• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hey guys, I am very new to this and I just go a verizon 4S. How exactly does one unlock a verizon iphone for use on AT&T network? (I am wanting to use pre-paid p-tel)

Also, how would I check whether it is unlocked or not?

Thanks a ton,
wezx

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
howardforums is the place to research, but i gave up, was trying to unlock a Sprint to verizon, i finally sold the Sprin... (more)

skh12 (Sep. 25, 2013 @ 6:08a) |

Hello, I read the message that you can unlock phones?

I found a phone it has service with Verizon, but it is unlock to fr... (more)

Dianis1594 (Oct. 01, 2013 @ 9:31a) |

Yes u can do it easily using one of the factory unlock iphone sevices. Beware of scammers, This guys http://letsunlockip... (more)

superodissey (Oct. 16, 2013 @ 8:30a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wezx said:   Hey guys, I am very new to this and I just go a verizon 4S. How exactly does one unlock a verizon iphone for use on AT&T network? (I am wanting to use pre-paid p-tel)

Also, how would I check whether it is unlocked or not?

Thanks a ton,
wezx

Contact Verizon customer service, or visit a Verizon store to unlock the phone. However, that won't help with your desire to use AT&T as Verizon phones are not compatible with the AT&T network. Verizon uses the CDMA sytstem; AT&T uses GSM.

If you want to keep your Verizon phone and go to pre-paid, Page Plus Cellular is a MVNO using the Verizon network.

Hey thanks for your advice. I am however using an iphone 4S and I believe when unlocked, it can be used on AT&T network.

I bought the phone used on eBay though, so I'm not sure if verizon will unlock it if I am not a customer. Do you know of any other ways to unlock it?

A Verizon iPhone 4S is both a CDMA and 3G gsm phone. Verizon will unlock it for you, however it will only be for non US gsm providers. It could work on AT&T but they will not fully unlock it.

A Verizon iPhone 5 however is factory unlocked. You might want to sell the 4s and purchase an unsubsidized 5.

In any case, Verizon will unlock the device for outside US use, for current customers only. I suggest you look at using it with PagePlus.

1. Jailbreak the 4s
(required for the next step)
http://www.redsn0w.us/search/label/Jailbreak
2. purchase a gevey adaptor
http://www.gevey.com/unlock-verizon-cdma-iphone-4s/
You will now have a 4S that can never be upgraded to a newer IOS, some software dosent run on and it will be a PITA to change sims
you will find it much easier to just buy a used at&t 4S

Hey thanks for your advice.

what about the Sprint 4s phone .. mine is unlocked.. i was wondering if it will work with AT&T ... appreciate inputs.. thank you

Any advice on Sprint iPhone4S unlocking?

Just call verizon and tell them you are travelling international and need to use the phone with local GSM providers. They will recommend using Verizon roaming, but tell them it sucks at $2 a min. I did this personally and used it on international GSM carriers without any problem.

The Sprint 4s should be the same process
jailbreak and and use a gevey adapter

AFAIK Verizon will only unlock it for international sims, not USA sims

An unlocked Sprint phone is CDMA and will not work on AT&Ts network

Hey guys, thanks alot for the info. I will call verizon for this. A few things though..

1. For the iphone 5, rsuaver said Verizon iphones are unlocked. Is this the same for Sprint and AT&T and all iphones? If so, Sprint iphones seem like they are pretty cheap on glyde at around $400.

2. I heard that for Pageplus, you have to 'flash' the iphone, which brings down the value of it. Is this true?

3. Has anyone heard about talkforgood that runs on the verizon network? It seems like they have great rates, better than ptel.
it is 0.05/min, 0.01/text and 0.06/mb for data

Would people recommend this? This seems even better than ptel.

Thanks

That is not true. Sprint and Verizon iPhone4S have GSM SIM card and I have used it overseas on local network. My iPhone4S got unlocked by Sprint for overseas use but still locked for other domestic career.

