (NO CONTRACT REQUIRED)"

Is this really a cell phone with a 5' screen? That's mighty big - don't think it will fit in a pocket.

It's a very good spec'd phone. except that as far as i know it doesn't handle 4g or lte, so you'd be stuck on 3g/wifi speeds.

dear god the manual is in Chinese or Japanese or something

感谢您使用OPPO移动电话,我们将根据国家有关部门在2001年11月15日颁布的《移动电话商品修理更换退货责任规定》,实行全面三包服务.以下若有与国家政策不符或遗漏之处,以国家政策为准!

1.自售出之日起7日内,机器主机出现国家规定的《移动电话机商品性能故障表》所列性能故障的, 消费者可以选择退货、换货或者修理;

2.自售出之日起第8日至第30日内,机器主机出现国家规定的《移动电话机商品性能故障表》所列性能故障的, 消费者可以选择换货或者修理;

Now if it worked for Straight Talk they might have something going.....

Really nice review here:

Review

Dont knock the name if you have never heard of it. This is a really nice device.

allowingtoo said:   dear god the manual is in Chinese or Japanese or something

感谢您使用OPPO移动电话,我们将根据国家有关部门在2001年11月15日颁布的《移动电话商品修理更换退货责任规定》,实行全面三包服务.以下若有与国家政策不符或遗漏之处,以国家政策为准!

1.自售出之日起7日内,机器主机出现国家规定的《移动电话机商品性能故障表》所列性能故障的, 消费者可以选择退货、换货或者修理;

2.自售出之日起第8日至第30日内,机器主机出现国家规定的《移动电话机商品性能故障表》所列性能故障的, 消费者可以选择换货或者修理;

Now if it worked for Straight Talk they might have something going.....

This is Chinese, stating

Thank you for using the OPPO mobile phone. According to the regulations issued by the relevant national agency on November 15, 2001, we will replace the return liability and the implementation of a comprehensive Warranty Services. The following 3 guidelines should apply, if there is any omissions, the country's policy should apply:

Since the date of sale within 7 days from the machine host countries listed under the "mobile phone performance failure failure of performance, consumers can choose to return, replacement or repair;

From the date of sale section 8 to 30 days, the machine host countries listed under the "mobile phone performance failure failure of performance, consumers can choose a replacement or repair

With a 5' (5 Foot) screen is this a phone or a televison?

Oppo Find 5 16GB Quad Core 1080p 5' Screen cell phone $499 (NO CONTRACT REQUIRED)

Will it take a Tmobile SIM ?

SIM: Micro-SIM

looks nice, if i wasnt in the apple ecosystem, i would probably buy this phone

WOW. Site can't handle the load....
Fatal error: Uncaught Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections thrown in /home/oppo/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 57

what the heck? Just the email support?There is no support phone# http://oppostyle.com/contact-us

Spending $500 and not talking to live phone is scary....

They say it runs an custom Android overlay. It would have been better vanilla. I wonder how open it is for flashing..

Both 16gb and 32gb are sold out. I guess lots of people didnt really care about if they can find the support info from the site now. They are selling the same phone in australia for 649. How lucky we are

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014