Is there a way to unlock the AT&T network to make it work more like a Verizon network? That would be a real deal.

The Evil Telephone Company will get you. Watch your back.

mnagesw said:   Just call verizon and tell them you are travelling international and need to use the phone with local GSM providers. They will recommend using Verizon roaming, but tell them it sucks at $2 a min. I did this personally and used it on international GSM carriers without any problem.
hi
if i do this way verizon will send me a code or how i'm able to unlock it for other gsm operators?

For more info try Howard forums you don't know enough yet to avoid wasting money.

I have a couple of Verizon Iphone 5 that I use on simple mobile. Verizon I5 is never locked, some sort of agreement they made with the FCC for use of new frequencies.
It is my understanding that Sprint will never unlock an Iphone for domestic use, your only option is to hack the phone.
AT&T will unlock for existing customers or you can buy an IMEI unlock service on eBay for around $10.00
IMO if you can, either the Verizon I5 or the AT&T with the IMEI unlock is the way to go.

I need some advice! We are leaving verizon as they are just too expensive. We have 2 phones. I have a 4s and my husband has a 5. We think think the best deal out there for talk, text,2 mg data use would be t mobile or StraightTalk no contract. BUT from what i am reading here my 4s cannot be used on those plans. I don't want to buy a new iphone. Can my 4s be unlocked somehow to do this and would i be sure it would work? or is there another company one would recommend that would keep us around 100. a month for both phones. or should i sell my 4s and buy an unlocked iphone?
thx!
patty

I would love to know the same thing. I want to use my moms upgrade to get the 4s then when my own contract is up, leave verizon and use it fot Straight Talk.

I have a question! If i am buying a Verizon IPhone 4S is there a way for me to unlock it and use it on At&t?

With the Chinese GPP sim it should be possible.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/iphone-4s-verizon-unlock-sim

I just recenty bought a used iphone 4s from a friend. Its from Verizon But, I wantto use it for Straight Talk because I'm not able to get a contract through Verizon. Can I get it unlocked without having to go to a Verizon office? And, will I be able to use it at Straight Talk?
Thanks, Savannah

Hello all. I have gone through the Verizon iPhone 4S CDMA switch to Straight Talk GSM service. Don't do it. Yes it is possible with a Gevey SIM chips and about 5 hours of programming. However if you purchased a subsidized phone in Verizon it is FOREVER locked to Verizon. Those software locks can be broken, as right now my Verizon iPhone 4S is working on Straight Talk. However... the data speed is limited to "dial up" and there are numerous other issues that make me regret ever attempting the project. The most frustrating thing is that the phone can NEVER be activated BACK on the Verizon network. This is done by original software programing done on the iphone by Verizon. Unfortunately this is the state of the cell companies.

if you are to buy an iphone 4s i would buy one locked with at&t as it is prety easy to unlock and use with any company even a cdma signal one like verizon. at&t fully unlocks your phone but you have to go into some settings and turn off ur gsm and turn on ur cdma and should be fully functional for verizon and i think Sprint. yet verizon wont fully unlock your phone for locol gsm companies. i can help unlock at&t iphones super cheap and i dont need to even see your phone so its safe for you. you just need a sim card to fit thats not from at&t.. write me

Rwakenny, how do I get my phone back to AT&T& it was at& t but my stupid son in law changed it to verizon . I would like it back to AT&T. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

howardforums is the place to research, but i gave up, was trying to unlock a Sprint to verizon, i finally sold the Sprint phone an bought a verizon, it activated fine on pplus, if you have an AT&T phone, it should sell pretty easily

Hello, I read the message that you can unlock phones?

I found a phone it has service with Verizon, but it is unlock to from the screen I can get into the phone to call the owner. I was waiting for a call but they never call. 
do you think it is any possibility to unlock this phone and use it? 
Thank You

Yes u can do it easily using one of the factory unlock iphone sevices. Beware of scammers, This guys http://letsunlockiphone5.com  have a great reputation - u can trust em !

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014